• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
iGh6salMa1O6J.gif
To be fair, if the TV series consisted entirely of those 3D CGI sequences it would have been enjoyable. (and it's the part imaishi was directly responsible for creatively).:p

DiGiKerot

Wow, that took long enough.

I gather the hold-up has been more on the Toei end of affairs, in as much as every time the subject was broached, they replied along the lines of "Well, let's see how Dragonball does first, eh?".

Which means I take it that Dragonball has probably done pretty well.

DiGiKerot

As much as I could dig the CG battles in BRS, I hope the new show doesn't have ANY of that.

*Shrug* Panty and Stocking had plenty of similar CG malarkey going on in it's fight scenes as well. I kind of feel it's probably somewhat inevitable that we'll be getting some degree of that.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
*Shrug* Panty and Stocking had plenty of similar CG malarkey going on in it's fight scenes as well. I kind of feel it's probably somewhat inevitable that we'll be getting some degree of that.
Yeah, I'm expecting it's use of CG to be even better than P&S & BRS (TV). Can't fucking wait!

trejo

Happy Birthday to trejo! Hopefully you had a nice day.

Happy Birthday, Mr. trejo!

trejo happy birthday and thanks for all the fish

Happy bday trejo! :D

Nafe knows...

Happy Birthday Trejo!

Happy birthday, Trejo!

Why do I feel like we wished "Happy Birthday" to trejo somewhat recently? Perhaps I'm thinking of somebody else.

Anyhoo, happy birthday trejo.

Aww thanks y'all! I really appreciate you guys a lot and I think you're all a real nice bunch of people even if we don't always see eye to eye on everything and even if you did just make me go through the last 10 or so pages to make sure I didn't skip anyone. Apologies if I did.

Also, damn, Mitsuho's downfall came outta nowhere. Even though the nihongo thing was kinda weird he/she still seemed like an okay character.

Let's strive to try to take better care of our surviving juniors, shall we?

Shergal

But P&S also had a lot of hand-drawn eye candy to complement it.

Well, not that I think this show won't have traditional animation, it probably will be the majority of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What would that mean?!
You get to decide!

You fell off the path of the righteous long ago. You can't even identify what's real anymore!
You think two girls being on the same planet means that they have homolust for each other though!

GvJkE81l.jpg

:p

Speaking of which, Kotoura-san 5 was fun in that they made the joke that most people made last week after episode 4: http://i.imgur.com/dLEylVQl.jpg
(I'll leave that as a link for all you crazy spoiler phobes lol).

I assume that it'll be in gag-manga mode for a while until, well, the mother comes back into play (hey, she's in the OP, so that's not a spoiler).

Also, there's a new ED to go with the new shift in tone! It's almost like the director planned this!

Theonik

Might as well, if that's the case. Happy birthday Trejo! Wasn't sure what the reaction would have been given the previous "OMG Stalkers drama" in here.

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 12
ifK3GYvGSjkXn.png

So he's into that sort of thing is he?
So turns out I may be right. Also the characters on this show really thick.

∀ Gundam: Called Turn-A-Gundam 13
iOMUNwIc3XJKg.png

They really are trying to castrate him aren't they...
:chet episode? Chet episode!
Wow, just how old IS Queen Diana
The fight on this episode was freaking sweet. Hope we get more of that soon!

Stumbled upon Yaoi Space Brothers fanarts.
Featuring Mutta and Hibito.
Why.

THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BROTHERS
http://i.imgur.com/CQYor.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

But that makes it even better tied with best friends in love... Anyway although their kind of up there in age, I think they have good arts and really good fanbook covers. There was a reason why I never took it off my plan to watch list.

If it can only be dated and durb cast revealed.

Kurita

But that makes it even better tied with best friends in love... Anyway although their kind of up there in age, I think they have good arts and really good fanbook covers. There was a reason why I never took it off my plan to watch list.

If it can only be dated and durb cast revealed.

No I'm sorry, it's just sick. Incest is a big no.

Kagami

Late to the party on this, since I was waiting for the BD to come out before watching it, but man, the first episode Akito the Exiled was pretty great. Love the noodley Jazz music. CG was pretty great too, though it took me a few moments to adjust following it early on.

Speaking of which, I also got the first volume of Jojo. Came with this very manly poster.

FS2wI4G.png
I probably won't be getting the Akito BD until April when my friend sends it together with some other stuff, but I watched it via Bandai Channel's free live stream last month, and I was pretty satisfied with it, too. I'd been worried about the main staff not being from the original Geass, but it's turned out pretty well I think.

trejo

It's my favorite TV anime of 2012.
Original anime, romcom, fairly fast-paced and focused (non-episodic), with pretty character designs.

In my case it's the show that finally convinced me Toradora was a fluke. :(

That one Kanna gif still makes me laugh tho, so it's not all bad.

-edit- Oh, and apparently MangaUK have licensed One Piece, which is mostly interesting because now people are going to have to find a new question to ask them at events.

...I could have sworn they already had that licence. Maybe I'm confusing it with Yu-Gi-Oh? (And if I am, that kinda makes sense: they'll probably need a new, long running show that at this stage would probably be fairly cheap to licence)

Kurita

...I could have sworn they already had that licence. Maybe I'm confusing it with Yu-Gi-Oh? (And if I am, that kinda makes sense: they'll probably need a new, long running show that at this stage would probably be fairly cheap to licence)
Did they license the 4kids version or is it the original version? (Including the "season 0")

Zeroth

Psycho Pass 16

WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK

That's the most succinct review of the episode I've read so far

duckroll

Psycho-Pass - Episode 16

MQTiHgL.jpg

This is fucking awful art. C'mon IG, are you even trying anymore?

Considering all the build up to the events in this episode, I'll say that it's only partially successful in execution. There isn't anything fundamentally wrong here other than how predictable and by the books everything is, which is a problem the series has always had anyway. In terms of actual entertainment, it definitely delivers. The big fight people have been waiting for is pretty satisfying with great choreography. Real martial arts fighting instead of nonsense-anime action. Definitely performance referenced. Some great moves there.

As far as the plot goes, we're going to have to wait and see where all this leads to, but
I have to say I'm really disappointed that they decided to drag on the "what is the Sibyl System nonsense by not showing us what they were seeing even though they were both in the fucking room. Bright white light? Really? Lame! I lol'd fucking hard at Terminator-bitch though. That was.... lolz.

The next few episodes are going to be really interesting. Prediction:
With Makishima actually captured now, I bet Butch is going to be "inspired" by The Dark Knight, just like Skyfall was. *cough*

Jex

Where have Production I.G. sunk all their talent into? Studio Wit? Or do they just realise that there's no need for them to make the effort?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did they license the 4kids version or is it the original version? (Including the "season 0")

Yeah, I need to know this too. I'd absolutely import uncut subtitled DVDs of Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters if they were available.

Caesnd

Personally, I don't see anything worse in that screenshot than what seems to be standard for many/most of the shows running currently.

I thought the only yugioh license in the uk was the Bonds Beyond Time movie on BD/DVD. One Piece is the funidurb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom