• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I can't spam Anno-Hates-Everyone.jpg pics?
ER5JfKe.jpg

Awww...

I'd say that more of an Anno hates himself picture.

Jintor

It's hard to decide which side skit character is my favourite in Nichijou. Tsundere weapons girl is great. Male lovesick professional teacher is great. The Principal is great. Bow-head girl is great.

Shergal

It's hard to decide which side skit character is my favourite in Nichijou. Tsundere weapons girl is great. Male lovesick professional teacher is great. The Principal is great. Bow-head girl is great.

Everything with Nakamura in it is up there, having some of the most funny moments in the show.

nchij_e10_p4_zpsc71562db.gif
nchij_e22_p4_zps3e73c37c.gif
nchij_e20_p4_zps8b4f1469.gif

So good that I can't decide between the three. The lovesick teacher is great too. Misato and Sasahara are definitely the strongest comedic side pair.

Narag

Serious question: don't you ever think your sliding down the ice towards a ravine and there's nothing that you can do to stop it?

I did when I watched that second season of 00. Turns out keeping one's expectations in check goes a long way. Who knew?!

Kazzy

THEN WHO WAS EVA 00

If theories are to be believed and Unit 00 is
Rei I
than that statement still sort of holds.

I now understand this reference!

Even the most basic Eva discussions lead to massive, theory crafting can of worms stuff. I love that fact.

Which makes the prospect of trying to write my impressions of the whole thing, pretty ridiculous. At least without descending into navel-gazing. I've aborted it twice!

Jintor

My god, some of these art shift jokes in Nichijou are side-splitting. The 'unimpressed face' sequences in particular are glorious.

/edit holy shit igo soccer is even weirder than I thought

cajunator

Banned
Futari Wa Precure 13

After taking a bit of a break to hang out with my roommates a bit and get out of my room, its time to resume.
Honoka and her science club are coming up with an idea for a project using electricity.
A mysterious transfer student shows up at the school. No WAY this guy could be bad right?
Once the presentation is ready to be shown to the school audience, naturally someone has to create a monster from it. After the usual fun fight and defeating Zakenna, the project is shown again.
It is a model of simulated Earth weather and named after Honoka's lab partner instead of her taking all the credit.
This is why Honoka is the best girl.

No Professor/Sakamoto skit?

GqhkTfx.gif

Why?

This gif NEVER gets old.

Just caught up on Shin Sekai Yori and hot damn has this show gone places. The suspense, characters, music, art and story are just fantastic. It sucks that the show isn't doing so hot on the physical sales, but I'm glad Crunchyrollers are at least checking it out. I think this is my first post in here. You people are gonna make me go blind due to speed lurking.

Edit: Oh, and Space Brothers is one of the best shows ever.
Why is Space Brothers such a highly acclaimed anime?

cajunator

Banned
HiMM and This Ugly and Beautiful World one after another basically killed them for me.

He Is My Master was pretty fun but I agree with you on Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai. It was awful. Most phoned in "anniversary" show ever made. Completely average show that played off the popularity of Mahoromatic right down to the identical character design (which is to say Hikari and Akari were SUPER CUTE)

duckroll

Valvrave is going to have some pretty kickass themes.

OP: T.M. Revolution x Nana Mizuki
ED: Angela

It's like SEED x Fafner to the max. Lol!

Edit: http://www.valvrave.com/music/

Looks like there's 1 OP and 2 EDs. The second ED later on will be by Elisa. This probably means it's a 1-cour show? Maybe?

DiGiKerot

Valvrave is going to have some pretty kickass themes.

OP: T.M. Revolution x Nana Mizuki
ED: Angela

It's like SEED x Fafner to the max. Lol!

Oh, don't say that - I mean, at least Hisashi Hirai is doing the character designs for another show!

In any case, I like all of these things in moderation - actually, I'm way less hot on Nana Mizuki than TMR and Angela, but I'm probably in a minority there(?).

(There was a cover of the Fafner OP on one of the recent iM@S CDs. Strikes me as being a rather brave thing to do, but actually turned out OK).

PsionBolt

Dokidoki! Precure - 3

Well, it was a blue episode, so it had a lot of blue in it. Consequently, it wasn't nearly as interesting as the pink / purple episodes before it, since Blue is a much less interesting character.

I do have to applaud Rikka for tryng to use SCIENCE on the magical items. That's pretty classy.
Her calling out the creepy jewelry guy for being a creepy stalker was also nice. Between that scene this week and her "swallow" line last week, it seems she's sailing the seas already...

MakoP manages to earn points without even appearing in the episode, thanks to Mana gushing over a poster of her. I can't wait until she returns.

Next episode seems to be a Pumpkin episode. She's way last in rankings, so good luck. I don't imagine anything will change from the established Decade = Blade > Blue >>> Pumpkin, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom