• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 08•07-09•15 - Gifted MI5 cruises by F4. DBZ fans still warm 4 Frieza's form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Furious 7
Jurassic World
Minions
Straight Outta Compton

This is totally Universal's year. Do they have any more possible surprises lined up later in the year?
Universal showing they can make money no matter how hard it is to relate to the main characters.

kswiston

Ghost Protocol will pull back ahead of Rogue Nation in the coming week.

I am thinking $190M for Rogue Nation domestically at this point.

guek

Banned
I wonder if F4 will drop below Ant-Man next week or the following week after that. Won't that be something.

kswiston

Monster Hunt in China is near $350M now. The Chinese government extended its run for a month, so it looks like they are pushing for it to take Furious 7's Chinese box office record of $392M.

I wonder if F4 will drop below Ant-Man next week or the following week after that. Won't that be something.

Fantastic Four is going to lose 2000+ theatres next weekend, so that will almost certainly happen. F4 would need to have a 50% or better drop to have a decent chance at beating Ant-Man next weekend. Go look at the 3rd weekend drops for comic films that had F4-like second weekend drops.

kswiston

Fantastic Four is now at $102M worldwide.

A Universal shared universe with those properties would be the craziest/amazing thing ever.

Gross participation due to the different rights holders and creative types would also be a nightmare. I wonder what Amblin's stake in Jurassic Park is.

Furious 7
Jurassic World
Minions
Straight Outta Compton

This is totally Universal's year. Do they have any more possible surprises lined up later in the year?

Universal right now:

eTiqmjZ.gif

jett

D-Member
Monster Hunt in China is near $350M now. The Chinese government extended its run for a month, so it looks like they are pushing for it to take Furious 7's Chinese box office record of $392M.

Fantastic Four is going to lose 2000+ theatres next weekend, so that will almost certainly happen. F4 would need to have a 50% or better drop to have a decent chance at beating Ant-Man next weekend. Go look at the 3rd weekend drops for comic films that had F4-like second weekend drops.

*watches trailer*

why

Kingsman is based on a comic book? Wow. I thought it just looked like a baller ass spy movie with some humor. Like modern Bond and classic Bond found a fun middle ground and added apprentices as a plot point.

And it was all that AND MORE.

and the comic it was based off of is garbage

Toothless

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think Alice 2 or X-Men: Apocalypse will win the May 27, 2016 opening weekend?

X-Men: Apocalypse easy. Although it'll definitely decrease from DOFP (the novelty factor+Wolverine are gone), DOFP revitalized the franchise so people think positively of X-Men now. Most people who liked Alice when it was out now either recognize it as mediocre or don't even remember it. The 3D novelty of the original is gone too; Alice 2 is the definition of a sequel no one asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom