• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cb0.gif
What a nice guy Cena is. He didn't use his fists like that mega heel Chris Redfield.

Mondy

Banned
That's one of the dumbest things in the entire thread. They have one of the best rosters they've ever had.

jZ05Hkv0QpcZs_e.jpg

Nah this roster is one of the best in a long time. Lots of great young talent. Ascension debuts tonight, hopefully, and Bo Dallas, lots of young fresh faces with a ton of skill.

Charisma is what makes wrestlers at the end of the day and apart from perhaps Bryan who has a serious rapport with the fans, there is not a pinch of charisma amongst them now that Punk has stopped turning up to work, and even he had sweet fuck all on someone like Rock or Flair.

hlhbk

They need to get their fresh talent from somewhere because the current roster is the absolute worst it has ever been.

You obviously weren't watching in the early 90's. Outside of Bret Hart, Taker, and Shawn the rest of the roster was brutal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Charisma is what makes wrestlers at the end of the day and apart from perhaps Bryan who has a serious rapport with the fans, there is not a pinch of charisma amongst them now that Punk has stopped turning up to work, and even he had sweet fuck all on someone like Rock or Flair.

Yeah man, it's not like the good ol days when we had Charisma magnets like Marc Mero and The Godfather
tumblr_n3np2idI0x1sbzhteo2_400.gif

tumblr_n3mxolz9Zg1saykaxo1_250.gif

Mondy

Banned
You obviously weren't watching in the early 90's. Outside of Bret Hart, Taker, and Shawn the rest of the roster was brutal.

I was buried up to my neck in SNES in that era. I didn't watch wrestling until the prime of the attitude era.

So I was a fan during the best era and I gave it up the moment it started going bad.

Yeah man, it's not like the good ol days when we had Charisma magnets like Marc Mero and The Godfather
tumblr_n3np2idI0x1sbzhteo2_400.gif

tumblr_n3mxolz9Zg1saykaxo1_250.gif

Yeah, anyone that says Bryan is the only one with charisma or getting reactions is ignorant. There are a lot of guys with the ability to get over, but it's up to WWE to give them the chance.

strobogo

Banned
Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
Ryback (suck it, I think he's enjoyable)
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

Plus a number of women who can put on good matches when given the time. This isn't even taking NXT into consideration. I can't think of a time when WWE had so few guys that weren't any good. The problem right now is lack of engaging storylines and boring booking. The wrestling is at an extremely high level and is only going to get better.

These are hard times, daddy.

To me, there is nowhere for Cena vs Wyatt to go. He conquered the demon, Bray didn't turn Cena into a monster, and everything is back to normal. We should have known it wasn't going to work out when they had the feud start at the Rumble and then COMPLETELY dropped it for a month. 100% dropped it. For a whole month during the Road to Wrestlemania.
The run in at RR was at cenas match right? I don't remember what cena and bray did at EC...can't tell if that's bad or not lol

zychi

Banned
So my new theory is that Punk isn't coming back as CM Punk, he's coming back as Phil Brooks. No idea why I think this.

Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

Plus a number of women who can put on good matches when given the time. This isn't even taking NXT into consideration. I can't think of a time when WWE had so few guys that weren't any good. The problem right now is lack of engaging storylines and boring booking. The wrestling is at an extremely high level and is only going to get better.

No Reigns? He's not the best in the ring, but you can't deny his charisma.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

This right here is truth.

Let the truth set you free!

They need to get their fresh talent from somewhere because the current roster is the absolute worst it has ever been.

Dude, have you been watching Raw Rewind from 1993? Doink was one of their top guys.

Actually, I bash him, but I find myself enjoying his work.

Edit: I'm very late with this reply.

TheBear

Also can I just say how much I hate JBL as a commentator?

LOOK MAGGLE GARDEN GNOME WE GOT US A FLYING GOAT WE GOT US A FLYING USO WE GOT US A FLYING SWISS SUPERMAN HE GOT THE SUPERMAN PUNCH I LOVE IT MAGGLE

The commentary team were fucking terrible. They don't sell the importance of anything. The in ring action has never been better, but they are being completely let down by all 3 commentators

Linkhero1

Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

Great roster. I don't think they've had anything nearly as good since the Attitude Era.

Anth0ny

Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

swap ADR with Ziggler and I agree completely. Roster is pretty damn great right now, a ton of potential, especially coming out of Mania.

Lets see how they fuck it up.

Clegg

Another example of a burial is HHH on Chris Masters after the latter returned after a 'Wellness' period. HHH on the mic said he'd never seen someone lose so much weight in so short a time.

Masters was basically dead after that.

strobogo

Banned
The run in at RR was at cenas match right? I don't remember what cena and bray did at EC...can't tell if that's bad or not lol

Yeah. They ran in and cost Cena the match. Then it was completely dropped and not mentioned or explained for a month until the same thing happened at EC and then they started the feud.

El Matadors? You racist.

But that is their team name, isn't it?

No Reigns? He's not the best in the ring, but you can't deny his charisma.

Forgot about him. I'd put him in the good list as long as he is in a tag match.

krae_man

Top shelf guys WWE has:

Bryan
Cesaro
Ambrose
Rollins
ADR
Sheamus
Orton
Bray
Goldust
Cody Rhodes

Good dudes:

Usos
Christian
Curtis Axel
PTP
Ziggler
Drew
Slater
El Matadors
Fandanger
Swagger
Kofi

Your list doesn't include Cena. I like this list.

joeposh

Uhh, what? The roster right now is LOADED with talent.

Remember when the Miz and R Truth were headlining PPVs a few years back? THAT was a thin time for the WWE. Cesaro, The Shield, The Wyatt's are all on the cusp of blowing up big and they've finally turned NXT into a reliable pipeline for talent. We've reached a point where a main event star like CM Punk can suddenly walk away from the company, and it isn't a total disaster.

Obviously the WWE is comfortable with where they're at, since last night was essentially a grand scale passing of the torch (minus the Cena match).

Mondy

Banned
So now that the emotion has had a chance to settle, what's WrestleGAFs final verdict on Taker putting over Lesnar?

I still think it was a terrible decision. If you were going to give it to a part timer, at least give it to Rock. However if anyone ultimately deserved it, it was Michaels. It would've been the perfect ending to his career.

Linkhero1

can we get a recap for those of us who missed..... everything.

Bryan vs HHH - Cena came out and pinned both guys. HHH was on top of Bryan of course when the pin happened.

The Shield vs Kane w/ NAO - The Shield did a double powerbomb on NAO only for Cena to come out and win.

Andre the Giant Musical Spectacular - Fandango awed us with his pelvic thrusts. Many were too mesmerized to notice Cena take out the remaining wrestlers.

Bray Wyatt vs Cena - Cena fought his inner demons and held off any urge to unleash the monster on Bray, but for some reason he was perfectly fine with releasing the monster on the rest of the Wyatt family. Cena won.

Taker vs Brock Lesnar - Fans were too legit shook to notice that Cena wasn't actually in this match.

Diva - I missed this one but from what I heard Cena blew the crowd.

Batista vs Bryan vs Orton - Fantastic match. Batista and Orton teamed up and man handled Bryan. CM Punk chants were heard throughout the arena as Bryan took the victory.

None of this actually happened the way it's described here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom