• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: April 10th Doll Presentation [up: video with subtitles]

Africanus

My questions regarding dolls are:

What are their limits before they break down/are destroyed?
Do they regenerate?
Can one summon a doll similar to, say, the bird of Skyward Sword?
What are the limits of dolls regarding flight (Id est: Is the tropho/stratosphere the limit, or can one go straight from the ground into the exosphere/outer space?
Can a person eject from a doll?
Will a person perish if the eject from their doll at too high of an altitude?
What happens to the doll if a person ejects out it mid-flight?
What happen to a doll if left alone?
What are the weaponry functions of the "tank mode" of dolls?
Can the transforming mechanism be broken?
Can dolls go underwater?
How customizeable are dolls?
In a multiplayer scenario, can other players ride in your doll?
Can other players attack your doll?
Why did they not choose a better name for this vehicle?

Overside

Banned
My questions regarding dolls are:

Oh fun guessy time!

What are their limits before they break down/are destroyed?

This is probably unique to each players doll and level and customizations. But it will most likely be represented by a hp or fuel bar like in gear and saga.

Do they regenerate?

I'm putting my guess on a modern streamlined gears system that considers what xenoblade did. So yes for player characters, but no-ish for dolls. Dolls will need to be repaired and refueled at blade. I see small damage regenerating (maybe costing fuel?), but for repairing broken parts, that will be done at blade and for a price.

Can one summon a doll similar to, say, the bird of Skyward Sword?

You leave base with it, like gears im betting. If you misplaced it in gears, you could always switch back to it through a menu, so i guess something like that will return, but I dont think it will be like you jump off a cliff and press a button.

What are the limits of dolls regarding flight (Id est: Is the tropho/stratosphere the limit, or can one go straight from the ground into the exosphere/outer space?

Really high up. I know the dolls can operate both in space and in atmosphere, but i dont think they can switch between the two even in story.

Can a person eject from a doll?

Yes.

Will a person perish if the eject from their doll at too high of an altitude?

I dont think you can bail in motion, however unlike xenoblade, the gravity of mira appears to be weak enough that falling is not something humans need to worry about now.

What happens to the doll if a person ejects out it mid-flight?

If that were possible it would probably just drift down according to gravity and inertia.

What happen to a doll if left alone?

It sits there. It may or may not begin to contemplate the meaning of its existence.

What are the weaponry functions of the "tank mode" of dolls?

I dont think there are any, looks to be a faster/more effecient way to travel.

Can the transforming mechanism be broken?

I dont think so, as i dont think transforming is a factor in combat.

Can dolls go underwater?

I doubt it, i dont think there is anything under the water. I would be pretty blown away.

How customizeable are dolls?

Probably really damn customizable, there is an entire faction dedicated to doll tech.

In a multiplayer scenario, can other players ride in your doll?

I dont think so. Everyone has their own.

Can other players attack your doll?

I think multi is co-op only. I really dont see anything condusive to greifing being allowed to be a factor.

Why did they not choose a better name for this vehicle?

I guess the ran out of ideas after gears saga and blade? Im still hoping it changes during localization.

K-A-Deman

Bloodborne crossover?

What does that have to do with ANYTHING in Xenoblade?

OT: Finally getting some more info on Dolls (and just a few days after my birthday, what a nice gift.). I hope they keep calling them Dolls in the localized game though; has a nice ring to it in my book.

Zero²

NA news when?
Is this going to be their big game for the holidays in NA and EU?
Hopefully its coming this fall, and we will see more of it on E3.
Maybe on the show floor this time? ^^

There wasnt said on one of those short stories that the gravity is almost similar to earth's?
Edit: yeah
“That’s not all. The temperature’s around 20C, the gravity is 0.94G, and radiation levels are safe...it’s habitable, without any kind of protection.”

So they they maybe dont have fall damage just for convenience, not anything plot wise.

jmizzal

http://nintendoeverything.com/next-...ream-coming-next-week-dolls-network-features/

"The next big stream for Xenoblade Chronicles X will take place on April 10, as announced during today’s Japanese Nintendo Direct. It will be focusing on the Dolls and network features. Check back on the site next week, and we should have a stream up! It’ll take place at 9 AM ET / 6 AM PT."

This is gonna be on Dolls and Network features, finally we get to hear about the online. I hope its coming Summer in the west i'm ready to dive in.

Greenzxy

This red beauty:

insta019mlbd3.gif

iFr8igt.gif

Damn, that's beautiful.

Overside

Banned
Zero²;158789989 said:
Hopefully its coming this fall, and we will see more of it on E3.
Maybe on the show floor this time? ^^

There wasnt said on one of those short stories that the gravity is almost similar to earth's?
Edit: yeah
“That’s not all. The temperature’s around 20C, the gravity is 0.94G, and radiation levels are safe...it’s habitable, without any kind of protection.”

So they they maybe dont have fall damage just for convenience, not anything plot wise.

Oh, thanks.

Maybe they are all cyborgs!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh, for whatever reason I thought this will be late in the evening tomorrow (in EU). Maybe linking it to the Direct airing hour last time. Cool, only 25 hours to go!

L~A

Oh, for whatever reason I thought this will be late in the evening tomorrow (in EU). Maybe linking it to the Direct airing hour last time. Cool, only 25 hours to go!

It's aimed at the Japanese audience, wouldn't make sense to put it at 7AM like the Direct.

TDLink

It's aimed at the Japanese audience, wouldn't make sense to put it at 7AM like the Direct.

10 pm doesn't exactly make sense either if it's aimed purely at Japan. The times are clearly intentionally convenient for all regions.

zogged

Here's hoping they give some more info about the Doll-related faction from the 8 that you choose from. If they confirm it as being focused in the development and upgrading of the Dolls then it's a no-brainer who I'll be picking.

L~A

10 pm doesn't exactly make sense either if it's aimed purely at Japan. The times are clearly intentionally convenient for all regions.

10pm on a Friday evening (meaning people watching it will be back from work/school/whatever) doesn't make sense? Most JP livestream takes place between 8PM/11PM (from start to finish), that's not really weird. They're not gonna put a livestream when people are working/commuting.

Anyway, thanks tonyh24613 for the NicoNico link :)

Litri

I have the feeling that tomorrow's presentation will be the icing on the cake. I hope I'm not wrong. Maybe they talk about online too towards the end...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This game looks amazing. I'm really hoping they release this in NA with some type of a really cool CE, but if they do, I'm sure it'll be super limited and sell out in 5.2 seconds.

DrWong

I have the feeling that tomorrow's presentation will be the icing on the cake. I hope I'm not wrong. Maybe they talk about online too towards the end...

http://nintendoeverything.com/next-...ream-coming-next-week-dolls-network-features/

"The next big stream for Xenoblade Chronicles X will take place on April 10, as announced during today’s Japanese Nintendo Direct. It will be focusing on the Dolls and network features. Check back on the site next week, and we should have a stream up! It’ll take place at 9 AM ET / 6 AM PT."

This is gonna be on Dolls and Network features, finally we get to hear about the online. I hope its coming Summer in the west i'm ready to dive in.

:]

rjinaz

So close now. Won't be able to watch it live but I'll watch it shorty after.

I'm not crazy about mechs in general but I am nonetheless interested in learning more (as always when it comes to this game).

Top Bottom