• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct - Battle on March 6th [up: video with subtitles]

Right, but if he's a party member in the same way as Elma & co. are, why introduce him in the same way as Serika, Meledes, and Fry?

He was given a better introduction in the last video, maybe that's why. He even has his own character profile on the website and is in the official artwork.

xevis

Banned
gXulFWR.jpg

?

No, I'm referring to the pink helper thing that appears at the start of the video in the OP. The thing with the hat and whiny voice. Every time I see it I want to suffocate it with a pillow.

Please don't ruin this game pink whiny animu thing :(

casiopao

The battle system looks damn complex lol. From the cooldown system, double charge skills, low and high position, Soul Voice and weakness attack.

Buff and debuff also seems to be extra important in this one.^_^ Hope i won't get overwhelm by the battle system when the game come out here.^_^

Skulldead

Look really good and complex, my biggest fear if the game will be enough challenging.... Because in Xenoblade the +-5 Level mechanic Accuracy was really as pain... Really lazy way to balance the game...

Look really good and complex, my biggest fear if the game will be enough challenging.... Because in Xenoblade the +-5 Level mechanic Accuracy was really as pain... Really lazy way to balance the game...

Good point, I was having so much fun with Chronicles that I forgot about this flaw.
I hope we can really battle the higher level monsters without this handicap !

No, I'm referring to the pink helper thing that appears at the start of the video in the OP. The thing with the hat and whiny voice. Every time I see it I want to suffocate it with a pillow.

Yeah, let's not ruin this game with a species that debuted in the first game and had a playable party member. :p

He was given a better introduction in the last video, maybe that's why. He even has his own character profile on the website and is in the official artwork.

Ah, maybe. I mean, it's still a bit weird to me since Irina and co. are all up on the site, too, and this video was the first real acknowledgement of them being party members. And Tatsu's in everything, but he doesn't fight, so I never counted Ru being in that art for much, since he could just have been an important story partner/travel companion. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough what's up with him and the other 3 humans.

Fandangox

Ah, maybe. I mean, it's still a bit weird to me since Irina and co. are all up on the site, too, and this video was the first real acknowledgement of them being party members. And Tatsu's in everything, but he doesn't fight, so I never counted Ru being in that art for much, since he could just have been an important story partner/travel companion. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough what's up with him and the other 3 humans.

I think that up until a certain point in the game, who is available in your party members will depend on what Union you are currently in.

You're talking about Tatsu who first of all is orange, not pink. And he's a Nopon species, who played a crucial role in the first Xenoblade. They aren't just whiny animu things okay!

Aight a theory about the last 3 characters they showed Fry, Murders and the other one.

Takahashi said in an interview that the Cross referred to characters "crossing over" to other people's worlds. My best guess is that this works like FE:Awakening Streetpass where you could fight the other MUs and recruit them. The last 3 characters aren't part of the story but rather characters that other people created and hanging out in your NLA.

This could explain why they have such a big level difference from the party.

Fandangox

Aight a theory about the last 3 characters they showed Fry, Murders and the other one.

Takahashi said in an interview that the Cross referred to characters "crossing over" to other people's worlds. My best guess is that this works like FE:Awakening Streetpass where you could fight the other MUs and recruit them. The last 3 characters aren't part of the story but rather characters that other people created and hanging out in your NLA.

This could explain why they have such a big level difference from the party.

I haven't watched the video yet, but you are saying they stealthily showed the Online Multiplayer mode?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
good lord, these gifs. These mechs. These buttocks. I havent been this excited about a game since Mario Galaxy

sG4RYS1.png

Enemy's Level

White: lower than the player
Purple: The same or higher
Red: much higher

2VL3q9H.png

EXP based on character levels.

Based EXP is 270, the monster is LV30. So apparently -10%EXP/LV higher than the enemy.

Also confirmed the max level of some classes is 10 or 20.

Thoughts?

I mean, it's all music from the game. Whether or not some of it is cutscene music or not is a question, I suppose. But they didn't write music just for these trailers.

They did say there's a lot of vocals in the music, though.

I could not stand even 1 minute of the trailer due to the music and ridiculous anime chatter at the beginning which i skipped. I really can't stand anime influenced games, it makes anything seem dumb and stupid.

A Shame because the game seems it could be interesting without it.

RedZaraki

Banned
I could not stand even 1 minute of the trailer due to the music and ridiculous anime chatter at the beginning which i skipped. I really can't stand anime influenced games, it makes anything seem dumb and stupid.

Show me where the anime touched you.

Cosmozone

This reminds me about my grandpa, who has watched an episode of Wallace and Gromit once. He didn't like it at all. For the life of his, he just couldn't get over the fact that a character's mouth could become wider than the head, LOL.

TheMoon

That "anime chatter" is called Japanese. You're free to not like something but don't be a casual racist lol

Monolithsoft obviously did a lot of research on what it means to be American.

Maybe they accidentally looked at Canada.

edit: yes I am aware of the irony in these two responses :D

That "anime chatter" is called Japanese. You're free to not like something but don't be a casual racist lol
Maybe he doesn't like the voices behind the characters. I'm someone who normally prefers Japanese voice acting (I used the Japanese track when playing Xenoblade), but even I found the two initial characters to be really annoying in their voice and demeanor.

So, any ideas why shulk appeared in the first trailer?

Because there is a character creator with which you can make your main character look like Shulk. As far as we know there's nothing more to it than that. However with Nopon making a return and Lyn's monado hairpins who knows what other connections to the Wii game we'll see, even if they state that it's a spiritual sequel.

mStudios

Because there is a character creator with which you can make your main character look like Shulk. As far as we know there's nothing more to it than that. However with Nopon making a return and Lyn's monado hairpins who knows what other connections to the Wii game we'll see, even if they state that it's a spiritual sequel.

or amiibos

alvis.exe

He won't ruin it. He'll just make it better.

Heropon_Riki_Dance.gif

Seriously the Nopon turned out to be an amazing cutesy mascot race. I'm looking forward to all their sometimes surprisingly intellectual, other times emotional, otherwise insane, bloodthirsty, drug-trafficking and drug lord related quests this time round.

Top Bottom