• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Sucks that I won't get home till close to 10, but that's the beauty of DVR. Plus I get to skip all the commercials for that first hour. Muhahaha. Enjoy having the excellent tension shattered at various intervals!

KevinCow

Banned
Zeliard said:

Hey, I don't hate the character or anything. It's just, almost every other main character in the whole show has been way more interesting than him. Even characters I like less are more memorable and interesting.

Solo

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It's a reputable site, don't worry about it.

Really though, they only made one iteration of the shirt, and it has your name inscribed on the collar.:lol

I bought 2 :lol

Solo said:
Its 2 eps though, since a lot of people dont seem to realize that. 2 hour, 2 ep premiere, then 13 regular eps, then a 3 hour, 3 ep finale spread out over 2 weeks (Pt.1 the first week and Pt.2/Pt.3 the second), for a grand total of 18 eps, with LOST ending forever on May 18.
:(

Zeliard said:
Enjoy having the excellent tension shattered at various intervals!

I hate that TV is never written for commercial breaks. It just stops abruptly, no awesome musical flourishes to bring you into the cut to black. No perfectly crafted bridged scenes to bring the story to a crescendo before the cut. It sucks. TV was never made to have commercial breaks.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Mik2121 said:
So, how many hours left until the premiere airs?
t1265162400z1.png

MMaRsu

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Which country are you in? All I know is UK time, it should be 2-4AM.

*curses lack of Internet between 3-6 some more :(*

Netherlands, so 1 hour later than where you are :). Regardless, I'm getting up in the middle of the night I think :lol . Either that or I'm staying up, or waking up early.. choices choices..

Solo

BenjaminBirdie said:
I hate that TV is never written for commercial breaks. It just stops abruptly, no awesome musical flourishes to bring you into the cut to black. No perfectly crafted bridged scenes to bring the story to a crescendo before the cut. It sucks. TV was never made to have commercial breaks.

What are you talking about, mang? Its almost annoying how predictable it is that LOST will have a Giacchino flourish and a mini-cliffhanger before each commercial break :lol

Solo said:
What are you talking about, mang? Its almost annoying how predictable it is that LOST will have a Giacchino flourish and a mini-cliffhanger before each commercial break :lol

I was being sarcastic. My point is that it's actually fun to watch LOST live because it was constructed to work with commercial breaks.

Zeliard

BenjaminBirdie said:

Even the one-week breaks in between episodes are unfortunate, if obviously inevitable. It's just much nicer being able to zip through episodes at your convenience. That goes for any great show, but probably more with something like Lost which is so cliffhanger-heavy and riddled with mysteries.

Mik2121

Solo said:
I just said the answer like 15 posts ago....

Sorry man, just got here to the last page and didn't think someone would have said that in the page before (and there are TOO many pages to look around!).

Anyway, 12 hours and a half.. that means I'll be watching this tomorrow, aww.. (it's 10PM here)

Mik2121 said:
Sorry man, just got here to the last page and didn't think someone would have said that in the page before (and there are TOO many pages to look around!).

Anyway, 12 hours and a half.. that means I'll be watching this tomorrow, aww.. (it's 10PM here)

It's also in the OP. First like 8 words.

yacobod

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
I've never watched an episode of Lost with a commercial break, and there's no spin that can make that anything but a good thing ;D

same here, i've watched seasons 1-5 on bluray, not sure how i'm going to handle it weekly this season, i think the show works best on home video, but i cant wait for the premiere in 12:23

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
These are the last moments anyone will ever have to wait for a Lost premiere. Those unlucky SOBs in the future will have answers at the snap of a finger.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
watching on tv as it goes has its ups and downs. of course if you're watching by yourself it's ideal to have the dvd, but my family has LOST dinner parties week-to-week and eats awesome grub and says "OH SHIT" at every commercial break/episode end. come the next monday, we sit and theorize about what's going to happen the next episode. it's like the super bowl every week for us.

Solo

SpeedingUptoStop said:
These are the last moments anyone will ever have to wait for a Lost premiere. Those unlucky SOBs in the future will have answers at the snap of a finger.

Its the journey that matters though, not the destination. Those future fools will be robbed of the experience of the journey.

SpeedingUptoStop

Solo said:
Its the journey that matters though, not the destination. Those future fools will be robbed of the experience of the journey.
8 months of collective speculation, gone in the switch of DVD! The horror.

SpeedingUptoStop

Final theory - The 77s are back on the plane, with all the other survivors. shit's going smoothly, everyone retains their memories of what happened, but they're back to their 2004 selves.

then the plane hits turbulence. then the plane crashes. Back on the island. In 2007.

Jack and Locke, BACK IN THE GAME, IT'S A DOPPELGANGER'S PARADISE!

Solo

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Final theory - The 77s are back on the plane, with all the other survivors. shit's going smoothly, everyone retains their memories of what happened, but they're back to their 2004 selves.

then the plane hits turbulence. then the plane crashes. Back on the island. In 2007.

Jack and Locke, BACK IN THE GAME, IT'S A DOPPELGANGER'S PARADISE!

I think this is pretty much foiled already though :lol

the last season starts tonight are you serious

are you SERIOUS

edit: OMG that Sayid part with the soft tacos, I actually heard him say that in my head WTF

Realyst

If this question has been posed already please accept my apology:

Has it already been discussed that our Canadian viewers need to kindly shut the fuck up for at least five minutes after something happens? For the past few seasons, the Canadians have for some reason lived in the future, so that when they live-blog they end up spoiling something for us lesser people.

Solo

Me and my fellow country men will NOT shut up! Actually, I dont post during the episodes anyways, so you have nothing to fear from me. I never post until after the ep. I dont get you "live bloggers". WATCH THE MO'FUCKING EPISODE!

Solo said:
Me and my fellow country men will NOT shut up! Actually, I dont post during the episodes anyways, so you have nothing to fear from me. I never post until after the ep. I dont get you "live bloggers". WATCH THE MO'FUCKING EPISODE!

BETWEEN COMMERCIALS

It's not like when shit happens like Michael double-plopping Michelle Rodriguez and the chick from Titus you can sit still you have to get on real quick and make an OMG post and then make a mad hell dash back to the TV (of course your PC and TV could be in the same area and you can watch/e-shit yourself at the same time)

jett

D-Member
brandonh83 said:
BETWEEN COMMERCIALS

It's not like when shit happens like Michael double-plopping Michelle Rodriguez and the chick from Titus you can sit still you have to get on real quick and make an OMG post and then make a mad hell dash back to the TV (of course your PC and TV could be in the same area and you can watch/e-shit yourself at the same time)

There's always some canadian retard that spoils stuff a couple of minutes ahead.

No offense canucks.

Solo

brandonh83 said:
BETWEEN COMMERCIALS

:lol

This is what I mean. When I enter the thread after the ep and read the posts made during the ep, its 15 pages of 99% "OMG" and "holy shit!", and it makes me wonder, whats the point?

Calcaneus

Anyone think there will be a big ratings spike for the finale? Wonder how many people who gave up on the show will tune in just to see how it ends.

Solo

Calcaneus said:
Anyone think there will be a big ratings spike for the finale? Wonder how many people who gave up on the show will tune in just to see how it ends.

I bet there will be a bigger ratings spike for tonights premiere than for the finale. Im calling tonight's ep being the highest rated since S3.

E-phonk

Banned
I'm from Belgium.. Could I watch it live somewhere? Or is it better I sleep 'till 5.30, wake up - torrent it & watch it before I go to work?

(And be sure: I'm buying the complete series on bluray - but they don't get broadcasted here until a few months afterwards).

Tim-E

Just heard a story about the premiere in Hawaii this on Morning Edition. They interviewed a guy who was talking about people who put "Live together, die alone" in their wedding vows. :lol

Calcaneus

Solo said:
I bet there will be a bigger ratings spike for tonights premiere than for the finale. Im calling tonight's ep being the highest rated since S3.
Probably, but I expect ABC to pump out the marketing for the last two weeks. And I sure hope they get back to at least S3 levels, that shit dropped badly in the last two years.

Trevelyon

E-phonk said:
I'm from Belgium.. Could I watch it live somewhere? Or is it better I sleep 'till 5.30, wake up - torrent it & watch it before I go to work?

Torrent it dude, without a doubt. Leave it for after work if you're cutting it too close.

Gonna try sneak away from work early tomorrow, hit up some take-away on the way home, fire up bitcomet, hit a shower and rock the hell out of that premiere.

Nameless

The bulk of my posting will during breaks and after the episode. With this fuckin show the slightest lapse in focus can lead to missing something huge.

Might jump on here, for a quick FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU or in the event that any light bulbs go off. But since I'm half considering pulling a Christian Shephard and getting blitzed from now until the premiere ,OMG & Holy Shit might be the most I'll be able to muster.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Solo said:

Yeah, I'm also in Canada, and WILL NOT be on GAF while the episode airs, are you kidding? I want to devote all my attention to tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom