• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

h1nch

I wonder if Brock looked at his misspelled tattoo quote for emotional guidance throughout the decision-making process

17kwzxob3ihi7jpg.jpg

Free Agents don't want to come to our team because of our Front Office's reputation IMO. We have all this Cap space..lol.. for nothing.

How do yall feel knowing the 9ers are going to be garbage next year? how long until yall start feeling sorry for us?

Blaine fookin Gabbert.

i get that but i also wouldn't want to pay what these guys are getting either. i really wanted sean smith coming into the offseason, and maybe we could still get him but beyond that who has been signed that you'd want for the contract he got? Jenkins? Vernon? lol.

wait i also really wanted alex mack. if Kilgore is 100% healthy then i am fine with that but i cant handle another season of marcus martin at center. i will consider this the greatest offseason in team history if we could get rid of marcus martin, jordan devey and erik pears. i honestly don't give a fuck who replaces them because those 3 can't get any worse

Free Agents don't want to come to our team because of our Front Office's reputation IMO. We have all this Cap space..lol.. for nothing.

How do yall feel knowing the 9ers are going to be garbage next year? how long until yall start feeling sorry for us?

Blaine fookin Gabbert.

I will never feel sorry for your team. While you may have Gabbert your team, you didn't use their fucking 1st round pick (10th spot) on fucking Gabbert. Gabbert's pick somehow is worse than us picking a fucking punter in the 4th round! A PUNTER!

Brinbe

Aside from the Daniel signing, I like pretty much everything Howie's done these past two days. This D should be a lot better than last season. Bradham is a solid add and completes what we have with Kendricks/Hicks.

And we're in position to draft someone like Hargreaves @ 8 and really complete our secondary.

Afrikan

i get that but i also wouldn't want to pay what these guys are getting either. i really wanted sean smith coming into the offseason, and maybe we could still get him but beyond that who has been signed that you'd want for the contract he got? Jenkins? Vernon? lol.

wait i also really wanted alex mack. if Kilgore is 100% healthy then i am fine with that but i cant handle another season of marcus martin at center. i will consider this the greatest offseason in team history if we could get rid of marcus martin, jordan devey and erik pears. i honestly don't give a fuck who replaces them because those 3 can't get any worse

Sean Smith would be ok I guess...but secondary wasn't our issue last year... we even had depth already. It was the fucking lack of a pass rush.

and overcourse the fact that we couldn't fucking block anyone.... and now we loose Boone for pennies to the Vikings... WTF? the Oline got WORSE! and we FUCKING TENDER FUCKING JORDAN FUCKING DEVEY??? WHAT IN THE MOTHING FCUKING FUCK????

Tom Penny

Not sure why people are tripping on Denver. Everything is incumbent on if their defense stays at the relatively close to last year. Their offense was putrid and they won the SB so a big upgrade is not needed at QB. If Brock is for real then it's a mistake but Elway has cache to give no fucks now.

Farooq

Banned
Adrian Clayborn and Thornton is enough FA spending imo. Solid depth pieces, hope it happens. Replacing Mincey and Goldencock.

Then hope Cowboys pick up either Sheldon Rankins or Javon Hargrave.

That Vernon contract is absurd though.

Fantomex

he said the hot dogs are a good selling point!

#progress

1v4Hae.gif

How do yall feel knowing the 9ers are going to be garbage next year? how long until yall start feeling sorry for us real 9er fans?.....(not including the annoying ones)

Blaine fookin Gabbert. :/

Afrikan

Not sure why people are tripping on Denver. Everything is incumbent on if their defense stays at the relatively close to last year. Their offense was putrid and they won the SB so a big upgrade is not needed at QB. If Brock is for real then it's a mistake but Elway has cache to give no fucks now.

I hate when people say this shit but... Mark My Words.. with Kaepernick, Denver will be better.... Kap is great in the playoffs with good coaching and a semi good Oline. It was NOT all our defense those years, Kap and the offense stepped up in those games when our defense got torched.

Fantomex

I have to agree with you partially filthy pats fan. Elway has cache. I mean think about it, he signed Peyton when everyone questioned if he could still put a season together, and he went on to throw 50 touchdowns. If a dude like Elway thinks Brock was too much money, I would take his word for it. Dude is a Hall of Fame QB.

This

@AlbertBreer
The Eagles will be giving new QB Chase Daniel every chance to wrest the starting job from Sam Bradford, per source. Not signed as a backup.

#Pray4Pepiope

Wait, misspelled the campaign. #Laugh@Pepiope There we go

Sean Smith would be ok I guess...but secondary wasn't our issue last year... we even had depth already. It was the fucking lack of a pass rush.

and overcourse the fact that we couldn't fucking block anyone.... and now we loose Boone for pennies to the Vikings... WTF? the Oline got WORSE! and we FUCKING TENDER FUCKING JORDAN FUCKING DEVEY??? WHAT IN THE MOTHING FCUKING FUCK????

on paper they got worse i guess? boone was pretty bad last year. he only seemed good because of the garbage around him. i think the coaching staff will determine if our line improves or not because our coaching last year was awful. i have confidence that chip will do what he needs to do to improve the line.

as for pass rush.... uhhhhhh, yeah. lets hope eli harold stops playing like he weighs 150 pounds and some of our other guys can step up.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 3m3 minutes ago
FYI: #Giants still have plenty of salary cap space remaining. Expect more moves.
21 retweets 15 likes

Jerry be like...

giphy.gif

EDIT:

Eventually, the full details of the mammoth deal signed by new Giants defensive end Olivier Vernon will emerge. For now, there’s one detail that matters most. Vernon gets $40 million fully guaranteed at signing.

The deal pays out $29 million in the first year, $41 million through two years, and $54 million through three.

That's insanity at face value.:jnc Though I'm very curious to see what the cap hit is each year and when he would be cuttable. If it's a two year 40 million dollar deal and he's cuttable at that point? It's a lot to pay out for a "guess" that he'll be the player you want but it would have very little in the way of cap implications at that point past the 40 million.

Hey at least you guys beat us in week 1!

@AlbertBreer
The Eagles will be giving new QB Chase Daniel every chance to wrest the starting job from Sam Bradford, per source. Not signed as a backup.

#Pray4Pepiope

Wait, misspelled the campaign. #Laugh@Pepiope There we go
Some guy on Mark Malones show was saying expect Chase yo be the starter day one. I don't get this at all.

Euron

Lead us into battle toward victory, Jerry. We need a team that can defeat the evil empire once more now that the Broncos have been broken up.

Though at the same time I feel Odell is definitely Kylo Ren.

Brinbe

I don't think the Daniel signing is that bad if you consider Bradford somewhat of a risk and having a good backup to mitigate risk in the future. Money might be a bit much, but really I doubt he's the difference between us getting a guy we want and not. It's not that bad.

squicken

Why sign Bradford if Chase Daniel has a chance to win the job out of camp? How can you pay Bradford $22 million to sit on the bench?

Beat guys say that is just typical coachspeak "everyone competes for their job". They said the same thing about Sanchez last year, and he took no reps in the preseason with the starters. OTAs will tell the tale as far as how they split the reps

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I saw that some Lions fans were concerned about the contract given to Marvin Harrison, same with Falcons fans and Mohammed Sanu. MLive writers did a good job breaking down some of these contracts.

Context needed before criticizing Lions for Marvin Jones' reported contract

Based on a initial glance at fan reactions, there appears to be some hand-wringing over the size of the deal. But let's consider some context here before cursing the Lions for overspending.

First, in the past four years, the salary cap has jumped from $123 million to $155.27 million. That's a 26 percent increase. Logically, that means player salaries have increased at the same rate.

But the increase has been even sharper for veterans following the introduction of a rookie salary scale in 2011, which has significantly limited the earning power of first-round draft picks.

In 2010, No. 1 pick Sam Bradford signed a six-year $78 million contract with $50 million guaranteed. Jameis Winston, last year's top choice, got a four-year pact at $25.4 million.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...t_when_reactin.html#incart_river_mobile_index

squicken

Fleener and Allen contracts are nuts. Gronk needs to get a new deal. He should hold out or open a business down the street in Foxboro where the Pats can funnel him money

Fitts

Happy that Pacman is stuck in Cinci. Was worried that we may make a desperation play for him if our other option
s
didn't work out.

Gipson to Jax kinda sucks. He was a viable option.

Chase's deal is $36 million according to Adam Caplan, if he meets all the incentives. Bradford's deal is $35 million total, with all incentives.

Bradford's is for 2 years and Chase's 3 but still you don't often see the backup get more then the starter.

squicken

Chase's deal is $36 million according to Adam Caplan, if he meets all the incentives. Bradford's deal is $35 million total, with all incentives.

Bradford's is for 2 years and Chase's 3 but still you don't often see the backup get more then the starter.

We'll see what the structure is. Daniel only has $12m guaranteed while Bradford has $22m. To me, Chase is a good insurance policy behind a starter who is injury prone. I doubt they had a press conference for Bradford if he was really going to be competing for the job in camp

Top Bottom