• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 to have taxi driving segments and animal hunting

Anarchy Reigns receiving a Western release is one reason to have faith in this coming over. I know a lot of people are upset about when that's going to be released, but at one time it was believed that Sega US and Sega Europe were only going to release Sonic, Aliens, Total War and Football Manager games through retail. So, at the very least they're still open to releasing other games.

gogogow

Anarchy Reigns receiving a Western release is one reason to have faith in this coming over. I know a lot of people are upset about when that's going to be released, but at one time it was believed that Sega US and Sega Europe were only going to release Sonic, Aliens, Total War and Football Manager games through retail. So, at the very least they're still open to releasing other games.

I think Anarchy Reigns was always gonna get a Western release though. All the lip synching are done with English voices in mind, that's why the Japanese voices are out of sync and at the end of the day it's "just" a brawler. And most of the localization are probably already done. With Yakuza 5, especially Haruka's part, with quizes, talk shows, magazine interviews, I just don't know man. If the game gets a Western release, huge chunks of Haruka's part will probably be cut. I hope not of course, but I don't expect to play this game in English (anytime soon).

With Yakuza 5, especially Haruka's part, with quizes, talk shows, magazine interviews, I just don't know man. If the game gets a Western release, huge chunks of Haruka's part will probably be cut. I hope not of course, but I don't expect to play this game in English (anytime soon).

I really can't see them cutting that stuff. Haruka's a popular character, so they'd receive a lot of backlash if they cut her stuff.

joULH.jpg

bHbxP.jpg

T3LOg.jpg

dHkns.jpg

jVjHS.jpg

Z4gUy.jpg

qRifs.jpg

eYjcg.jpg

JucVU.jpg

CUyVM.jpg

IZk50.jpg

cfWgI.jpg

7i07C.jpg

VcVBS.jpg

d8D40.jpg

XV0bu.jpg

JvTY6.jpg

CQy9c.jpg

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/five/

sigh... I really did wish Haruka wouldn't have gone the idol route. Seems way too... easy? I always do seem to forget that all japanese devs are perverts at heart ;)

So you do play as her? Can she fight, or will she have some shitty stealth sequences?

s

So you do play as her? Can she fight, or will she have some shitty stealth sequences?

She's one of the 5 playable characters. Nagoshi has said that she will have a battle element, but that haven't talked about what it'll be. One thing that they have confirmed about the combat is that she isn't going to be getting into random street fights like the other characters.

Herla

I really hope Haruka gets to fight.
I'm not saying she should bash faces into walls, but a little bit of self defense against zealous fans/perverts might be fun.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I really hope Haruka gets to fight.
I'm not saying she should bash faces into walls, but a little bit of self defense against zealous fans/perverts might be fun.
I want to see her take a microphone and smash a guy's head in. If her fighting segments are mostly defensive/evasive, I'll be a bit disappointed.

Herla

I want to see her take a microphone and smash a guy's head in. If her fighting segments are mostly defensive/evasive, I'll be a bit disappointed.

I was thinking more of a cross between aikido and repeatedly kicking someone in the nuts, but if she manages to channel her own inner Kazuma who am I to complain?
Either way, it has to be hilarious.

DJIzana

Nice with the Crazy Taxi mini game, I like it! I hope they add a lot of that stuff in the next one because I love that kind of thing in the other Yakuza games.

So far, the game is shaping up to be an amazing one!

Her mother was a manager of a bar and her father was a politician, so no, not really.

ahhh.

Didn't they say they were building a new engine for this game or something? Heard talk of drastically improving load times and performance and what not.

Just give me AA, and revamp kazuma's moves and animations already. Been doing pretty much the stuff since 1.

LiK

Some dudes here want more violence and fear an idol simulator. Are you the same guys who didn't like the Hostess stuff too?

Endo Punk

I would give up The Last of Us and Assassins Creed III to be able to get my hands on this at Xmas. It would be so good if localization is secretly being worked on simultaneously.

Please SEGA!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Quick random somewhat off-topic question... is it worth jumping into Yakuza 4 if you have little/no experience with the series? I've played the first one but didn't get around to grabbing the second one, then I didn't bother with the PS3 games because I missed out on 2.

Having never owned a PS2 myself, I jumped into Y3 even though I knew nothing apart from a lot of content being cut for localization. I did take the time to enjoy the 'catch up' recaps included on the disc and still found Y3 very enjoyable all the way to the end of the game. I did buy Y4 on release week but was then flooded with games not long after and still to this day not finished the first characters story. I will, in good time but it won't stop me from purchasing Y5 on release if just to help keep the series alive for us Westerners. =)

In short, I would take the time to play Y3 before Y4 since you have a current system and both games are here, now.

Gacha-pin

Some dudes here want more violence and fear an idol simulator. Are you the same guys who didn't like the Hostess stuff too?

I don't need more violence in this game but I don't like the idea that she wants to be an idol (what I got from the ss above, she's already an idol though).

I've only maxed out one hostess in Yakuza 1 and never touched that mini game after that. But I don't mind the game has that mini game.

I was so bad at that mini game. I'd still give it a try though. :lol

I honestly hope the martial arts training game comes back too. I was hooked on that.

I hope the taxi and survival aren't just heavily guided mini games.

God I loved training kids with Saejima, i don't know why. Now I want to play Tokyo Crazy Taxi with Kiryu

Yuterald

These pictures are killing me...ugh, I should probably stop looking at new media for this game because I'm probably only going to be disappointed in the end when everyone (including Sega) passes on localization. :(

^ Karaoke would be fine if the timing bar that wasn't separated into 3 lines, unlike other rhythm games that usually have 1 straight line.

bro sometimes you need a little bit of kawaii desu ne~ between many tears and fists towards the sky and fighting tigers and shit

I don't mind Haruka's shenanigans, but if it's as fucking horrid as the mandatory hostess stuff in Yakuza 4 then bleh

rvy

Banned
bro sometimes you need a little bit of kawaii desu ne~ between many tears and fists towards the sky and fighting tigers and shit

So, you're saying that we must "~~~~uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" before beating up guys dressed with teddy bear sweats? I don't like it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I thought I wouldn't touch the hostess content in 4 but ended up having with it anyway... My fear with the idol content is that it will end up cut or will serve as a justificiation for not bringing the game out of Japan. I need my Yakuza games.

IrishNinja

I don't mind Haruka's shenanigans, but if it's as fucking horrid as the mandatory hostess stuff in Yakuza 4 then bleh

oh, it got tiresome when i was going for my plat, but wasn't the in-game stuff on the short side? i know yahtzee made it sound like it went on forever, but despite beating it 3x, i forget. maybe years of JRPG grinding and shit make me repress these experiences faster.

So, you're saying that we must "~~~~uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" before beating up guys dressed with teddy bear sweats? I don't like it.

kukuku yeah basically, but i think the mix is pretty sold this time - play a rhythm game, then go hunting and crazy taxi. plus that stuff made Akiyama more a pimp and less "bitch betta have my money" fulltime debt collector.

I thought I wouldn't touch the hostess content in 4 but ended up having with it anyway... My fear with the idol content is that it will end up cut or will serve as a justificiation for not bringing the game out of Japan. I need my Yakuza games.

i only know of idol games because they're apparently why i never read Berserk on time, but...is there a reason they typically don't make it over? is shit with little girls risque or is it just a genre assumed to bomb here? cause it'd be weird to blame an entire game on a small mini-game like that.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
HEY HEY COME ON OVER HAVE SOME FUN WITH KIRRRRRRRRYU TAXI!!!

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Top Bottom