• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3) out NOW NOW in USA and OH CANADA YOU HAVE IT TOO

BuddyC

NotMSRP said:
For a physical copy. What else for? What happens when the hard drive fails? Where's the ownership?
On your PlayStation Account, which allows you to redownload a title countless times on up to five different PlayStation 3s, should you need to.

NotMSRP

That's a nice thing to know. And if something happens to your PS account? A scenario where you're without internet?
They only need to press a few physical copies as demanded. I have no interest in digital only purchases. Physical copies must also be provided.

BuddyC

NotMSRP said:
That's a nice thing to know. And if something happens to your PS account? A scenario where you're without internet?
They only need to press a few physical copies as demanded. I have no interest in digital only purchases. Physical copies must also be provided.
That's where your four back-up PlayStation 3s, already loaded with all of your digital purchases as a precaution, come into play ;)

Seriously though, a physical copy would require a fair amount of additional work, especially since it couldn't install onto the hard drive. If it could, then folks would just pass that disc around instead of actually buying the game. And forget about any type of verification or security, such as tying it to your PlayStation Account and activating it online -- that all goes out the door in the event of your no-internet scenario.

manji

MarkMan said:
That's everyone!

NOW someone please change my Member Title to >> "Tekken Defense Captain" :)

Shweet, this is *very* helpful!
(although I think you can use the PSP DR as a guide as well...pro'lly old news).

Thanks MM
-Synner

NotMSRP

Are you going to give me multiple PS3s?
$4.99 is about the maximum for a digital download; this includes the product plus expansions. Anymore requires a physical copy for me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The thread title is fine for now, I think... at least until it gets released for other regions(US).

But any mod that can, feel free to hook me up with that snazzy title... =)

Also if anyone wants to discuss Tekken, post up!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
O how i love Asuka!!

i need to freshen up again with her..There might be a lil tourney @ this spot i kcik it @ so i have to prepare!

img.php

BuddyC

gutter_trash said:
i much Enlish, Japanese txt is in the game? i mean like Practice mode, and menus and stuff and is there an English toggle?
I posted this on the last page, but it kinda got lost in the shuffle.
BuddyC said:
:lol

No quest mode beyond fighting through Arcade Mode, Ghost Battle, or Vs. No Practice Mode, no Tekken Bowling.

You can buy items to customize your characters though, but it's text-only, no visual examples like the PSP version. And since the text there isn't in English, you'll have a hard time knowing exactly what you're doing without a lot of trial and error unless you read ...I think it's Japanese? (Edit: MarkMan's pictures help with this.)

That's the only real language barrier you'll face though. Everything else is either in English or easily understandable, such as the Command List. Though again in a foreign language, the button movements are easy to pick up on.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I always thought this was coming in the US on Jan 18th. I think that was the date I read.

lol @ paul's twizzler hair.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

But each profile on your PS3 has it's own game save for T5DR.

You can "import" your character data to other profiles by copying them manually into another profile.

Then while in VERSUS MODE... you can use your customizations. Hit L1 to enable it.

Dazzyman said:
24.jpg

Best place for her :lol
Hey Daz, can you do me a favor and resize that one? I'd like to use that pic on my blog. And yes, I'll give you the proper credit for your work there. :D
I have a "Kneel before Zod" reference ready to go. :D

manji

MarkMan said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

But each profile on your PS3 has it's own game save for T5DR.

You can "import" your character data to other profiles by copying them manually into another profile.

Then while in VERSUS MODE... you can use your customizations. Hit L1 to enable it.

Yah, a buddy already brought his profile over on a pro duo, copied it onto my HDD, and loaded up his customized characters for vs games...pretty frackin' snazzy.

Baek's cat and Paul's dog definitely take the cake so far for funniest items.

I've found some sick combos with Roger Jr., and haven't checked Zaibatsu yet to see what everyone else has found out (I think my old TTT guide might still be there as well).

Controllers cutting out mid-match is pretty much my only complaint so far...sucks to break someone's flow like that.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The PSP version if you just try to copy save from PSP to PSP, it doesn't work. :/

But I'm sure there might be ways around it? I never bothered with it... I just used it as a practice mode...

Matt_C

The payment just cleared through my bank so MarkMan's method legitimately works despite using a Hong Kong address.

Now I am waiting for my Elecom USB adapters.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm waiting for my adapters too... just had someone in Japan get them for me...

I'm not sure if anyone is still trying, but it seems the HK Network is blocking US cards now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got the Elecom ones...

The Pelican ones won't be coming out anytime soon... They've been delayed for 1-2 months... at least that's what a friend of mine that works for Pelican told me.

Miburou

I found the elecom ones; there were like 4 different models (one had two PS1/PS2 ports and one USB). I didn't know which ones work with the PS3 and which ones might not, so I'm gonna have to go there again.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've been playing way the hell too much ghost battle. my kazuya looks like shinmen munisai from vagabond...in a purple tux. ROCK

the exclusion of a practice mode is kind of baffling. i'll have to find my copy of tekken 5 ps2, i guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I love this game so much I'm going to make a case for it... even though there is no disc lol.

Sooo anyone wanna pshop one up for me? :)

Elhandro

Has anyone else had problems with this. I followed the first four steps but when it goes to verify my credit card info it always says its incorrect. Also when i go to change the billing address, it does not let me change city or region. so i can not input the correct billing info for my credit card. how did everyone else get around this.

Please Gaf i Need you.

El (LTTMFP)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
gutter_trash: No problem...

I should be getting the Elecom convertors in today or tomorrow and I will post my full testing/analysis.

--

I've been playing this game on and off when I have free time... it takes forever to level up your characters... but at least you earn a lot of $G along the way....

I for one, have fun customizing my characters lol.

Oh and, I'm not sure if anyone knows yet/or even cares... but T5: DR is going to be featured again this year at Tougeki 2007/Super Battle Opera.

Tougeki/SBO is the 'big show' of arcade fighting game tournaments in Japan.

Check it out... www.tougeki.com !

Later on this month in Japan, Saitama Popy arcade is going to have a HUGE 5 vs 5 team tournament with just about 70 teams! That's 350 people! There is a team of 5 people coming all the way from Korea. It should be very exciting.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Elhandro said:
Has anyone else had problems with this. I followed the first four steps but when it goes to verify my credit card info it always says its incorrect. Also when i go to change the billing address, it does not let me change city or region. so i can not input the correct billing info for my credit card. how did everyone else get around this.

Please Gaf i Need you.

El (LTTMFP)

Sorry to say... the party is over :(

The HK PS Network is now blocking US cards(Not sure about other regions, but I'm betting that all non HK cards are being blocked). Best bet is to try and get it via game share off of someone.

Top Bottom