• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

Justin

I was in the beta last year but haven played since December. Is my account still flagged for beta access or are they in the pre-order only phase now? I'm getting a "no realms available" error.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was in the beta last year but haven played since December. Is my account still flagged for beta access or are they in the pre-order only phase now? I'm getting a "no realms available" error.
Yup if you didnt have a 32 character you have to go pre order to play

You'll have to get a beta key from one of the many sites out there, or pre-order.

Won

Decided to grab a key and give this a try. Got more or less what I expected. Skill system looks interesting, combat is kinda fun and the art is neat for the most part.

But man, I'm not gonna drag my ass through another theme park. I would have been all over this a few years ago, but today I'll probably pass. :/

Pat

This is what I asked earlier in-game chat:

jsj3.jpg

Question: What the hell is that? It's around my character since lvl 4 and it annoys me.

I can't see your link, but i assume it's the hologram stuff? That's the Wildstar equivalent of a guild tabard. To turn it off hit P to go to your character menu, go to the title tab, and at the bottom you'll see display options. If that doesn't fix it (it can be bugged) ask someone to invite you to the NeoGAF circle and in that same title menu you should be able to change it from neogaf guild to neogaf circle.

The beta weekend has been extended:
Hey everyone,

As thanks for being so patient with us today as we sorted through a number of big issues, we'll be extending this beta weekend until Monday, April 21st at 11:59PM PDT.

We'll continue to monitor and fix issues throughout the weekend, but we wanted to give you plenty of heads up so you can cancel all your Monday plans and stick around for more WildStar. Have a great weekend!

Pat

I can't see your link, but i assume it's the hologram stuff? That's the Wildstar equivalent of a guild tabard. To turn it off hit P to go to your character menu, go to the title tab, and at the bottom you'll see display options. If that doesn't fix it (it can be bugged) ask someone to invite you to the NeoGAF circle and in that same title menu you should be able to change it from neogaf guild to neogaf circle.

The beta weekend has been extended:

You're right, it's the Personnal/Guild Holomark. Looks like it's bugged though, because I deactivated each side and only one has disappeared.

It's ugly as hell.

You're right, it's the Personnal/Guild Holomark. Looks like it's bugged though, because I deactivated each side and only one has disappeared.

It's ugly as hell.

I am not good at designing stuff. I think there's ways to change how it shows up and the design and such... but i'm not the best person to choose for that. Whoever runs the release guild can make something nicer looking. The workaround for the moment is setting it so you represent a circle (has no emblem) rather than a guild.

Jarnet87

Started a medic and played to level 6. I'm definitely leaning more towards Dominion. Probably gonna play a bit more on the medic, or may just try an engineer next time. The settler path seems pretty boring at least early on, it's just setting up a little thing at each outpost in a zone. the stone race looks like they move so slow, I tend to avoid those races.

Pat

I am not good at designing stuff. I think there's ways to change how it shows up and the design and such... but i'm not the best person to choose for that. Whoever runs the release guild can make something nicer looking. The workaround for the moment is setting it so you represent a circle (has no emblem) rather than a guild.

Oh I'm not speaking about the actual design of the emblem lol, but the idea of holograms around you.

Teggy

Am I missing something about the graphics settings? I have everything on max but it doesn't look nearly as good as what I saw at PAX. Like the lighting effects are turned off?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Level 9 after a few hours of playing. So far it's been a pretty standard MMO with better mechanics, but I expect it to really open up once I get to the Capital City and PVP is available.

And, of course, once I can build a house.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Enjoying it so far after a few hours. I think i'm level 8 / 9, went with a medic as my role in the WoW days was a healer. For some reason I just keep gravitating towards it in MMOs.

There's a lot of stuff going on in the game and it's honestly all fucking confusing. I have no idea what half the stuff is, The buggy nature of the beta doesn't help much either but it's a beta so it's forgiveable.

I'm a short character that didn't seem to have a male or female option.

TheYanger

Level 9 after a few hours of playing. So far it's been a pretty standard MMO with better mechanics, but I expect it to really open up once I get to the Capital City and PVP is available.

And, of course, once I can build a house.

If you're 9, pvp is already available :)

Enjoying it so far after a few hours. I think i'm level 8 / 9, went with a medic as my role in the WoW days was a healer. For some reason I just keep gravitating towards it in MMOs.

There's a lot of stuff going on in the game and it's honestly all fucking confusing. I have no idea what half the stuff is, The buggy nature of the beta doesn't help much either but it's a beta so it's forgiveable.

Whats latency like evlcookie? Was excited to check it out till I heard there was no Oceanic server.

Hzoltan69

Tried this yesterday. An hour or so was enough. It would probably be wise to play a little more to judge properly, but to me the whole structure, presentation and mechanics feels really outdated. Maybe 5-6 years ago it could have been a thing, but I don't believe it will be able to keep a large enough subscriber base in 2014-2015 to remain profitable... Then again, I felt the same thing when I tried WoW two years ago, and it is still going strong (relatively).

Just about to fire this up, what realm is the GAF server on and who do i message ingame to get an invite?

We're on the Nexus server on the Exile side. I'll hop on, message Seja for a guild invite.

Am I missing something about the graphics settings? I have everything on max but it doesn't look nearly as good as what I saw at PAX. Like the lighting effects are turned off?

Any chance you can take a screenshot? That way we can see if it's just the zone, or if something is going wrong with your settings.

I can clear stuff up for you if you have any specific questions. Yup, the Chua are a insane gerbil people who have no concept of gender. The lore says that only other Chua have any idea what makes a male or female a male or female.

Teggy

Any chance you can take a screenshot? That way we can see if it's just the zone, or if something is going wrong with your settings.

Looks like today's build fixed things, at least somewhat. As I loaded up, I actually saw the lighting kick on. I guess this is how it is supposed to look? I still think that the demos I saw at PAX were more bright and "bloomy", but I could be remembering wrong.

Looks like today's build fixed things, at least somewhat. As I loaded up, I actually saw the lighting kick on. I guess this is how it is supposed to look? I still think that the demos I saw at PAX were more bright and "bloomy", but I could be remembering wrong.

I think that area has more diffused lighting. There are definitely some more bright and bloomy areas, that area is kinda muted and overcast-y. If you want to see some of the different lighting, go to your house once you get one and edit the skybox type. There's a lot of environment types.

Went ahead and finally picked up the deluxe edition.

Looking forward to playing and experimenting with class/path combinations (and finding one I really like).

how am i suppose to release these singed critters. don't see any critters. inventory shows the quest item. unsure what i'm doing. i'm at the location where it told me to go.

edit;

random click the quest log and they released lol.

Leveling a warrior so far has been pretty good! The class is definitely a lot more diverse than I expected.

Currently on Nexus realm by the way. If there's anyone on to invite to the guild my warrior's name is Fiammetta.

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you I was at work. I'm on now for about an hour if you're around. My character name is Marron.

Sorry, only just been able to get on now, name is Astraer if you can send me an invite.

Leveling a warrior so far has been pretty good! The class is definitely a lot more diverse than I expected.

Currently on Nexus realm by the way. If there's anyone on to invite to the guild my warrior's name is Fiammetta.

Sorry guys wasn't around. I'll keep a lookout on this thread, just post when you're online and i'll toss an invite.

Top Bottom