• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timedog Alert! A better way to reheat leftover pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I just ate microwaved pizza leftovers. SECONDS TOO LATE.

Edit: Did a bunch of GAFers join Reddit or vice versa? Everyone's comparing GAF to it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I have been stove top reheating pizza (when I am not lazy) for years. far superior to any other reheating method.

We discovered a few years ago when we were camping. We had gone to pizza the night before on our way up and had some leftover in the ice chest. All we had was a whisper light, a pan and a wind/heat shield.

It is now a camping tradition that we pack a whole pizza with us, we don't even it the first time. The whole thing is committed to leftovers.

Homeboyd

I just throw it in the oven.
You people are nuts.
Seriously.. it only takes 5-10 min depending on if preheated or not. If you have more than 2-3 pieces, you'll spend longer trying this stove top method than putting it all in the oven at the same time since you can only work a couple at a time.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ordered pizza for dinner tonight, gonna give this a whirl tomorrow. I cannot believe I never thought to try this. The more you know n shit...

Potatoes on pizza? What madness is this?

It's godly.
drDAm.jpg

Mudkips

Banned
toaster oven

This is the only way.
And the dude isn't even storing his pizza properly. He left it on the cardboard/paper it came in, in the position it came in, letting it get soggy. You have to rotate that shit (or transfer it to a fresh plate / box) after it hits room temperature and before you put it in the fridge.
If you let it cool on the box in one position, it'll get stuck to the box. if you have paper, the water will go through the paper to the box but the oil will float on the paper, making the pizza soggy.

Log4Girlz

When I order a steaming hot pizza I put it on the dining room table so it can cool the fuck down to room temperature and then devour it like a real man.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I was totally excited, then it turns out this dude does exactly what I'm already have been doing :|. It takes forever to heat my oven so I always did this with or without foil.

srenity

Neo Member
I have yet to try it because we never have leftover pizza at my house, haha.

You guys should check out his other videos (I check his blog quite often too). He makes cooking complicated things so simple!

Zaptruder

Banned
This is actually the best way of cooking pizza.

There should be a pizza shop that just does this. Makes pizza, puts it in a fridge, then reheats it on the pan the next evening before immediately serving to customers.

Wanace

I've done this because I don't own a microwave or an oven of any sort.

I still prefer a toaster oven, because when you do this, you MUST have a clean piece of pizza with not a shitload of cheese or toppings dripping off the side, or else you end up with a burnt cheese mess on your pan. Unless you put foil or parchment paper down first, in which case, you probably won't be reheating your pizza on a frying pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom