• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timedog Alert! A better way to reheat leftover pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying this right now....will post results.

edit: so it worked. Warmed it through out, not too hot, crispy bottom. Wished the cheese was a little more gooey though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Because it doesn't ruin it.

It transmutes it into perfectly crisp hot pizza.

It's less like reheating and more like turning back the clock as if it had never gotten cold in the first place.

But morning pizza > fresh pizza.

DJ_Tet

Banned
I tried this with Chicken Florentine pizza and it worked perfectly. Never imagined the tomatoes coming back to life like that, it's fantastic.

johnsmith

remember me
I just tried it for breakfast today and it was fantastic! The pizza i get from this local chain http://www.thepie.com/ has obscene a mounts of cheese on it. I usually microwave the leftovers and it ends up floppy and soggy as hell. Tried the frying pan method and it was so good. The bread was delicious and crispy just like the video described.

Try it!

I've been doing the reheating in a pan things for a while now. I am ahead of the curve!! hehe. Or not.

But really, it makes it crispy at the bottom and good again. And dare I say, it makes cheap chain pizza better, with the crisper bottom. I love reheated costco pizza in a pan. Lately, my local costco has been making it with a softer crust.

I hate cold pizza, but my GF loves it. Weird.

I thought it would be a revolutionary or insane way to reheat your pizza, but it's just in a pan with some cover on it?

Who didn't know that? It's not exactly a revelation or rocket science....

Anyway, I just as much enjoy leftover pizza cold, so whatever.

Al-ibn Kermit

Because it doesn't ruin it.

It transmutes it into perfectly crisp hot pizza.

It's less like reheating and more like turning back the clock as if it had never gotten cold in the first place.
Some pizzas that have lots of stuff on them like deep dish pizzas actually taste better cold at home than when you get it at the restaurant. It just so happens that this method wouldn't work with deep dish pizzas anyways.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
No it isn't and if you put Pizza in the microwave you might as well throw it in the trash.

I don't put it in the microwave. I eat it cold. The way it should be.

Cold pizza is a completely different experience when compared to fresh pizza. If I want hot pizza, I'll just order another one. Leftover pizza is meant to be consumed cold.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What makes cold pizza not make sense is the grease. Everyone knows grease tastes better liquidified.

Septimius

I recently tried using my microwave to reheat pizza. I even tried the fancy pizza-reheating program that's standard on the microwave. Shit was gross.

I'll try this next time.

Ebris

I didn't have a skillet lid, so I improvised: 45 seconds in the micro to make the cheese, sauce and ingredients hot and gooey, then the skillet for the crust.

Came out better tasting than it was when it was first delivered. This shit makes me wanna eat pizza every day now HNNNNNGHG.

Strike

tumblr_lxtma9aecD1qfmplv.png

Tried it. I'm doing this from now on. More people have to know about this.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You tell'em, breh! These cold pizza weirdos probably eat their ice cream liquified. They got their shit all crossed up.

I mean, i've certainly eaten cold pizza cause i'm lazy as fuck, but it's not better than heating it up (correctly) and having near-fresh za in your mouth again. Get in my mouth za. Don't be an asshole and just get in my damn mouth right now.

ElRenoRaven

You know I keep meaning to try this but I never have leftover Pizza. lol

Pizza is my one true weakness. I could eat that shit day and night for life and never get tired of it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You know I keep meaning to try this but I never have leftover Pizza. lol

Pizza is my one true weakness. I could eat that shit day and night for life and never get tired of it.

For awhile pizza was my ONLY food. NO OTHER FOOD OTHER THAN BEVERAGES.

Once I get a bamboo pizza peel in a few days, I might go back to pizza only diet.

Dreavus

I did this a few weeks ago, and it is delicious. Fuck the microwave. It turns pizza into a soggy and steaming mess that's usually too hot to eat right away anyways. So much for instant gratification.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
bamboo pizza peel...?

Well, I make my own delicious homemade pizza. And I finally got a pizza stone, but I got an aluminum peel. You need a peel because the pizza stone heats up with the oven, you can't just make the pizza on the stone then put the stone+pizza into the hot oven together. The aluminum peel is good for getting the pizza out of the oven after it's done because it's thin and can get underneath the pizza, but bad for putting it into the oven and onto the stone, because the dough sticks to the metal. So now I need to get a 2nd peel, a bamboo one, where the dough won't stick as much, for putting it into the oven, then use the aluminum peel for taking it out of the oven.

mr stroke

I didn't have a skillet lid, so I improvised: 45 seconds in the micro to make the cheese, sauce and ingredients hot and gooey, then the skillet for the crust.

Came out better tasting than it was when it was first delivered. This shit makes me wanna eat pizza every day now HNNNNNGHG.

+1

Tried this the other night and pan+nuke is my favorite way

Microwave for 45 sec

then Pan for 3-5 mins

perfectly melted cheese and crust comes out crispy

Seanspeed

Banned
Toaster oven on toast setting

I was actually super excited when I first discovered this method.

I started out doing what everybody I know does - sticking it in the microwave.

Then my ex-g/f showed me the wonderous method of sticking it in the oven. Takes a little while, but its worth it unless you're dying of starvation.

But once I discovered that I can make good quesadillas in the toaster oven, using the toast setting, I knew that it would probably be awesome for reheating pizza, too, and much quicker than using the oven.

This pan method sounds great and I'll be sure to do it once in a while, but overall, I dont think I'm gonna be happy about breaking out aluminum foil and cleaning a pan just to reheat some pizza. Guess I'll have to try it out first before deciding how worth it it is. And yea, cant believe I haven't thought of this, either.

Well, I make my own delicious homemade pizza. And I finally got a pizza stone, but I got an aluminum peel. You need a peel because the pizza stone heats up with the oven, you can't just make the pizza on the stone then put the stone+pizza into the hot oven together. The aluminum peel is good for getting the pizza out of the oven after it's done because it's thin and can get underneath the pizza, but bad for putting it into the oven and onto the stone, because the dough sticks to the metal. So now I need to get a 2nd peel, a bamboo one, where the dough won't stick as much, for putting it into the oven, then use the aluminum peel for taking it out of the oven.

That is really cool, I'm gonna invest in a pizza stone, I love making pizza, I've been making a pesto one alot, it's really healthy and inexpensive, do you make your own dough?

Seanspeed

Banned
This pan method sounds great and I'll be sure to do it once in a while, but overall, I dont think I'm gonna be happy about breaking out aluminum foil and cleaning a pan just to reheat some pizza. Guess I'll have to try it out first before deciding how worth it it is. And yea, cant believe I haven't thought of this, either.

Ok, tried it out last week. It really does work incredibly good. IF....you like crispy crust bottom. Which I do. If you're a fan of a softer, fold-it-up style of crust, it might be a little too crunchy for ya.

Its easy to burn the bottom if you're not careful and unless you've got a huge pan(or small pizza slices), its hard to heat more than one piece of pizza at the same time. Aside from having to use foil and clean a pan, these are the only negatives.

I'll definitely be doing this more in the future, but I wont be neglecting my toaster oven, either.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That is really cool, I'm gonna invest in a pizza stone, I love making pizza, I've been making a pesto one alot, it's really healthy and inexpensive, do you make your own dough?

I got two peels now, this for putting the pizza onto the stone (pizza stone is a must):

41NubuYTeNL._SS400_.jpg

and this for taking it out:

4797329_f260.jpg

The system works fucking beautifully.

And yeah, I make my own dough, sauce, use fresh toppings cut myself, and cultivate my own yeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom