• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren schools Donald J. Trump's education pick during confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

Warren did amazing. Proud to have some amazing people in the senate like her. But the embarrassment means nothing when she'll just get pushed through anyway. :( Congress is disgusting.

studyguy

Saw it earlier, the answer to any personal experience with federal loans for school was basically 'I have poorer friends'

Apdiddy

Never underestimate the Youtube comments. Half of them call Warren "Pocahontas" because Herr Trump did so and completely ignore anything Warren was asking DeVos.

I thought they wanted to "make America great again."

Gutek

Never underestimate the Youtube comments. Half of them call Warren "Pocahontas" because Herr Trump did so and completely ignore anything Warren was asking DeVos.

I thought they wanted to "make America great again."

Don't kid yourself. They just want liberal tears. That's all they really want.

Watching DeVos unable to guarantee education protection to Hassan was heartbreaking, considering Hassan has a child with special education needs.

Exile20

Saw this on FB

Unqualified. She didn't know IDEA is a federal program - parents of children with disabilities should be worried. She didn't understand nor could she explain the difference between proficiency and growth. Her answer on guns in school was laughable at best. She didn't know what a Pell Grant was. I could go on and on.

What an embarrassment...
D6l8fu1.gif

Meowster

Choosing her is quite telling of how Republicans value education.

(hint: they don't unless it is their own children)

paskowitz

I swear to God if the Dems don't harp on cabinet picks as a critical part of the electoral process in 2020... I mean, I can't remember one period of time where it was a front and center issue in 2016.

DeVos has been destroyed by almost everyone.

-So she'll get the nomination because Democrats are "Bullying Her" even though she won't even commit to more funding for anti-bullying and anti-harassment initiatives in schools.

Strike

Don't think it will amount to much, but it's better than just rolling over. Keep them on their toes. Especially when the bottom falls out.

Yup, DeVOS has been dropped by everyone, humiliated at times.

But she gets to keep on dodging with those canned lines that don't say anything. If only she really had to expose her views, but she gets to tow the line. Fuck Republicans for allowing this to happen, but they believe the same thing about getting rid of public schools. They will put the devil in power to do it.

Yall should watch that video about sexual assault, it was infuriating.

Aselith

Sadly it doesn't matter. DeVos will get confirmed by blind Republican votes.

I still think it's important to get all this in the record so that when the next elections roll around you can pin all of these poor picks to Trump to demonstrate how badly he mismanaged the government.

If he makes it to the next election of course :p

I still think it's important to get all this in the record so that when the next elections roll around you can pin all of these poor picks to Drumpf to demonstrate how badly he mismanaged the government.

If he makes it to the next election of course :p

Yes.

Every piece of information, everything said needs to be recorded and spread.

cwmartin

Why is that dude next to her giving her Goebbels eyes though? Is he a Republican?

Senator Chris Murphy (D) from my home state. He just has a doofy looking face. She had the gall to say that guns may have a place in schools to a congressman from fucking Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom