• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoulCalibur V Aeon (Lizardman), Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, newcomer Sheba revealed

Haunted

Is Aeon just his Japanese name or did they give a name to Lizardman? (Blasphemy!)

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Sheba?

Poster_of-the_Movie_Queen_of_Sheba.jpg
Sheba.

large__XK199.jpg

· Yoshimitsu

義賊 populations Party "swastika" tricks of the initiation of the second generation leader predecessor, the weak to save us

wat

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Haunted said:
Is Aeon just his Japanese name or did they give a name to Lizardman? (Blasphemy!)

He's always been named "Aeon Calcos", as the man he was before becoming Lizardman.

--

Nice arts, as always. Someone named Sheba, and it's a skinny Monkeyking kid? Not what I was expecting.

Yoshi looks reserved for him, Lizman with wings is.... I'm not sure. I'm fine with Cervantes looking human again, we've had 4 days of undead, and it's not like you can't mod him to make him look so (and his 2P might be undead), and it's kinda cool to see him with some red in his color scheme.

Now... err... where's my Talim?

Haunted said:
Aeon was always his human name before he was turned into a lizard. I guess LizardDragonAngelMan was gonna be too wordy.

Haunted said:
themoreyouknow.jpg

He's always been Lizardman to me. >_>
No kidding.

I thought each game had a different Lizardman.

I mean, the guy goes through dramatic physical changes in each game if he's really the same one. Plus there are plenty of other Lizardmen as stage NPCs, so I just assumed...

LowParry

Huh, I notinced Lizardman isn't sporting a shield this go around. I wonder if his play style will be different.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how they included the three best characters in the same post

LIZARDMAN DOESNT HAVE A SHIELD NOW?! What the fuck, now he's just going to play like every other dual wielding fighter in the history of ever. Sword and shield is best because you're like 'hell yeah, that guy's practical. he's not about looking cool'

Also, they really are getting too into 'adding stuff' to appearance.

SAB CA said:
Now... err... where's my Talim?

But she'll be in her 30s, she'll be too old for us to like any more. I'm kidding by the way folks. Considering Hilde didn't age it seems. Talim will probably get that Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) treatment too.

zoner said:
I like how they included the three best characters in the same post

LIZARDMAN DOESNT HAVE A SHIELD NOW?! What the fuck, now he's just going to play like every other dual wielding fighter in the history of ever. Sword and shield is best because you're like 'hell yeah, that guy's practical. he's not about looking cool'

Also, they really are getting too into 'adding stuff' to appearance.
Lizardman is now a digimon.

Galdelico

Not feeling Angelzard, but I really dig the kid...
Since the very dangerous nature of his role (being 'the kid' in the same game where 'the cool' should be Zwei), I think he turned out pretty well designed.

Soulscribe said:
This all just makes me wanna play Soul Calibur 2 again.
I hope Namco released Soul Calibur 2 HD to raise awareness on launch.

They did the same with that 1080p (albeit 4:3) version of Soul Calibur on XBLA around the time of SCIV's launch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So someone tell me why sun wukong is in SC5?

Mike M said:
I haven't played SC since 2, how long has the hilt of Cervantes' sword been a pistol?
Since SC1

CervantesSCFACE.jpg

They didn't truly start to emphasize it until SC3 though. That air grab that he's had since SC1, when he catches people by the gut, shoots them a few times before he slams them down.

alstein

CcrooK said:
Huh, I notinced Lizardman isn't sporting a shield this go around. I wonder if his play style will be different.

I really hope it is.

Xiba/Sheba may have to be the replacement for my old character.

I love Lizardman's new look!

The Take Out Bandit said:
When will we reach the point where the games will look as good as the production art? I can't tell aholes from angel wings in some of those screens. :|

I can't see the screens at work, but I will not be happy if the Big Lizard looks like ass.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Bay Maximus said:
I love Lizardman's new look!

I can't see the screens at work, but I will not be happy if the Big Lizard looks like ass.

TTOB is just being his usual self. Aeon / Lizardman 's in game model is the most well rendered of any in the series, imho.

scosher

Not a single mention that Lizardman (or Aeon) no longer has a shield? Looks like they're redesigning him from the ground up to be less of a Sophie/Cass clone -- hence the new name, wings, and dual axes.

hiryu said:
Interesting that Lizardman is dual-wielding now and no longer has a shield.

nm, missed this post.

Top Bottom