• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoulCalibur V Aeon (Lizardman), Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, newcomer Sheba revealed

NeonZ

I really, really, really hope this game won't ship without a polearm fighter. If anything, leave Mina's move set in the creation mode.

But seriously, where are the Koreans?

Xiba has two or three of Mina's moves at least. There's always Hilde anyway if you aren't specifically looking for Mina's style, just polearms in general. Hilde's style actually fits a polearm better than Mina's, especially considering how Mina's always rather close to Kilik's.

Forgot Hilde, but she has that sword too. And a staff isn't really a polearm.

It would be cool to see a European fighter with an actual halberd or an African one with a spear, but I've pretty much given up hope of seeing more characters who actually represent a country and/or style rather than being mysterious people with arcane weapons.

alstein

Xiba has two or three of Mina's moves at least. There's always Hilde anyway if you aren't specifically looking for Mina's style, just polearms in general. Hilde's style actually fits a polearm better than Mina's, especially considering how Mina's always rather close to Kilik's.

Mina and Hilde have nothing in common.

Mina is almost nothing like Kilik.

Mina's a lot weaker, and supposed to be a power-hitting character.

Kilik is more about mixup with a bit of range poking.

I'm thinking Mina and Yunsung's style are going to be combined somehow into a new character right now.

I'll be super-happy if Mina returns, Monkey Boy doesn't seem like my type of character, but I'd have to learn someone new if Mina and Yun are both out. I want a Korean.

hteng

Banned
from the few vids i've seen shiba is pretty much kilik's successor, all kilik's signature moves are with him.

Frankfurt

Banned
I must assume the people playing SC5 at yesterday's tournament had no idea how to play SC, right? Because if that is how the game is played and representative of gameplay... SC5's as much a fighting game as Smash Bros.

But seriously, where are the Koreans?
I'd be inclined to say that Yun-seong is a given due to his young age in Soul Calibur II/III/IV. I'm not sure about Mi-Na or Hwang at this point.

At any rate, at least we know Talim is a given at this point. There's no way that she's not in the game.

Demo footage by Namco of these characters http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19315788

The time stamps are off by +5 minutes due to an edit that was made after posting. Matches start at 54 minutes in.

Next week will be a new character and gameplay mode info. Dunno if it was translated correctly, so I don't know for sure if it's just one character or multiple.

Skilletor

I must assume the people playing SC5 at yesterday's tournament had no idea how to play SC, right? Because if that is how the game is played and representative of gameplay... SC5's as much a fighting game as Smash Bros.

Dunno what you've been watching. Seems like you just want to shit on the game. There is tons of quality footage out between these namco game nights, SCR, and the French streams. There are hours of great SC5 matches and it looks great. Namco is doing an amazing job with this games presence for the competitive community.

alstein

Aparraently this game has SF2-style variable attack damage?

Some moves will do random damage as "Clean Hits" Some folks in the competitive community are up in arms over this, I don't think it's anything more then a minor nuisance at worst.

my only wish is that Clean hits had unique, interesting animations so that it looked awesome.

Some moves will do random damage as "Clean Hits" Some folks in the competitive community are up in arms over this, I don't think it's anything more then a minor nuisance at worst.

my only wish is that Clean hits had unique, interesting animations so that it looked awesome.

How random? Is it a specific distance thing or just straight up random number generator shit?

Skilletor

How random? Is it a specific distance thing or just straight up random number generator shit?

Clean hits only, and only specific moves. I don't think we'll know much more (or if they keep it) until people have it and can test.

I think it's dumb, but since it's a specific moves I don't see it being that big a deal in the long run.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My god that alt costume for Ivy is ugly.

But thank god for character customization!

Top Bottom