• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoulCalibur V Aeon (Lizardman), Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, newcomer Sheba revealed

Inflammable Slinky said:
Christ even the men have ridiculous cleavage now. Are none safe from Namco designers?

Actually, the women so far are quite safe in this game other than Ivy, and even she's more conservative design wise than previous entries. It's the dudes that are getting whored out this time around. XD

Oh, and I boo that monkey kid. I was expecting badass older Kilik with some awesome Duolon style Chinese assassin coat. :/

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The more I see something from SCV, the less I like it. Why can't Namco just release Tekken Tag 2 in Q1 2012 instead of this?

Berordn

Is there a chance that we still get Kilik with a new style and this kid just inherited his old one? I'm sure he'll show up somewhere anyway since he's too important to the story but I'd rather have a playable
giant man-cleavage
aged badass Kilik too.

Sullichin

I spent countless hours in SC4, most of them playing as Yoshimitsu. Was expecting him to come back, but still happy to see it. Hope his move set isn't so different than SC4 because it's ingrained into my mind.

That being said, I don't even need a new SC game yet. SC4's gameplay to me is pretty perfect.

Skilletor

I want Setsuka.

Or, rather, I want Setsuka's niece's daughter's younger sister who, seeing Setsuka lose a battle to Mitsurugi, has set out on a quest for vengeance wielding her aunt's oulder sister's mother's cousin's weapon.

scosher

6-8 character slots.

Characters yet to be revealed:

Yunseong
Talim
Setsuka
Seong Mina
Cassandra (Pyrrha's adopted more of Sophitia's style)
Zalsalamel

...or whoever their replacements are.

Am I missing anyone? I guess Amy, but a lot of people speculate that Viola is actually Amy grown up, with a new fighting style.

Link Man said:
Wait, is that a pistol built into the crossguard of his cutlass?

Yeah, he's had that since SC1.

He's got moves where he shoots people with the gun.

Soulstar said:
Does this mean that the coolest character is not in the game?

Yes, unfortunately. To be replaced by a lame Sun Wukong knock-off.

Soulstar

AlphaDragoon said:
Yeah, he's had that since SC1.

He's got moves where he shoots people with the gun.

Yes, unfortunately. To be replaced by a lame Sun Wukong knock-off.

Is there no other way?

alstein

scosher said:
6-8 character slots.

Characters yet to be revealed:

Yunseong
Talim
Setsuka
Seong Mina
Cassandra (Pyrrha's adopted more of Sophitia's style)
Zalsalamel

...or whoever their replacements are.

Am I missing anyone? I guess Amy, but a lot of people speculate that Viola is actually Amy grown up, with a new fighting style.

It's possible random select and custom char slots are two of those slots. Setsuka is also believed to be out.

Skilletor

alstein said:
It's possible random select and custom char slots are two of those slots. Setsuka is also believed to be out.

Has something been said about Setsuka? It's not like Namco to competely cut a style.

i Approve of this changes ... now i only need "mina" and this game will be officially awesome ..

Zasalamel has to be "in" too just slightly nerfed

Skilletor

R_thanatos said:
i Approve of this changes ... now i only need "mina" and this game will be officially awesome ..

Zasalamel has to be "in" too just slightly nerfed

Why would Zas have to be nerfed? He's a good character, not too strong, not too weak. If anything, I'd say give him buffs.

alstein said:

Wha?! Are you serious. That seems strange especially since Dashi said she is one of his favorites.

Majukun

robut said:
· Yoshimitsu

義賊 populations Party "swastika" tricks of the initiation of the second generation leader predecessor, the weak to save us

wat

that's not svastika,but Manji (simbol of the sun),that is a saced symbol that look like an inverted svastika.Yoshimitsu was the lead of the "manji clan"

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
R_thanatos said:
I'd buy the game if my girl was in, no questions asked, despite my gripes about the direction the devteam's going in.

alstein

Skilletor said:
Has something been said about Setsuka? It's not like Namco to competely cut a style.

There was a twitter pic posted about two weeks ago lamenting Setsuka not being in. That's not official, but I think it's a sign.

Skilletor said:
Why would Zas have to be nerfed? He's a good character, not too strong, not too weak. If anything, I'd say give him buffs.
i think he was way more fun to play as in soul 3.WHile more powerfull in soul4 , he was a borefest for me .. i wish they got back that soul 3 feelign for him

NeonZ

Berordn said:
Is there a chance that we still get Kilik with a new style and this kid just inherited his old one? I'm sure he'll show up somewhere anyway since he's too important to the story but I'd rather have a playable
giant man-cleavage
aged badass Kilik too.

I guess there's still a small chance Kilik might appear as a main playable character... There was a comment early on about a random moveset character appearing in the game, and Kilik did have ties to the original Edge Master, so becoming the new Edge Master wouldn't be completely out of nowhere. It's not really likely though, the random moveset character probably will be just another random new character, like Charade and Olcadan.

MC RaZaR

Neo Member
alstein said:
There was a twitter pic posted about two weeks ago lamenting Setsuka not being in. That's not official, but I think it's a sign.
I had hoped Setsuka would have made the cut. It seems very unlikely though. It's not a "de-confirmation," but yeah.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Cervantes' design is not good at all. He looks like some cheerful fruity captain. His swords look stupid (especially the gun-sword).

NeonZ

It's possible random select and custom char slots are two of those slots.

Before this new reveal, there were 12 empty slots, and that's already counting the Custom Char slot. With these, there are 8 empty slots. One probably will go to bonus/dlc characters, so, 7 left... Not too sure about random, they might just put it in the central shield.

eziosc5.png

With 7 slots, there are enough slots for:

Talim - She's younger than Hilde, who stayed, and her fighting style doesn't depend on any immaturity. They can age her with minimal fundamental changes to her character. So, she'll probably stay.

Yun-Seong's style - I expect a new character with his style. An older Yun-Seong probably would have a more serious fighting style than his original one, so, he's unlikely to stay. On the other hand, this style might just be completely eliminated in favor of Xianghua's daughter and some new style might take this spot.

Zasalamel

Setsuka's style - She'll probably be too old, but Namco might replace her with some new character.

Mitsurugi's brother

Random style character

Final boss

They seem to be avoiding similar weapon styles, aside from Nightmare and Patroklos, so we probably won't see specific replacements (or returning appearances) for Seong Mina.

LiK

Ether_Snake said:
Cervantes' design is not good at all. He looks like some cheerful fruity captain. His swords look stupid (especially the gun-sword).

you mean, GUNBLADE?!

I didn't read through the rest of the posts...but what the heck??

Did Lizardman just procreated with Olcadan and Aeon was the offspring??? WTH?? Lizardman with wings? Wow....

Cervantes doesn't look like undead anymore.....what happened to him?

InfiniDragon said:
Actually, the women so far are quite safe in this game other than Ivy, and even she's more conservative design wise than previous entries. It's the dudes that are getting whored out this time around. XD
About time.

Cervantes's heaving, manly, beeftastic pecs are the best thing to happen to him a long time. He's so healthy & slutty now! :D

Side note: Xiba? DNW.

I love the Lizardman change, he looks ridiculous. Yoshimitsu looks badass. Cervantes... eh I like him with a more zombie look, I'd actually prefer it if he was all decomposed and you could see his skeleton and shit.
As for... SonGoku... Not feeling it.

hteng

Banned
shit just got real!!!! omg!

Criminal Upper said:
Can confidently say that Ezio is the best designed character in this game so far.

Ivy had a better design but her ingame model is pretty horrendous

I've never loved Cervantes as much as I love him now.

But now more than ever, I'm a bit bummed that the character models aren't quite living up the awesome artwork.

Top Bottom