• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SoulCalibur V Aeon (Lizardman), Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, newcomer Sheba revealed

Dacon

Banned
Jay Shadow said:
cervy.jpg

Why does he have titties

and not look like a zombie

Mista Koo

I like all of the designs especially Cervy's, although Yoshi looks too badass it doesn't suit him.
A bit sad that Kilik didn't make it but I don't mind the replacement.

.la1n said:
That is the only Lizardman design I have ever liked.
Me too, but I never cared for him anyway.

NeonZ said:
Yun-Seong's style - I expect a new character with his style. An older Yun-Seong probably would have a more serious fighting style than his original one, so, he's unlikely to stay. On the other hand, this style might just be completely eliminated in favor of Xianghua's daughter and some new style might take this spot.
I think Xiba will get Yun-Seong's style of movement and flashiness, so Yun-Seong can be a little more serious.

Coxy

Cervantes looks like hulk hogan
loving the new lizardman design, weird but poretty cool, but makes me sad that there's no olcadan/edgemaster type dude

Mista Koo

Gunloc said:
A more serious Yun-Seong being included over Hwang would make me sad.
Well after aging he could look identical to Hwang, although I too would prefer Hwang getting an older badass treatment.

I'm guessing some Korean will be in there, as they can't remove both the Korean sword and Korean polearm styles. But I don't mind either way, I just want some closure to Seong Mi-Na. Mention that she lived happily ever after with Hwang and all is cool.

I'm still waiting for Chie. Makes no sense that they're making her important out of nowhere and still keeping her as an NPC, just like Toki for all those years.

Oh, and freaking Bangoo to avenge Rock or something.

As for Xiba:

ukgfb.jpg

Ithil

They really hit it out of the ball park with Yoshimitsu's design, and I'm highly intrigued by the changes to Lizardman. Wings and fire breathing?

Now that's a buff.

However, I'm less than fond of the Final Fantasy protagonist. I didn't play Kilik that much, nor was he that interesting, but ANOTHER teenager?

Gunloc said:
A more serious Yun-Seong being included over Hwang would make me sad.
#TeamYunSeong

He'll definitely be a more serious Yun-Seong if they're doing this timeskip. He was too young in SC2/3/4 for them not to include him here. Talim also.

I love Hwang too, though. I'm torn but I can't wait to see what they do with Talim and Yun-seong's designs.

I don't care what anybody says, Soul Calibur has the best character designs of any 3d fighting game series. Just keep the weird collaboration out and there won't be an issue.

SN: They need to give Lizardman some bottom clothing/armor or a penis because it looks weird as it is.

I want Setsuka.

Or, rather, I want Setsuka's niece's daughter's younger sister who, seeing Setsuka lose a battle to Mitsurugi, has set out on a quest for vengeance wielding her aunt's oulder sister's mother's cousin's weapon.

Seeing as setsuka is a courtisant assasin , i guess that we have more chances for a new face , ..it's the same position as taki IMO.

I'm glad to see Lizardman (essentially) back so I can continue to pinwheel people to death, but I have mixed feelings over this monkey king wannabe. He looks interesting, but I'm guessing his inclusion means the loss of Kilik, my most-played character.

#TeamYunSeong

He'll definitely be a more serious Yun-Seong if they're doing this timeskip. He was too young in SC2/3/4 for them not to include him here. Talim also.

I love Hwang too, though. I'm torn but I can't wait to see what they do with Talim and Yun-seong's designs.
If they are going to include Yun, I think they only way I'd be semi-interested in him is if he's still a goof ball/screw-up, even in his older age.

Hwang kind of has the market cornered on super serious/dedicated Korean swordsman and to try to change Yun to the same personality would be even more upsetting to Hwang fans I think, especially since we've been requesting him since the second SC game and they've still yet to truly bring him back. (Outside of the arcade release for SCIII.) It's bad enough that Yun has been denying Hwang a spot all these years, let's not physically turn him into Hwang too.

I'm still shocked that the development team was all like "Y'all want Hwang? Huh?!?!" at a semi-recent game conference. He's been the most requested character ever since he's been removed from the series. :/

The more I see of this, the more I'm sure Xustin Bieba needs to die. The fact that Yoshi didn't get replaced with a loli version of Kunimitsu has restored a bit of my hype though.

Steaks

All the creationists have finally been proven wrong. Thanks Namco.

Alternatively:

Finally, true evolution within the fighting game genre.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really, really hope this game won't ship without a polearm fighter. If anything, leave Mina's move set in the creation mode.

But seriously, where are the Koreans?

Top Bottom