• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Official Site Update with new screens, artwork and more

spookyfish

Why/HOW do the visuals look so much better than IV???

This looks to be amazing.

I hope it runs at a good frame rate ...

deli2000

2013-08-2315_54_04-loigsaj.png

R* on point as always.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Closing at work the night before this comes out. Going to the game store at midnight to pick up my CE. Coming home and have the next 2 days off.

GTA releases are a fucking event. Even more so than new consoles to me.

Closing at work the night before this comes out. Going to the game store at midnight to pick up my CE. Coming home and have the next 2 days off.

GTA releases are a fucking event. Even more so than new consoles to me.

Booked the 17th off work. I bought the PSN day one digital version so I have something to play until my local Gamestop opens at 10. I'm starving for GTA5.

Daffy Duck

This game is going to create world peace, I can sense it now.

In future years people will ask where were you when GTA V launched.

Why/HOW do the visuals look so much better than IV???

This looks to be amazing.

I hope it runs at a good frame rate ...

Because the art is a lot better. I installed GTA4 Stories on PC a couple of weeks ago and it looked so ugly compared to GTAV. GTAIV just had bad tech and bad art (vanilla ver)

Anth0ny

I respect Rockstar for not putting out bullshots.

That being said, those shot looks absolutely terrible. PC version can't come soon enough.

UrbanRats

I respect Rockstar for not putting out bullshots.

That being said, those shot looks absolutely terrible. PC version can't come soon enough.

Some are, some aren't.
But i agree that, those textures, are painful to look at.
Art direction and world detail are fantastic though.

Those GTAV disc pics remind me of when the first disc images for GT5 finally showed up on the web. People were losing their shit.

UnrealEck

I have a feeling it's going to look very jaggy and low res, similar to what RDR looked like. The PC version will surely make the game as close to perfect as possible because the technology is probably the only thing holding this game back from being as good as it can be.

grkazan12

Hey quick question, would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

Have a PS3 and 360, the only person I plan on playing GTA V with is my brother (he has a 360 also), but my Live runs out this December. I don't plan on re-subbing to Live after it runs out in December, so I would just be playing solo at that point. We also plan to drop both versions once the PC version comes out. Also getting PS4 in October.

The only reason I'm thinking about the PS3 version is because the PS4 will be my main console for next gen, so I could at least get some trophies for it.

I know it's a trivial situation and question, but I just can't decide on a version to get.

*Won't care about these current gen versions once PC version comes out.*

I wonder if the people complaining about the graphics have ever freaking played a GTA game.

By Jupiters Cock its annoying! (Spartacus reference)

SJRB

Gold Member
I wonder if the people complaining about the graphics have ever freaking played a GTA game.

By Jupiters Cock its annoying! (Spartacus reference)

With all the next-gen stuff going on, I can imagine someone not being impressed by these GTAV screenshots. And to be fair, some of them do look pretty bad.

But GTA was never about blistering graphics, but about atmosphere and scope. And that is what GTAV has in spades. GTAIV's screenshots looked awful as well, but it never bothered me when actually playing the game because it looks so much better in motion. I mean, compare these screenshots to any of the trailers and tell me the videos don't look miles better than any screenshot.

Screenshots don't do this game justice, which makes it all the more praiseworthy Rockstar isn't going the bullshot-route.

Horns

It's one of the few games that is so random that I don't have a clue what I'll do at first. A car might pass by that I must steal or the cops will chase me or the phone will ring and I stumble into a mission. I love that about GTA.

wizzbang

Banned
It's probably exclusive to the Country Club, which you'll either have to pay to get in or you may have to play as Michael to get in, in which case you may have to play for littlle bit in order to play as him.

Michael can enter via the front entrance.
The hillbilly guy can only go in via the staff entrance to do maintenance (think Carl Spackler)
Unfortunately the black guy gets a 2 star wanted rating as soon as he enters the property :(

Top Bottom