• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Official Site Update with new screens, artwork and more

Simo

Welp. I thought my Neil avatar would be sufficient for the GTAV hype train but I might have to snag that Trevor artwork now.

Grab a car and drive. Drive all night long. Soak up the scenery, explore the world. Just.. drive.

b7w9zuz.gif

Does anyone know if there's going to be a cockpit view?

Does anyone know if there's going to be a cockpit view?

We haven't seen one in gameplay... Although there was a flash of one in Franklin's trailer but from a helicopter, but nothing from in a car:

And this might just be from something cinematic or something.

Hey quick question, would love to hear your opinions on this matter.

Have a PS3 and 360, the only person I plan on playing GTA V with is my brother (he has a 360 also), but my Live runs out this December. I don't plan on re-subbing to Live after it runs out in December, so I would just be playing solo at that point. We also plan to drop both versions once the PC version comes out. Also getting PS4 in October.

The only reason I'm thinking about the PS3 version is because the PS4 will be my main console for next gen, so I could at least get some trophies for it.

I know it's a trivial situation and question, but I just can't decide on a version to get.

*Won't care about these current gen versions once PC version comes out.*

If your bro plays on 360, then it'd be worth it to play with him. I'm getting V on 360 only because that's where most of my friends are. You can get a 3mos card for XBL for pretty cheap too. First, the GTA Online stat/character database is cross platform. The game is not, but the stats and all else are. Also, there's a good chance that GTA Online will see an updated release on PS4/Bone and that your character from the current gen will transition into it. I actually dont think that GTAV proper is going to be ported or brought up to the PS4/Bone, only because of the existence of GTA Online which is definitely Rockstar's long term strategy.

We haven't seen one in gameplay... Although there was a flash of one in Franklin's trailer but from a helicopter, but nothing from in a car:

They should just enable first-person view as a cheat or something, the mods for GTA IV were amazing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

This is what i don't understand. Especially that part in Franklin's trailer seems to look better than the rest of the game.

2013-08-2318_51_17-grbvsfn.png

2013-08-2318_51_29-grjks5p.png

2013-08-2318_51_40-gr4gskd.png

This is what i don't understand. Especially that part in Franklin's trailer seems to look better than the rest of the game.

2013-08-2318_51_17-grbvsfn.png

2013-08-2318_51_29-grjks5p.png

2013-08-2318_51_40-gr4gskd.png

Some trailer bull shots there. There's a few scenes in that trailer and one from the original of the cop chasing the car that falls off the back of a truck (I think that's what happens) where it looks better than what we've seen in the official gameplay trailers. THere's been some good evidence that things were scaled back from the original trailers in the gameplay -- like fewer trees on mountains, less image quality, etc. Still -- IMO -- really incredible looking but not like what the original trailers were.

Where's the inner holograohic ring tho?

EDIT: I was remembering wrong. I guess it can be legit then.

What's up with this random blonde being all over the place? Would the 3 main characters make more sense?

Well, she's confirmed to be the the image that pops up when you're going to load the game on PS3, so it wouldn't be surprising if they used the same image for the disc art.

Sn4ke_911

Some trailer bull shots there. There's a few scenes in that trailer and one from the original of the cop chasing the car that falls off the back of a truck (I think that's what happens) where it looks better than what we've seen in the official gameplay trailers. THere's been some good evidence that things were scaled back from the original trailers in the gameplay -- like fewer trees on mountains, less image quality, etc. Still -- IMO -- really incredible looking but not like what the original trailers were.

First sneak peek of the PC and next gen versions.

I'll stop.

What's up with this random blonde being all over the place? Would the 3 main characters make more sense?

IIRC, didn't Vice City's disc have some random woman on there as well?

Sn4ke_911

Aparently, they are being printed in Austria.

This is just an hour away from my home.

BRB

UrbanRats

Well, she's confirmed to be the the image that pops up when you're going to load the game on PS3, so it wouldn't be surprising if they used the same image for the disc art.

Right, but she's no one, she isn't even a character (like the lolly pop girl from GTA IV.
Weird.

IIRC, didn't Vice City's disc have some random woman on there as well?
tbh i don't remember.
Maybe it's another one of those traditions i hadn't noticed.

SJRB

Gold Member

It's similar to lolipop girl from GTAIV who was heavily featured in artwork and the cover of the game but who never actually featured in the main game:

azXcpHL.jpg

7DAXV5S.jpg

Also; when you see it...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the next step I want in GTA games in the radio is night time radio. Like every station has a playlist during in-game 'day' and a different one during in-game 'night' but they're just as varied as a regular station is so basically doubling the content. Or like having one talk show during the day and a different host at night.

Signs of the disc and potentially getting out means I need to start avoiding gaming forums for a while. I already know way more about this game than I initially wanted to prior to playing it.
It's similar to lolipop girl from GTAIV who was heavily featured in artwork and the cover of the game but who never actually featured in the main game:

azXcpHL.jpg

7DAXV5S.jpg

Also; when you see it...

Not even where that started
eBGOGyK.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there that gets unreasonably hyped over GTA game releases. I never get as hyped up and excited about an impending game release as I do for GTA, and I keep asking myself why. The games are fantastic, but I guess it's the marketing strategy they use. Whatever it is, I never get that magical sense of discovery and awe with any other games, no matter how much I'm looking forward to them. Hell, we're on the verge of next generation consoles, and I'm nowhere near as excited for that as I am for GTA V... and I'm pretty damn excited about the new consoles.

Haven't been this hyped since Dark Souls, I reckon.

There better be a pre-load in the US, otherwise I'm just gonna have to buy the disc. Will not be able to wait.

Haven't been this hyped since Dark Souls, I reckon.

There better be a pre-load in the US, otherwise I'm just gonna have to buy the disc. Will not be able to wait.

I'm getting the game on disc, and it will be torture enough having to wait for the game to install 8 gigs on the PS3... which will take close to an hour, probably.

Simo

I'm getting the game on disc, and it will be torture enough having to wait for the game to install 8 gigs on the PS3... which will take close to an hour, probably.

Pffft 8 gigs? How about waiting for 15 gigs to install on the 360. I probably won't be able to play until 2am after attending the midnight launch and then installing everything...:(

Pffft 8 gigs? How about waiting for 15 gigs to install on the 360. I probably won't be able to play until 2am after attending the midnight launch and then installing everything...:(

Yeah, but the 360 installs games faster than the PS3, doesn't it? If so, the waiting time will probably even out to be about the same.

I was this hyped for GTAIII. God, what a marvel of a game that was back in the day.

that's the game that got me back into gaming, I hadn't played a single one since wind waker and I only bought GTA III because I was recovering from surgery and would be bored. It blew my mind that something could be so open, plus the scarface soundtrack just capped it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I didn't know GTA 3 was coming out before it actually did. I remember my brother telling me about this new PS2 game at my cousin's, and I was like 'What? GTA's top down. It doesn't work like that.' Then using the internet and finding the official game's website(back when it was done in Flash and made to look like a Bistro, weirdly enough) and having my fucking mind blown. Then having it blown again later that year with Max Payne.

2001 was a great year for me. Rockstar immediately became my favorite name in gaming after that and still is.

bengraven

I'm still convinced the same guys went from San Andreas to RDR then to GTAV.

This has the same humor and attitude that I felt was missing from IV.

I didn't know GTA 3 was coming out before it actually did. I remember my brother telling me about this new PS2 game at my cousin's, and I was like 'What? GTA's top down. It doesn't work like that.' Then using the internet and finding the official game's website(back when it was done in Flash and made to look like a Bistro, weirdly enough) and having my fucking mind blown. Then having it blown again later that year with Max Payne.

2001 was a great year for me. Rockstar immediately became my favorite name in gaming after that and still is.

I figured they were going to have to cut a ton of freedom from the game - there was no way they'd give us the same experience in 3D form without cutting a ton of corners.

Fuck, I was so wrong. It was my Game of Forever for so damn long.

v1lla21

I was worried that I wouldn't be getting the game anytime soon due to college starting and being on a tight budget, but my birthday is the week after it comes out and my girlfriend might get it for me :D

Top Bottom