• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you have for breakfast every day?

Why is egg such a common thing to eat for breakfast?

It's high in cholesterol, right? And people have more than one of those every morning?

How about the rest of cholesterol you eat for the rest of the day?

5/7 days of the week I have

4243471.attach

On the weekend, I have eggs.

Is this the Costco equivalent of a Quest Bar? How's the taste and price?

Oatmeal with a cut up banana and some honey. If I'm running late I take a clif bar to clinic and then eat rep food if it looks semi healthy.

Namikaze

3-4 eggs, 3-4 pieces of bacon, Greek yogurt, Peanut butter toast, milk, and a banana seem to be the regular breakfast for me.

I work out a lot but I still know the bacon is gonna kill me

hatchx

Banned
Literally everyday unless something weird happens:

A smoothie with:
-1 banana
-some strawberries (fresh or frozen)
-milk
-handful of spinach
-a raw egg

I find it hard to eat when I wake up, so smoothies have been a life saver. I used to skip breakfast, but since I started this habit, I feel so much better through-out the day.

Why is egg such a common thing to eat for breakfast?

It's high in cholesterol, right? And people have more than one of those every morning?

How about the rest of cholesterol you eat for the rest of the day?

Dietary cholesterol is such a small part of the problem. While more and more research is showing that cholesterol is just a innocent bystander when it comes to cardio vascular disease.

I looked this up before and the general consensus from many discussions and sources I've seen say they're fine to eat for breakfast. https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/22l6ek/is_it_bad_to_eat_eggs_every_morning/?sort=top

Dietary cholesterol is such a small part of the problem. While more and more research is showing that cholesterol is just a innocent bystander when it comes to cardio vascular disease.

I see. That's good to hear then. I love eggs.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
coffee

I wish I was more regular about eating breakfast though. I used to be, but now.. not such much. Don't do this young gaf.

iosa

Cold chocolate milk with krisprolls, jam and butter.
When I can I add a freshly squeezed orange juice.

Sometimes though I replace the krisprolls with croissant and chocolatine.

Weekdays my regular breakfast is a chocolate croissant and a latte from Pret. I don't tend to have anything other than a cup of tea on weekends.

Usually a protein shake with avo on toast or if I'm lazy I'll grab Subway or something.

I don't eat breakfast every day though. I woke up at 10.20 today so I just had some water and waited for lunch.

For the past few months, I often have:
-vegemite and cheese on one slice of toast and peanut butter on another slice, or
-grill some cheese on two halves of a bread roll and put some sauce on it (today a pide roll with homemade tomato sauce on one and peri-peri sauce on the other), or
- (just a few times) vegetarian sushi rolls.

Usually with orange juice.

SirNinja

Two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Eggs mostly

I don't have breakfast at all because I'm pretty much never hungry in the morning, at most i'll drink a cup of black coffee. but I don't worry about meal timing and just focus on macronutrients, eat whenever I feel like it.

Meadows

Banned
About half the time I'll skip it and just have a coffee and maybe a banana. When I do have it, maybe just a croissant with a coffee and some cranberry/orange juice.

Herne

If I'm up at the course, two slices of soda bread with low-fat butter, a banana and a cup of tea. If I'm at home, two pots of low-fat Muller rice (Raspberry and Apple, Strawberry and Original) and a 1 litre bottle of sparkling water I'll take a few hours to drink (Apple & Elderflower, Peach & Passion Fruit, Summer Fruits, White Grape & Blackberry, Grapefruit & Mandarin).

I should really get the soda bread and some bananas for when I'm at home... The rice pots only fill you for so long.

After years of only drinking coffee, now I'm putting some effort into my breakfast and it has significantly improved my daily routine. My typical breakfast: coffee, one glass of orange juice, one egg, some bacon, two toasts with some fromage.

Browny

Banned
Aldi
Weetabix with milk. I still get hungry around 10am though :-(

I make porridge with banana each morning for my 18mo daughter, porridge with soya milk for my SO and our 4yo daughter is on 1 1/2 weetabix.

-overnight soaked oatmeal with frozen berries and maple syrup
-banana
-Greek yogurt

I need to try overnight oats - I've got some recipes bookmarked somewhere, so will probably give it a go when I have a week off.

I've been doing the overnight oats thing weekdays for about a year and still going strong. I rarely eat lunch so it really keeps me going throughout the day.

5 tablespoons of oats, one of raisins, 1 grated apple/pear, 1 banana, 3 tbsps of yogurt, 1 tsp of honey, pinch of cinnamon, half a small cup of water (milk if you want, but I don't miss it) to make it wet, put it in a mason jar and leave in the fridge overnight. You can put anything in it, it's just easy/cheap for me to buy apples and bananas. Sometimes I toast the oats in bulk, like when making cranachan, to give it a nice flapjack flavour, usually can't be bothered. I prep tomorrows before I eat the ready one, 5 minute job.

Weekends I have pineapple (without fail, I need my Friday/Saturday pineapple!) and kiwi or toast.

Not enough time to have a good breakfast. Usually have some cereal.

Days off I'll cook eggs and have them with avocado, tomato, mushroom etc, or make pancakes or something. Wish I could do that 7 days a week but I'm not getting up at 6am for it.

Qasiel

Hardly anything. I don't like eating when I'm not hungry and I'm not usually feeling that way until a good few hours afterwards, which is usually lunch time.

I guess the first thing I consume after waking is usually my only coffee of the day.

Top Bottom