• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Fifty

This crowd is pretty great for such a weak card on paper. Gotta love stacking the prelims with Swedes to make sure the crowd shows up early.

diabeetus.jpg

diabeetus.jpg

diabeetus.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I appreciate grappling when people actually go for finishes instead of all these fucking wrestlers not making any transitions and throwing pitter-patter punches for 15 minutes to avoid a stand up.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pickett/Page FOTN so far

I love how I started this on a 45 minute delay for commercials/promo bullshit and I'm already caught up.

dream

God, Sakara is the worst but I hope he survives this because I still want to see Sakara vs Vitor's Back.

edit: so much for that

Gustafsson really has nothing if you can stop the uppercut and straight...Silva landed almost every significant strike other than the knockdown in round 1. Still 29-28 Gustafsson because of his inactivity in round 3.

But seriously, I'd be surprised if Gustafsson landed 10 clean strikes in the second round. Goldberg and Florian were marking out continuously for every easily blocked kick.

Heel

Acceptable scenario: Gustafsson fights a ranked opponent like Rashad after he loses to Bones. If Gusfafsson loses, Bones should go to heavyweight after fighting Hendo. If Gustaffson wins, he should be the last guy Bones faces before he goes to heavyweight. Any other fight for Bones at LHW is a reach. Gustafsson is the bottom of the barrel.

Yes, all of these scenarios involve Bones winning several fights. It's in the bag.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well UFC is finally back. A lot of good finishes, I don't see where a lot of these guys are going in the grand scheme of things though. There are events the next couple months basically every week or other week now, and its the usual slow trickle of a couple big fights on a card and the rest are guys no one really know, or maybe a promising prospect against a no name guy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Alex was getting his balled washed by Kenny & Goldie, but wasn't that impressive. Guess they gotta hype him up for his squash match with Jones.

Top Bottom