• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

That cover is interesting, if it's at all what they're considering for the game. All the Halo covers depict Master Chief (well, the first three). Part of the reason that series has been so notable outside of it's game presence, is they crafted an iconic figure, and based their promotion around that.

the cover is probably not final, but the description says that you create your own character, I imagine it's not like Halo that there is a certain character and that they can put that 'Hero' on the box or something.

and I think the boxarts were made by Microsoft not Bungie.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That cover is interesting, if it's at all what they're considering for the game. All the Halo covers depict Master Chief (well, the first three). Part of the reason that series has been so notable outside of it's game presence, is they crafted an iconic figure, and based their promotion around that.

Obviously if you're attempting to make something with a greater focus on the individuals, you need something which doesn't focus on any one player character. Even Mass Effect got shit with not featuring the female Sheppard.

I assumed whatever the single player would be, it'd still feature a hero, based on that cover, I would think it almost certainly doesn't.

I was always assuming the game featured a character creator and you make your own character, but that's purely speculation on my part.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Consider me hyped! Art is wonderful, it doesn't appear to be an MMO of any sort, and it looks like Bungie is back to form.

Would be awesome if that's the final cover. Somehow, I have the feeling that Activision will want a male protagonist posing with a gun and more blue and orange.

No way that'll be the cover. A shooter has to have a gun on it some way or another to inform the uniformed what type of game it is. If you're just a regular joe looking for some baddies to kill, you're not going to pick up some game that looks like the developers of Flower made it.

StuBurns

Banned
Well, it's not just cropped to fit a PS3 cover.
I was always assuming the game featured a character creator and you make your own character, but that's purely speculation on my part.
I don't know why, but I guess I imagined it more like there'd be a traditional hero campaign, and all the online stuff would be 'war effort' type things. A hero is more marketable, I guess that's why, but it also allows for a more fixed story experience. Not that I'm disappointed or anything. I only care about the coop.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A 360 exclusive would be literally ridiculous. If Bungie hasnt been able to get their team up to multiplatform snuff after leaving Microsoft's bosom, I wouldnt have high hopes for this games technical achievements.

Edit: Ah there we go, PS3. Just as this gen is ending. Bizarre.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
PEGI 16 converts to a T rating with the ESRB right?

Maybe just a placeholder date then. Tuesday is usually the day...

Probably. Global simultaneous release as well i bet. Activision aren't in the habit of staggered releases for their big guns.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't know why, but I guess I imagined it more like there'd be a traditional hero campaign, and all the online stuff would be 'war effort' type things. A hero is more marketable, I guess that's why, but it also allows for a more fixed story experience. Not that I'm disappointed or anything. I only care about the coop.

I can understand making that assumption, since it would be a lot more in line with what Bungie has done in the past.

But yeah, I think this definitely still has a healthy dose of MMO in it in many aspects.

Vire

Clear image not covered by crap of the description on the poster:
des4-noscale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom