• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump reportedly called Flynn at 3AM because he forgot how the dollar works

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-administration-leaks_us_589a45f1e4b04061313a1fbb

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was confused about the dollar: Was it a strong one that’s good for the economy? Or a weak one?

So he made a call ― except not to any of the business leaders Trump brought into his administration or even to an old friend from his days in real estate. Instead, he called his national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, according to two sources familiar with Flynn’s accounts of the incident.

Flynn has a long record in counterintelligence but not in macroeconomics. And he told Trump he didn’t know, that it wasn’t his area of expertise, that, perhaps, Trump should ask an economist instead.

Trump was not thrilled with that response ― but that may have been a function of the time of day. Trump had placed the call at 3 a.m., according to one of Flynn’s retellings ― although neither the White House nor Flynn’s office responded to requests for confirmation about that detail.

I am starting to have real questions about Trump's current mental faculties. A week ago he didn't see Giuliani sitting directly across from him. He has shown some repeated trouble with handshakes like here and here. He grabbed the British Prime Minister's hand because he wasn't comfortable with stairs.

Jarmel

Banned
How the fuck did this dude even run a business without knowing some of this shit?

He's running an international corporation and he doesn't know whether a strong or weak dollar is more beneficial to him.

UberTag

When some random place gets nuked and Trump's defense is senility, I wonder how understanding the impacted country will be. I imagine not very.

NimbusD

Sometimes I think we're all just being punkd. Like, they're leaking this shit on purpose to make us underestimate him right? This shit isn't possible.

Afrodium

Banned
How the fuck does this get out? Is Flynn blabbing to colleagues about how incompetent Trump is and then someone conveys it to the press? Only Trump and Flynn should know this call happened.

Who else read this while picturing Baldwin's impression?
giphy.gif

Should I just start cross-posting my belief that he's suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's into all of these threads? I'm not even joking or being mean, I think it's getting more obvious every day.

How the fuck did this dude even run a business without knowing some of this shit?

He's running an international corporation and he doesn't know whether a strong or weak dollar is more beneficial to him.
He ran ALL his businesses into dirt. He maintained an image of a rich guy because the courts agreed that his bankruptcy settlement allowed him to net $400k/year for his expenses in the 90's. It was during that time he got hired by NBC for The Apprentice, and thats where he got rich. Seriously read up on him. The guy is a narcissistic clueless moron.

If anyone had any doubts he wasn't qualified to run a country...

Also, does even he sleep? 3AM seems to be his prime hour of working and being obnoxious on twitter.

Wakes up And shouts at Rosie who is lying on the couch drinking scotch and typing on a jet black windows laptop that is emitting purple smoke,
Hey Steve, I had a nightmare about my money, what's better strong or weak dollar?
Rosie looks up and goes: fuck off, I am working out our next move, call someone.
He struggles to find his phone as his dressing gown falls open.. There is only one speed dial button ..

Something like that

How the fuck does this get out? Is Flynn blabbing to colleagues about how incompetent Trump is and then someone conveys it to the press? Only Trump and Flynn should know this call happened.

The rest of the article is about that. Staffers are leaking everything out of a mixture of incredulity and desperation. This Flynn stories has multiple sources.

Windam

Scaley member
Trump is already the top greatest president of history, so I forgive this.

god i need to stop reading pro-trump twitter bios

He also reportedly threatened to fire Ben Carson at 4AM after Ben couldn't tell him if McDonald's Quarter Pounder was the pre- or post-cooked weight.

True strory.

(Not true story. But it could be.)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
He didn't, he had other people run them. When he ran them he went into Bankruptcy multiple times.

Exactly. You want a successful Trump you have to look to Fred Trump. Donald inherited his dads money, properties, and estate. Trump is not a Jobs or Gates or even Zuckerberg. Hes a rich kid that got handed everything and hasnt been able to create anything lasting of worth. Even the TV show hes most famous for isnt his.. The Apprentice is a Mark Burnett show (creator of Survivor).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The two authors of this article don't seem to be in to reporting fake news or wild guesses based on their past articles I've skimmed through.

There is a high likelihood this is real.

People in the white house who hate Trump are leaking this shit like there's no tomorrow.

Exactly. You want a successful Trump you have to look to Fred Trump. Donald inherited his dads money, properties, and estate. Trump is not a Jobs or Gates or even Zuckerberg. Hes a rich kid that got handed everything and hasnt been able to create anything lasting of worth. Even the TV show hes most famous for isnt his.. The Apprentice is a Mark Burnett show (creator of Survivor).

I think you have to look back further because Fred trumps monetary origin story is actually worse than donalds

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I think he's been like this for a long long time. He was just not under this kind of intense constant scrutiny before plus the added pressures of running an entire damn country. Its basically a perfect storm as all of Trump idiosyncrasies and bone headed nature are amplified by the stress of the situation he's in and he has not outlets as he's being shunned and publicly scorned by the very people he was expecting adoration and thanks from who are then in turn these very same outlets, one time friends, his current staff, his "peers" etc. are exposing him for the public to see.

ICO_SotC

Yeah, this.

Either someone was in bed with Flynn when he got the call and they leaked this, or someone was in the room with Trump at 3 am who leaked it? The only other explanation would be that the call was recorded, and the leaker has access to the recording.

After a while, you got to think it's going to be easy for them to find these leakers unless the thing is such a shit show that dozens of people are privy to this stuff.

The rest of the article is about that. Staffers are leaking everything out of a mixture of credulity and desperation. This Flynn stories has multiple sources.

Well then. I guess it is that big of a shit show.

I mean this is the guy who took the USFL, a successful spring football league with money problems in it's second year but a good and growing product, and thought "know what, we're gonna compete directly with the NFL and move to the fall" and purposefully tanked the other teams so the team he bought would be taken by the NFL.

They weren't of course, and the league folded before playing a single snap in the fall.

Nobody should be surprised that a man who's gone bankrupt, what, four times, has no idea how money works.

Should I just start cross-posting my belief that he's suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's into all of these threads? I'm not even joking or being mean, I think it's getting more obvious every day.

I have taken care of people with Parkinson's and there is a lot in his behavior that seems similar. Loss of mental sharpness, lack of sleep, increased belligerence and racism, those odd handshakes I linked in the OP could be signs of dyskinesia. Everyone laughs that Trump is afraid of stairs, but stairs and slopes were the first thing that the Parkinson's patients I looked after had trouble with.

It's something to keep an eye on.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This has to be dementia or something. Trump's always been a dumbfuck but if there's one thing he knows, it's money.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Please be true. This needs to be seen by the future generation so they can see how idiotic this entire period of time has been.

That's an assumption that the Republicans will pay for what they've done and that history books will be factual about this time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom