• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borecast 18: Game Hype, Borderlands, Soul Calibur PSP, iPhone Games, Mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
direct link - http://media.libsyn.com/media/borecast/Borecast18.mp3

We settle into our new regular posting day and talk about game hype, digital distribution, bad game writing, iPhone games, our Playlist, then respond to your comments and mail!

GAME HYPE

We discuss a few of the Fall 2009 games, the times we've been burned by falling for hype in the past, with sidetracks into digital distribution and why co-op multiplayer > versus multiplayer. Games discussed include Borderlands, Modern Warfare 2, the Halo series, LittleBigPlanet, GTAIV, Shenmue, Uncharted, Hellgate: London, The Saboteur, and...Jaws.

THE PLAYLIST

(35:09) Soul Calibur PSP, and PSP online

(47:50) Disgaea 2 PSP, and the dark secret truth about Digital Distribution

(56:40) inFamous, and bad game writing

(1:01:48) wrapping up Batman: Arkham Asylum and Wolfenstein

(1:08:42) Wolfenstein RPG and Wolf3D for iPhone

LISTENER MAIL

(1:14:08) Collecting, a correction, and a Furry challenge!

Talk to you next Tuesday!

Kevtones

D/L - will keep me occupied during a run :D

Also, controls be damned, GRAND THEFT SHARK was glorious (if that's the Jaws game that gets mentioned).

Limedust

Crap. Wish I got this before I left for work.

I like the amount of handheld discussion. The PSP/DS let me be a busy parent with a job, and still play games.

Kevtones

I was with you guys on the Shenmue/Skies opinions expressed but the Jaws hatorade gave me frowns. Sure the game sucked but it had the 'dismemberment engine' and YOU PLAYED AS FUCKING JAWS. Fuck, the game could've been a text adventure and I'd still have bought it because YOU PLAY AS FUCKING JAWS. I know that was brought up in your reasons for hype, but it doesn't matter: YPAFJ

Good show too ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom