• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo" (Because He's Like The Best Character On The Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taichu

Can someone make an animated gif of all the shit that happens to Locke?? Dude gets shoved out of a window by his dad, ran over by a car while he is leaving a school as a handicapped substitute teacher, etc.

StuBurns said:
In that case, it's a lot less lame. I still think they've just made it up, but that being the case it's not as bad as I'd thought.
Yeah, I don't think they've had an answer since season 1 or anything, it definitely seems like one of those things that they intentionally left open-ended and decided later to answer it this way.

I just take exception to the idea that it was ever "confirmed" to be the Others and now retconned into ghosts -- I don't think it was ever answered definitively until now.

InaudibleWhispa said:
To me it looks like Desmond is just tensing his face to prepare for impact rather than grinning. He isn't some heartless killer now; I don't think he's the type to grin when running a guy over in a wheelchair, even if his "flash" showed him as a threat.
Yeah, same here.

big ander

InaudibleWhispa said:
To me it looks like Desmond is just tensing his face to prepare for impact rather than grinning. He isn't some heartless killer now; I don't think he's the type to grin when running a guy over in a wheelchair, even if his "flash" showed him as a threat.

Also, in regards to who's episode it is next week... not even the spoiler sites know that :lol I'm guessing it isn't going to focus on any one person in particular.
threenote I think centricities are okay to post now...so:
Yeah, I've heard both Jack and Locke for this episode. I think I also heard it could be Frank, Illana, and Desmond centric. So who knows :lol
But I'm sticking with my guess that it's Jack/Locke centric. No problem with having an episode devoted to the most interesting character dynamic on the show. :D
ChoklitReign said:
I must be the only one who thought Libby was attractive in this episode. She was so kind to Hurley it sounded like what I want to hear from a woman.

I'm so lonely.
I thought she was hot too.

greepoman

Dead said:
I still can't believe they killed off Illana and her glorious Ta-Tas just like that :(

I remember seeing the spoiler for this episode going something like, "Ilana sets off an explosion at the beach camp to reveal something"

I wonder what she was tring to reveal... :lol :lol

Nameless

threenote said:
I love this one:

After Jack runs into Juliet and Harper:

"Look out"
"Sarah, it's someone we know. Sarah, it's someone we know"
"I'm not answering"
"Answer them"
"We have our answer"
"Can we trust her?"

I'm guessing Christian says he knows Harper because Harper is already dead--and he's seen her on the Island with all his dead buddies. Harper is from the Season 4 episode, "The Other Woman."

That shit is crazy.

"How could you say that? I knew he was American"
"It was a large group"
"It'll come back around"
Frank Duckett's Voice- "Now listen. Here’s what we should do. Nothing. It’s not the one. He’s coming up on the gate."

Frank Duckett= Man Sawyer killed in Australia

LOST

edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"Shannon"
"She likes the guy, she likes the guy"
"Shannon"
"Your life and time is up"
"Help me"
"Shannon, meet me on the other side"
"Her song" ('Ana Lucia' when reversed)
(Gun shot)

NimbusD

Baiano19 said:
Below averange episode... killing Iliana like that was one of the stupidest kill in Lost and that is saying a lot ... there's no way someone didn't warned her about the instable dynamites.
That or they actually wanted her to die.

The way they explained the whispers was basically like "so the whispers are ghosts?! Cool."

Also, it was pretty obvious that Locke wanted to throw Desmond since the get go.

Hurley's "excuse" of meeting with Evil Locke so they didn't blow the plane is also one of the weakest ways of forcing the meeting of both teams. Lets also remind that Hurley did that just because Michael told him, and he was like "sure why not?"

Dissapointing epsiode after the insanity of last week.
Yeah you're right... they seem to have no idea how to forward things without just relying on ghost jacob... but I can only be happy that we're finally fucking getting somewhere.

threenote

Banned
Nameless said:
That shit is crazy.

"How could you say that? I knew he was American"
"It was a large group"
"It'll come back around"
Frank Duckett's Voice- "Now listen. Here’s what we should do. Nothing. It’s not the one. He’s coming up on the gate."

Frank Duckett= Man Sawyer killed in Australia

LOST
That's weird as hell. Why is Frank Duckett there?

I hope to god/muhammad/buddha/etc that we get a "Whisper" episode (like The Other 48 Days) showing what these dead guys have been doing. My god.

Ilana wasn't immortal (only Alpert is, as far as we know) and she wasn't a candidate, so the dynamite would act just like it would with any other normal person. Her job was to get the candidates to the island and have Richard tell them what to do. She did everything she was asked, any other importance given to her character was an assumption by fans (myself included). No doubt it was a controversial way to kill her, but the fact that it was so shocking (and of course they knew it'd make us laugh) made it worth it to me.

Epcott

Nameless said:
no kidding

1 Your hope is here (12 sec)
2. there ain’t no turning around (12.2 sec)
3. sounds like “turn to that screen” (12.3 sec)
4. Don’t forget him (13 sec)
5. Is anyone awake (15 sec)
6. We should take him (16 sec)
Little Ben: Mom (20 sec)

**Ben see's his dead mother*

Whispering isn't exactly an exclusive ability. Given all of the clues It's obvious some where Others some were Ghosts.

I was wondering why (if the whispering are ghosts) do we only hear them when Others are in the midst. Or have there been scenes with whispering that I'm missing?

Also, poor Illiyana :(
She was pretty one dimensional, but I had this thought in my head "What if she blew up while shoving crap into that bag, like a sentai villain after defeat?" and sure enough, Boooooooom. I was hoping to at least get a little info on her background (like how did she get in the injury/sick ward (infirmary) where Jacob asked her for that favor.

Oh well...I guess she'll be a Hurley ghost/whisperer now???

bachikarn

I'm pretty sure David Furry said that when he was a writer for Season 1, the whispers were the others, but admitted they might have changed it. I guess I buy it if its dead people trying to warn the living, but I highly doubt they had that concept in Season 1.

PS: I don't buy most of the transcripts on Dark UFO's site. I remember reading some of that stuff people came up with a while ago, and some of it makes no sense. I even tried listening myself to what they claimed the whispers said, and I think they are just hearing stuff they want to hear.

threenote

Banned
It's strange. In a spoiler I accidentally read Illana purportedly died in a different manner. I'm guessing it was a foiler.

and thank god because (in case this isn't a foiler)
other deaths were listed, so I'm guessing all of it was fake

duckroll

Wow, what a TURD of an episode. This for me is clearly the WORST episode of the season so far. Yes, worse than What Kate does. Holy crap. I love Hugo, but wtf was going on in the writing and directing this week. Nonsensical, contrived, and above all... stupid.

smh

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
duckroll said:
Wow, what a TURD of an episode. This for me is clearly the WORST episode of the season so far. Yes, worse than What Kate does. Holy crap. I love Hugo, but wtf was going on in the writing and directing this week. Nonsensical, contrived, and above all... stupid.

smh

Yeah I'm still angry myself.

InaudibleWhispa said:
Ilana wasn't immortal (only Alpert is, as far as we know) and she wasn't a candidate, so the dynamite would act just like it would with any other normal person. Her job was to get the candidates to the island and have Richard tell them what to do. She did everything she was asked, any other importance given to her character was an assumption by fans (myself included). No doubt it was a controversial way to kill her, but the fact that it was so shocking (and of course they knew it'd make us laugh) made it worth it to me.

Its just that Jacob told to go to the island and now she is dead, just like Dogen. I'm really trying to like this season.

~Kinggi~

Banned
duckroll said:

smh
Im not sure if i agree but it was probably in the bottom 3. I think i hated the kate episode even more, cause she is a filthy whore bitch that will be decapitated in the 2 hour series finale /future spoiler

Arment

duckroll said:

smh

My opinion isn't as harsh, but I definitely didn't like the pace. It had amazing moments ("Hi Jack", Ilana dieing, Locke getting ran over) but otherwise it was pretty meh, yeah.

Epcott

duckroll said:

smh

WHAT? No way :lol

duckroll

I'm definitely being harsh, I don't know if I'm too harsh because I'm honestly really mad at the entire episode right now. It just felt so uneven, and poorly conceived. Things happened just for the sake of happening, which normally isn't that big of a problem (I've never been a fan of how Lost handled this in the first place though), except it happened so many times this episode it was getting really lame.

Also, I'm disappointed that Ben didn't report Desmond and get him detained. Did you see that crazy look and smile he had? Pedophile CONFIRMED! :lol :lol

thekad

Banned
duckroll said:

smh

The direction was terrible, which sucks because what actually transpired throughout was amazing. This was Dan Attias's first Lost episode since Numbers;I guess he was rusty.

rw81a1.gif

Metiphis

Can't you people see that Jacob knew he would become a spirit on the island, so OF COURSE he set up all of his followers to die. HE'S BUILDING A GHOST ARMY!! DUH!!

big ander

ChoklitReign said:
The bottom 3 episodes are What Kate Does, Dr. Linus, and Sundown.
...the fuck?
Expanding: I really liked Sundown a whole lot. I love Sayid. But I could see why some people were turned off by it. Dr. Linus, on the other hand, was a fantastic episode.

A bit off-topic: was that Radzinsky in the Modern Family preview? Or was I just Lost Crazy? :lol

threenote

Banned
layzie1989 said:
x2182p.gif

although there was something menacing about how much desmond enjoyed hitting locke with the car, like he knew what Locke was in the island timeline

From Last week's thread:

How the hell is Desmond going to convince other people he's not crazy?! Is he gonna try to kill everybody to get their visions sparking

From Lost 06.04: "The Substitute" (dir. Cain; Belushi, Gossett Jr., Dawn Chong)

layzie1989 said:
God dammit it's my 21st birthday, and I'll be at work...luckily I can watch it online at 9 eastern...what I think: if Sawyer ends up being recruited by Locke I called it

Something's not right here, man. Those are some good guesses, and you come back and say you called it.

jett

D-Member
Season 6 is quickly approaching S2 levels of suckyness. There's something relatively interesting going on in the island, but we keep getting held back by the alternate timeline GARBAGE.

duckroll said:

smh

I thought it was terrible too until I saw this.

:lol :lol

2aiomxz.jpg

That said, What Kate Does, Recon, The Package, and this were just a bunch of boring eps that had tiny pieces of nuggets in them. But damn Locke Flip Car Crash wins. Desmond's smirk right before impact :lol.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Panda Bear said:
The whispers being dead people was a leading fan theory back in like season 1 and 2.

That wasn't what I was talking about, but yeah, I agree that was a popular theory, I *guess* it fits.

MMaRsu

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
That shot of Locke lying in the street: is that kind of the same shot they used in the pilot?

EXACTLY what I was thinking. He was seeing himself on the Island timeline after he got hit, no doubt about it.

And about people talking shit about how they explained the whispers.. they are pretty much spirits that can't leave the Island. How is that anticlimatic? Who really cares about the whispers anyway, they were never a big story focus.

This week's episode was totally amazing, I loved EVERY minute of it.

-edit-

Damn some of you guys complain too much. Almost every week I see a post saying omg worst episode ever. Ofcourse Jett is always negative but hey he has to uphold his tag somehow right? Why don't you just quit watching if you hate it so much *rolls eyes*.

Nameless

Weird episode. Fucked up episode(are you kidding me Darlton.. really!) but it was good overall. The flash sideways stuff was really really good and I'm not a Hurley or Libby super fan.

I'd give this episode a B+ if not for Illana's death. As it stands it's final grade is incomplete until they bring her back to me.

big ander

jett said:
Season 6 is quickly approaching S2 levels of suckyness. There's something relatively interesting going on in the island, but we keep getting held back by the alternate timeline GARBAGE.
stop fishing for tag quotes, it gets pretty goddamned annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom