• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo" (Because He's Like The Best Character On The Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arment

Keyser Soze said:
qqeelw.gif

Someone Avatarize the part where Desmond puts up his shades (working on learning this .gif stuff) please. Unless someone else got it and I didn't see.

Pretty tame episode except for the last 10 minutes. I think the flash sideways are going to get a hell of a lot more interesting. Best part was Ilana pulling an Artz.

NimbusD

rohlfinator said:
But they've also happened off-Island, and before several Christian appearances (who is very much unconfirmed to be Smokey).
After tonight i think that somehow christian is just a ghost, or something more, but not smokey... oh fuck i dunno... but the whispers appeared before he came to michael in the boat. Maybe that time it was michael seeing a ghost christian welcoming to his new hell. But the other times it was smokey? Especially when he told locke he had to move the island... something smokey said tonigh to desmond tipped me off to that: he said, "thats exactly right right" in the same way christian did to locke when locke said that he was chosen to be in the cabin.

layzie1989 said:
How the hell is Desmond going to convince other people he's not crazy?! Is he gonna try to kill everybody to get their visions sparking :lol :lol

x2182p.gif

although there was something menacing about how much desmond enjoyed hitting locke with the car, like he knew what Locke was in the island timeline

robochimp

layzie1989 said:
x2182p.gif

although there was something menacing about how much desmond enjoyed hitting locke with the car, like he knew what Locke was in the island timeline

Nah he just needs Jack to operate on Locke

threenote

Banned
To those complaining about the Whispers reveal:

Here is a transcript of a whisper in Season 04 Episode 01:

Man (Sounds like Christian Shephard): "Sarah, Is somebody coming?"

Sarah=Ana Lucia, and Christian remembered her from the Season 2 episode, "Two for the Road."

They're not making this stuff up, guys.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
StuBurns said:
Reminds me, sometimes the whispers are audio clips from the flashbacks in the same episode. If it's ghosts, they're doing impressions of other people? Reading people's minds?
Also, this implies everyone can hear the ghosts, why don't the ghosts just speak directly to people?

Just seems lazy.

I don't think the ghosts are actually whispering. That's just something the people hear. And I never thought that what was being said in the whispers was in any way significant, but that might just be me.

First time we saw the boy he looked like he was 6-7 y/o now he looks to be a pre-teen. Is it possible that Jacob is reborn and is aging at an accelerated rate?

What else could possibly scare MiB the way that boy does?

NimbusD

StuBurns said:
Reminds me, sometimes the whispers are audio clips from the flashbacks in the same episode. If it's ghosts, they're doing impressions of other people? Reading people's minds?
Also, this implies everyone can hear the ghosts, why don't the ghosts just speak directly to people?

Just seems lazy.
Maybe the ghosts can see into people... like smokey can....

That makes so much sense... smokey is a ghost who refuses to stay on the island...

StuBurns

Banned
Archaix said:
I don't think the ghosts are actually whispering. That's just something the people hear. And I never thought that what was being said in the whispers was in any way significant, but that might just be me.
In that case, it's a lot less lame. I still think they've just made it up, but that being the case it's not as bad as I'd thought.

thekad said:
Because they can't? How does one imply the other?
I thought it was implying the ghosts were actually making that noise, as in out of choice. If they can do stupid whispering, they can talk. However, that seems to be my misconception of the implication in the episode.

greepoman

threenote said:
Jacob's Ashes.

There was a slight sound that sounded like stones rustling together. It could've just been the ashes moving around though...it's very slight and I couldn't discern either way after rewinding it a few times.

big ander

Just finished up and read the thread. I liked the episode. I'd say it was about the average level of quality for the season so far, so a great episode overall.
-WTF at Illana and Des hitting Locke :lol
-Libby and Hurley's romance was pretty nice. Others may hate Hugo, but I think Jorge pulls him off pretty well. He's got some subtleties in his delivery so you can tell he thinks beyond the surfer-dialog he delivers.
-Ben's line about what would happen when the island was done with them was fun.
-Preview spoils:
Did anybody think Desmond was actually dead? Why would they kill the character who was just enlightened and given a goal to resolve the entire interdimensional conflict only an episode ago?
Costanza said:
hurley and illana are gonna hook up, calling it now
This post is awesome now :lol

Dead said:
So....will next week be a
dual centric episode? Jack/Locke
I don't think this needs to be tagged, just speculation here:
I think a Jack/Locke dual-centric would be really fitting for the next episode. Locke X is going to the hospital, where Jack X will be waiting to sew up those wounds and talk to him. I'm betting and hoping next week is going to be a collection of amazing JackX/LockeX and Jack/Man in Locke interchanges.

NimbusD

Outdoor Miner said:
First time we saw the boy he looked like he was 6-7 y/o now he looks to be a pre-teen. Is it possible that Jacob is reborn and is aging at an accelerated rate?

Maybe he kills jacob every couple of years or so and only has a certain amount of time to get off the island before he comes back and douches shit up.

.GqueB.

Banned
StuBurns said:
Considering Darlton basically said it was the Others, I think it's a little stupid to now make it ghosts. And why would Ben tell someone to run away when they hear ghosts? That doesn't make any sense.

One aspect that does make sense is I seem to remember it happening before seeing things like Smokey Walt, but even that isn't a ghost. Saying it was just smokey would have made more sense actually.
Not to lead you to spoilers but on some site, they enhanced the whispers and wrote transcripts and it definitely makes sense that it would be ghosts. I remember reading them about a year ago thinking "who could possibly be saying this? It cant be the others why would they know that."

Reading them made me think that there was someone watching the island and it was some giant experiment. This explanation explains the transcripts pretty well.

woodchuck

Outdoor Miner said:

i heard they filmed the original scene with the boy during season 1. they've had the whole thing planned since then.

Nameless

threenote said:
To those complaining about the Whispers reveal:

Here is a transcript of a whisper in Season 04 Episode 01:

Man (Sounds like Christian Shephard): "Sarah, Is somebody coming?"

Sarah=Ana Lucia, and Christian remembered her from the Season 2 episode, "Two for the Road."

They're not making this stuff up, guys.

no kidding

1 Your hope is here (12 sec)
2. there ain’t no turning around (12.2 sec)
3. sounds like “turn to that screen” (12.3 sec)
4. Don’t forget him (13 sec)
5. Is anyone awake (15 sec)
6. We should take him (16 sec)
Little Ben: Mom (20 sec)

**Ben see's his dead mother*

Whispering isn't exactly an exclusive ability. Given all of the clues It's obvious some where Others some were Ghosts.

Metiphis

RustyNails said:
Like I said, Desmond walks a higher path. He's in a higher plane of existence than the noobs on the island and on x-timeline. He knows what the fuck he's doing.

He makes his own kind of music. Further proof they knew how things were going to turn out fairly early on in the show, by picking that song to introduce Desmond back in season 2.

Chipopo

Banned
NimbusD said:
And there was also whispers before christian appeared to michael when the boat exploded... speaking of which... kinda fucked up that he said, "you can go now michael", when in fact we now know that he can not.

you're not thinking about it the right way. It's not that Michael isn't free to go, it's just that he wont go. It's a form of self-punishment.

To me it looks like Desmond is just tensing his face to prepare for impact rather than grinning. He isn't some heartless killer now; I don't think he's the type to grin when running a guy over in a wheelchair, even if his "flash" showed him as a threat.

Also, in regards to who's episode it is next week... not even the spoiler sites know that :lol I'm guessing it isn't going to focus on any one person in particular.

Dead

well not really...yet
I still can't believe they killed off Illana and her glorious Ta-Tas just like that :(

I hope she comes back as one of Hurley's ghosts

threenote

Banned
Nameless said:
no kidding

1 Your hope is here (12 sec)
2. there ain’t no turning around (12.2 sec)
3. sounds like “turn to that screen” (12.3 sec)
4. Don’t forget him (13 sec)
5. Is anyone awake (15 sec)
6. We should take him (16 sec)
Little Ben: Mom (20 sec)

**Ben see's his dead mother*

Whispering isn't exactly an exclusive ability. Given all of the clues It's obvious some where Others some were Ghosts.
I love this one:

After Jack runs into Juliet and Harper:

"Look out"
"Sarah, it's someone we know. Sarah, it's someone we know"
"I'm not answering"
"Answer them"
"We have our answer"
"Can we trust her?"

I'm guessing Christian says he knows Harper because Harper is already dead--and he's seen her on the Island with all his dead buddies. Harper is from the Season 4 episode, "The Other Woman."

InaudibleWhispa said:
To me it looks like Desmond is just tensing his face to prepare for impact rather than grinning. He isn't some heartless killer now; I don't think he's the type to grin when running a guy over in a wheelchair, even if his "flash" showed him as a threat.

Also, in regards to who's episode it is next week... not even the spoiler sites know that :lol I'm guessing it isn't going to focus on any one person in particular.
Agreed. I'm on Team Desmond isn't a Psycho.

I must be the only one who thought Libby was attractive in this episode. She was so kind to Hurley it sounded like what I want to hear from a woman.

I'm so lonely.

The Hermit

Below averange episode... killing Iliana like that was one of the stupidest kill in Lost and that is saying a lot ... there's no way someone didn't warned her about the instable dynamites.
That or they actually wanted her to die.

The way they explained the whispers was basically like "so the whispers are ghosts?! Cool."

Also, it was pretty obvious that Locke wanted to throw Desmond since the get go.

Hurley's "excuse" of meeting with Evil Locke so they didn't blow the plane is also one of the weakest ways of forcing the meeting of both teams. Lets also remind that Hurley did that just because Michael told him, and he was like "sure why not?"

Dissapointing epsiode after the insanity of last week.

the ending/gif part was cool though.

StuBurns

Banned
threenote said:
I love this one:

After Jack runs into Juliet and Harper:

"Look out"
"Sarah, it's someone we know. Sarah, it's someone we know"
"I'm not answering"
"Answer them"
"We have our answer"
"Can we trust her?"

I'm guessing Christian says he knows Harper because Harper is already dead--and he's seen her on the Island with all his dead buddies. Harper is from the Season 4 episode, "The Other Woman."
Harper was not dead, Darlton said it.

In fact, they said that the reason there were whispers was because "she's an other".

Cth said:
"What's the point of being afraid?"

MiB couldn't manipulate him, much like he couldn't manipulate Eko.. except there wasn't some kid warning him that he couldn't kill Eko back then.

Great point, brother. Cements my belief that the kid is Dead Jacob, alongside that smirk. Smokey could kill Eko because he wasn't one of Jacob's candidates, and because he couldn't manipulate him. Dead (Kid) Jacob showed up to warn Smokey that he couldn't kill Sawyer because he's a candidate and since Smokey could manipulate Sawyer anyway, he didn't push it. With Desmond, Dead (Kid) Jacob shows up again, implying that Desmond is a candidate or in some way under his protection, and Smokey tries to push the rules when he finds out Desmond can't be manipulated by throwing him into the well.
But, as the previews show, Desmond can't be killed by him. Or he knows and was just trying to get Desmond out of the way long enough.
All very interesting.

Arment

Dead said:
I still can't believe they killed off Illana and her glorious Ta-Tas just like that :(

:lol Yeah I didn't see that shit coming at all. My mom is down for a couple weeks and I explained to her real quick that Ilana was important because Jacob chose her to come and help the Losites. Not even two minutes later KABOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom