• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Zaraki_Kenpachi
Banned
(04-16-2012, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Socreges

NeoGAF used to be Gaming-Age Forums. Was referred to as 'GAF' for a while until the forum became much more important than the site itself. It basically split off to become 'NeoGAF'.

I remember in high school going to the library and going to gaming-age forums. :(
MutFox
(04-16-2012, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Wendel Clark

My team's about to get knocked out! I better mention the Leafs randomly!!

Hey good one!
Lone_Prodigy
(04-16-2012, 06:55 AM)
Hodgson wouldn't fix anything. Hate to say it, but neither would Daniel. Too many character guys and not enough top-end talent. Add a hot goalie into the mix and the Canucks get in trouble.

Look at last season. Crawford held the fort in Games 6 and 7. If it wasn't for Kesler and the Preds' lack of goal-scoring that series could've gone either way. The Canucks only had their way with the Sharks.

Someone mentioned how everyone is emulating the Boston model. That's what the Canucks did when they traded Hodgson for Kassian. Less skill, more size.

EDIT: if they get swept, I'm not sure if AV's job is safe. 6 seasons, 5 playoff appearances, 5 division titles, 1 Jack Adams, 2 President's Trophies. An impressive resume, but no Cups.

Then again, Trotz and Ruff are still coaching despite the lack of Cups. But they haven't had contenders for a few seasons now.
Last edited by Lone_Prodigy; 04-16-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Revenant
Patrick Kane @ St Patty's Day
(04-16-2012, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Lone_Prodigy

Someone mentioned how everyone is emulating the Boston model. That's what the Canucks did when they traded Hodgson for Kassian. Less skill, more size.

Kassian really isn't ready to assume that role though. Kassian could be solid, but funny a team traded a player who was a real contributor for a guy who is still developing. I'm assuming the Canucks didn't trade Hodgson for the thought of getting a straight up bruiser.
bishoptl
(04-16-2012, 06:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Wendel Clark

My team's about to get knocked out! I better mention the Leafs randomly!!

*shrug* Considering it's the post-season, take whatever crumbs we throw your way and be thankful.

Originally Posted by Revenant

I really wonder what happens if the nucks get swept.

...bad things
SpectreFire
GUYS.

GUYS.

WHERE'S CODY HODGSON.

I THINK WE MIGHT'VE LEFT HIM IN FUCKING BUFFALO.
Marvie_3

Originally Posted by negitoro7

Someone please obliterate Duncan Keith next season. Who knows what a difference our only fucking 30 goal scorer would have made this sad series.

Cake Boss
go home you're drunk
(04-16-2012, 07:01 AM)
So the Hawks still find a way to knock the Canucks out.
Revenant
(04-16-2012, 07:02 AM)

Originally Posted by Cake Boss

listening to some people, Duncan Keith is the devil and the cause of all problems in the city of Vancouver.
wsoxfan1214
RIP Vinnie

Originally Posted by negitoro7

Someone please obliterate Duncan Keith next season. Who knows what a difference our only fucking 30 goal scorer would have made this sad series.

Socreges
smarter than the average commie

Originally Posted by Lone_Prodigy

Too many character guys and not enough top-end talent.

What does this mean?

If the Canucks' PP was even close to as successful as it's been in the past (eg, first half of the season), this series would look very different right now. It was always going to be a tight series. There were always going to be games like the one today. The difference should have been the Canucks' strong PP. But it's been shit. You say the absence of Daniel and Hodson doesn't matter? They're both awesome on the PP.
Fei
(04-16-2012, 07:03 AM)
Kassian wasn't good enough to stay in Buffalo's lineup this year. No way he was good enough to make the Canucks' roster. Should have kept him developing in the AHL.. Easy to say that now, I know.
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

listening to some people, Duncan Keith is the devil and the cause of all problems in the city of Vancouver.

The general agreement is that that's Mason Raymond.
bishoptl
You gotta be trolling or plain dumb to downplay the significance of Daniel Sedin not playing in this series. I'm gonna go with the former.
Revenant
(04-16-2012, 07:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Fei

Kassian wasn't good enough to stay in Buffalo's lineup this year. No way he was good enough to make the Canucks' roster. Should have kept him developing in the AHL.. Easy to say that now, I know.

easy to say that then. that's the absolute truth about him.
Cactus
(04-16-2012, 07:04 AM)
It all started going downhill after you guys traded Sulzer.

HadesGigas
(04-16-2012, 07:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Cactus

It all started going downhill after you guys traded Sulzer.

Who needs Sulzer when you got Gragnani?? Assuming they do still have him cause I haven't seen him in weeks.
Fei
I just feel bad for Kassian because he's been put in a position to fail, and some will now look at him as a bust.

Edit: Sulzer. We only started losing when Sulzer couldn't dress. ;(
Marvie_3

Originally Posted by Cake Boss

Seems like the Canucks are doing a swell job knocking themselves out.
snack
Saka Saiyan
(04-16-2012, 07:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Fei

I just feel bad for Kassian because he's been put in a position to fail, and some will look at him as a bust.

Edit: Sulzer. We only started losing when Sulzer couldn't dress. ;(

I think of Kassian as a long term investment. Meh.
CrazedArabMan
(04-16-2012, 07:08 AM)
Welp, the same dang thing happened today that happened yesterday, every single team that I wanted to win won, except for one!!!!!!!!! Next Tuesday some other stupid team that I don't want to win (That means either the Devils or the Hawks) , needs to win so that Detroit can win their next game if this is the trend we are going to see! Yay superstitions!
Fei
(04-16-2012, 07:13 AM)

Originally Posted by HadesGigas

Who needs Sulzer when you got Gragnani?? Assuming they do still have him cause I haven't seen him in weeks.

Gragnani needed to play 14 games to still be a RFA next year. Looks like they played him the minimum amount of games and then have kept him on the bench since..
white dynamite
(04-16-2012, 07:14 AM)
HadesGigas
(04-16-2012, 07:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Fei

Gragnani needed to play 14 games to still be a RFA next year. Looks like they played him the minimum amount of games and then have kept him on the bench since..

Pretty much. And they sure got value out of him those 14 games...

Gragnani in Vancouver:
14GP 1G 2A 3P -4

Sulzer in Buffalo:
15GP 3G 5A 8P +2
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(04-16-2012, 07:16 AM)
Going to be a tough summer for Vancouver.
Marvie_3
(04-16-2012, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Going to be a tough summer for Vancouver.

Rioting will be over by summer
snack
Saka Saiyan
(04-16-2012, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Marvie_3

Rioting will be over by summer

But my heart will still be in pain.

Pepto-Bismol won't help either.
Smiley90
(04-16-2012, 07:33 AM)
I still can't believe we'll actually be out in the first round. I just can't comprehend.
Revenant
(04-16-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiley90

I still can't believe we'll actually be out in the first round. I just can't comprehend.

you still have a 4 percent chance!
RC
(04-16-2012, 07:35 AM)

It used to be the norm my friend. I still have vivid memories of 96 and 2001. This will sting worse then 2004.
bardia
(04-16-2012, 07:36 AM)

Let's get wasted on Wed, then once we are swept we can enjoy all the tears as teams are eliminated round by round
nasero
(04-16-2012, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by bardia

Let's get wasted on Wed, then once we are swept we can enjoy all the tears as teams are eliminated round by round

You need to bring Tabris and film it.
bardia
(04-16-2012, 07:39 AM)

Originally Posted by nasero

You need to bring Tabris and film it.

I live in the building next to Tabris, I'm sure he'll have hung himself from his balcony. I'll be sure to report.
RC
(04-16-2012, 07:40 AM)
Times like this make me wonder why I get so emotionally invested. I'd be a lot happier if I didn't care.
Smiley90
(04-16-2012, 07:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Desibabu

Times like this make me wonder why I get so emotionally invested. I'd be a lot happier if I didn't care.

Well, the theoretical return of the emotional investment would be huge if they won. IF.
SpacLock
(04-16-2012, 07:42 AM)

you still have a 4 percent chance!

Yeah, there's a chance alright.
vatstep
This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
(04-16-2012, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Desibabu

It's worth it, but I say that as someone who's been fairly spoiled, so... maybe don't listen to me.
Marvie_3
(04-16-2012, 07:43 AM)

Originally Posted by snack

But my heart will still be in pain.

Pepto-Bismol won't help either.

Your only option is to have Tabris put you out of your misery then. I suggest one of these guns for the job:

BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(04-16-2012, 07:44 AM)

Well, the theoretical return of the emotional investment would be huge if they won. IF.

The path that they've taken over the last two years have inflicted the maximum amount of pain and no gain. I think I'm done for the next few years personally. Hate the peaks and valleys too much.
RC
(04-16-2012, 07:45 AM)

Been waiting 22 years. Doesn't get any easier.
Tabris
flaming jackass
(04-16-2012, 07:45 AM)
Not over.
endresults
(04-16-2012, 07:46 AM)
How do you 'Nucks fans deal with all the diving? Ignore it, admit that it's embarrassing, cognitive dissonance? Vancouver is the closest NHL team to where I live, but I can't handle the way they conduct themselves on the ice. Kesler did a BARREL-ROLL from a little cross check to the back. I mean, that's just not possible from a physics standpoint.
Revenant
(04-16-2012, 07:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Tabris

Not over.

what a short response, pretty obvious your faith is waning
Smiley90
(04-16-2012, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by endresults

How do you 'Nucks fans deal with all the diving? Ignore it, admit that it's embarrassing, cognitive dissonance? Vancouver is the closest NHL team to where I live, but I can't handle the way they conduct themselves on the ice. Kesler did a BARREL-ROLL from a little cross check to the back. I mean, that's just not possible from a physics standpoint.

Could be worse, diving is still better than cheap headshots and elbows to the backhead. So... could be worse. Of course it's embarassing, but diving at least doesn't hurt anyone.
RC
(04-16-2012, 07:49 AM)

It sickens me to the point that sometimes I'd rather them lose the right way then win the wrong way. All the goodwill Kesler earned last post season is gone as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by RC; 04-16-2012 at 07:52 AM.
SpacLock
(04-16-2012, 07:51 AM)

Not over.

You're right, It's not over until Wednesday.
snack
Saka Saiyan
(04-16-2012, 07:52 AM)

Not over.

Holy my hand, Tabris! I'm in it for the long haul with choo!
Socreges
smarter than the average commie
(04-16-2012, 07:54 AM)
It was worth the emotional investment last season. The run was incredible. All the way to Game 7. Massive disappointment that still hurts (especially right now). But such an amazing experience. Makes me laugh when fans of teams that don't even make the playoffs try and rub it in. I think they're too far removed from playoff hockey to get it.

I think Kesler's lost his mind. Seems like a miserable person, always frustrated. And now he's done these two pathetic dives. Not a fan of his right now.
Tabris
flaming jackass
(04-16-2012, 07:56 AM)
I believe in Kesler, he'll do it. I believe in Henrik, he'll do it. I believe in the team, they'll do it.
19 & 21
(04-16-2012, 07:56 AM)
Someone needs to edit the tabris destiny avatar w/ a president's trophy.