• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
TqdXZ.png

7f5TM.png

Club Nintendo Rewards

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

• Sengoku 3 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

• Ben 10: Omniverse (D3 Publisher | €44.99 | £35.99 €29.99 | £29.99) (Price Cut)
  • Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft | €49.99 | £39.99 €39.99 | €29.99) (Price Cut)
  • ZombiU (Ubisoft | €69.99 | £54.99 €29.99 | £24.99) (Price Cut)

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Mario & Yoshi (Nintendo | NES | €4.99 | £3.49 €0.30 | £0.30) Latest release!
  • Spelunker (Tozai Games | €4.99 | £3.49 €3.49 | £2.39)

• Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward Technologies | €? | £?) Upcoming (06/27)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo | €39.99 | £34.99) Latest release!
  • 4 Elements (MSL | €11.99 | £10.79) Latest release!
  • Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games | €29.99 | £24.99) Latest release!
  • Luxor (MSL | €11.99 | £10.79) Latest release!
  • Petz Fantasy 3D (Ubisoft | €19.99 | £17.99) Latest release!
  • Tetris (Tetris Online | €9.99 | £8.99)

• Columns (SEGA | Game Gear | €3.99 | £3.59) Latest release!
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (SEGA | Game Gear | €2.99 | £2.69) Latest release!
  • Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (SEGA | Game Gear | €3.99 | £3.59) Latest release!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA | Game Gear | €4.99 | £4.49) Latest release!

Wii | Virtual Console

• The Path of the Warrior: Art of Fighting 3 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
gibkz.png

Wii U

• 3.0.1 System Software - May 21, 2013

Nintendo 3DS

• 6.1.0-12 (6.1.0-11 in the US) System Software - June 27, 2013

Wii

• 4.3 System Software - November 6, 2012

Nintendo DSi

• 1.4.5 System Software - December 11, 2012

ZXtEB.png

• NoE - June 27 Update
  • NoE - June 20 Update
  • NoE - June 13 Update
  • NoE - June 6 Update

Nv1e3.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software

• 8-Bit Boy (AwesomeBlade Software | 2013)
  • A World of Keflings (NinjaBee | 2013)
  • Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes (Nicalis | 2013)
  • Armikrog (Pencil Test Studios | 2014)
  • Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games | 2013)
  • Anima: Gate of Memories (Anima Game Studio | 2013)
  • Another Castle (Uncade | 2013)
  • Biker Bash (Slightly Mad Studios | 2013)
  • Blood of the Werewolf (Scientifically Proven | Q4 2013)
  • C-Wars (Onipunks | Q4 2013)
  • CastleStorm (Zen Studios | 2013)
  • Citizens of Earth (Eden Industries | 2013)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee Studios | 2013)
  • Coaster Crazy Deluxe (Frontier Developments | 2013)
  • Cosmic Highway (Maestro Interactive | 2013)
  • Cryamore (NostalgiCO | 2013)
  • Days of Dawn (Bumblebee | 2013)
  • DuckTales Remastered (Capcom | Q3 2013)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom | 2013)
  • Dusty Raging Fist (PD Design Studio | 2013)
  • Fade into Darkness (Maestro Interactive | 2013)
  • Festival of Magic (SnowCastle Games | 2013)
  • Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream (Black Forest Games | 2013)
  • Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment | 2013)
  • Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers (Rock Pocket Games | 2013)
  • Pier Solar HD (WaterMelon | 2013)
  • Pokémon Rumble U (Nintendo | ?)
  • QUBE (Toxic Games | 2013)
  • Road Redemption (DarkSeas Games | 2013)
  • Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko | 2013)
  • Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games | 2013)
  • Soul Saga (Disaster Cake | 2014)
  • Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games | 2013)
  • Super Ubie Land (Maestro Ineractive | 2013)
  • Tengami (Nyamyam | 2013)
  • Teslagrad (Rain Games | 2013)
  • The 90's Arcade Racer (Nicalis | 2013)
  • The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup (Gory Detail | 2014)
  • Two Brothers (Ackkstudios | 2013)
  • Unepic (EnjoyUp Games | 2013)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

• 3D Altered Beast (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Ecco the Dolphin (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Shinobi III (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Space Harrier (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Streets of Rage (SEGA | ?)
  • 3D Super Hang-On (SEGA | ?)
  • C-Wars (Onipunk | Q4 2013)
  • Carps & Dragons (Abylight | 2013)
  • Cult County (Renegade Kid | Q4 2013)
  • Cut the Rope (Zeptolab | 2013)
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia | Q3 2013)
  • KORG M01D (Detune | Q3 2013)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom | Q4 2013)
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward Technologies | 2013)
  • Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games | Q4 2013)
  • SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form | Q4 2013)
  • Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games | Q4 2013)
  • Vampire Crystals: Rebirth (Shanblue Interactive | 2013)

KuQGS.png

fM3VF.png

@MUWANdo

Banned
Third time's the charm:

NOA is not responsible for Picross-e. These games are developed and published by Jupiter. Complaining to NOA won't get you anywhere.

If you want to find out why NA is being snubbed, you need to ask Jupiter directly via this address:

products-info@jupiter.co.jp

You're more likely to get a reply if you write to them in Japanese, but I'm told they do at least read English messages, provided they're simple and concise.

Maybe someone can mock up a form letter that people can cut/paste, just to show Jupiter there's an audience waiting to buy their game?

(Alternatively, one of you eShop devs should just make your own picross app for the NA market. Seriously, you'd make a killing.)

Woah at Sengoku 3 for the Wii VC. I am pretty amazed at how many great later Neo games have been released for the VC. They really went beyond the usual repeats we saw on the SNK collections. Can't wait till those become available for the Wii-U VC!

I'm looking forward to Mutant Mudds Deluxe, I always wanted the original but never got round to getting it.

Hopefully its not lost in forever nothingness like Runner 2 to us NZ/Aus people.

1. Holy crap, D&D is coming? That is so mine!
2. Luigi's that soon? I kind of want to wait for the disc though...
3. Whoa, they still release Wii VC games? And Sengoku 3 is one of them? Do I want to dip into Wii mode, with its total lack of off tv play?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Woah at Sengoku 3 for the Wii VC. I am pretty amazed at how many great later Neo games have been released for the VC. They really went beyond the usual repeats we saw on the SNK collections. Can't wait till those become available for the Wii-U VC!

If this continues for even another few months the Neo Geo lineup on the VC will easily be the most complete lineup of any of the consoles.

Not sure where else to ask - is there any known glitch or bug that came with the 30c version of Punch Out in the WiiU VC?
One of the easiest enemies doesn't get hit when I try to attack during his only opening. Either I'm ,Metroid can't crawl'-ing, or there's something wrong with my EU version.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not sure where else to ask - is there any known glitch or bug that came with the 30c version of Punch Out in the WiiU VC?
One of the easiest enemies doesn't get hit when I try to attack during his only opening. Either I'm ,Metroid can't crawl'-ing, or there's something wrong with my EU version.

Input lag on your TV maybe?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shantae and MSF2 (which was confirmed as $5.99, BTW) for me. Hoping the other PxZ demo is out next week or so.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Mighty Switch Force HD is getting a free update today, too (plus an AU/NZ release, took 'em long enough). Reduced filesize, remastered audio (plus proper headphone support), "Pixel Patty" character skin.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mighty Switch Force HD is getting a free update today, too (plus an AU/NZ release, took 'em long enough). Reduced filesize, remastered audio (plus proper headphone support), "Pixel Patty" character skin.
It's already out. Downloaded it about 2 days ago. If it doesn't appear the first time you start the game out, exit out & try again.

Virtual Console on Wii U™
Yoshi – Originally released on the Game Boy system in 1992, Yoshi™ is an action/puzzle game starring Mario™ and Yoshi. Yoshi has been trapped in an egg, and it's up to Mario to save his friend, while also stopping an airborne invasion of enemies. As the Goombas, Bloopers and Boo Buddies fall from the sky, Mario must catch them on trays and stack pairs of two of a kind before the piles get too high. Match multiple pairs, raise your score and help Yoshi escape. Available to download on June 12, Yoshi is the sixth game released on the Virtual Console for the Wii U system to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Famicom. For a limited time, the game will be available for only 30 cents.

Spelunker™ – Spelunker is the weakest action hero in the history of video games whose colossal spirit for adventure is countered only by his miniscule threshold for pain. Wander through miles of uncharted caves in search of the legendary underground pyramid and its vast treasures. But beware of the scalding steam vents, poisonous bats and the avenging spirits of dead spelunkers that lurk in every corner of this massive underground labyrinth.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Animal Crossing™: New Leaf – As mayor of your own town, you make the decisions that shape your town and your life. In the Animal Crossing: New Leaf game, experience a living, breathing world where new friends and new discoveries await every day – morning, noon and night. Express yourself by customizing your character, your house and your town as you create your own ideal world. Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be released in retail stores, and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at midnight, on June 9.
 
Nintendo eShop Sale
Trine 2™: Director's Cut – Trine 2: Director's Cut is a side-scrolling action game that features physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic, wicked goblins to fight against and wondrous fairy tale lands as backdrops to the adventure. Download the game in the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console at a discounted price of $9.99 until 9 a.m. PT on June 27.

Also new this week:
• Marvel Avengers™: Battle for Earth – New price of $29.99 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Sengoku 3 (Virtual Console on Wii™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadz56H2w6j.php.

Spelunker? That's it?! :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trine 2 is going to be discounted to $9.99 until the 27th (50% off), according to Nintendo's press site. Otherwise, just Spelunker, Yoshi for 30 cents on the 12th, Sengoku 3 on Wii VC, AC: New Leaf on the 9th, and Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth being $29.99.

Mighty Switch Force HD Update now available for all regions apparently btw. Was only US last week .
Shows up in the eshop, but needs to happen automatically when opening the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FYI, to unlock Pixel Patty (which is just the sprite from the 3DS version), just complete any stage.

Ban Puncher

Mighty Switch Force HD finally available in Australia, but for $11?

I've waited this long, I can wait for a sale.

And Spelunker, one of the NES's most infamous shitty games. Oh goody.

DoubleTap

I haven't been hyped for a Nintendo download month in a long while. Dungeons and Dragons and Sengoku 3 will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine. Too bad I have to buy points separately, but no biggie.

VAPitts

Third time's the charm:

NOA is not responsible for Picross-e. These games are developed and published by Jupiter. Complaining to NOA won't get you anywhere.

If you want to find out why NA is being snubbed, you need to ask Jupiter directly via this address:

You're more likely to get a reply if you write to them in Japanese, but I'm told they do at least read English messages, provided they're simple and concise.

Maybe someone can mock up a form letter that people can cut/paste, just to show Jupiter there's an audience waiting to buy their game?

(Alternatively, one of you eShop devs should just make your own picross app for the NA market. Seriously, you'd make a killing.)

awww, but i wanna whine and complain...
obvious sarcasm

Roto13

I swear to god, if GTAV was on PS3, 360, and Wii U, and it got delayed to 2014, the resulting thread would be full of "FU Nintendo!!!!"

popyea

I must be the only one excited to buy Spelunker. I read someone describe the hero as the most frail in gaming history. That sounds like fun to me.

First week since they started Wiiu VC service where I don't buy anything because of no sale, discount, or must have game. See Nintendo?

n64coder

Third time's the charm:

Thanks for the advice. I wrote them a little email using Google translate. I pasted both the Japanese/English text into the email. Hopefully my message comes across clearly.

I think it would be more effective in each email was unique and not just a copy/pasta.

Holy shit Sengoku 3 is coming to Wii VC? I'm all over that. Now that the Wii is dead they are finally getting to the good Neo Geo games. I really hope the Neo Geo games come to Wii U VC as well, and not in drip-feed fashion.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Got a reply from asking about Picross games coming to NA:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about new Picross games. At this time, we haven't announced any plans for a release here in the Americas; however, I'm happy to forward your comments so your feedback will be heard.

There are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

I understand that there are (like you) real fans of these games and franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these titles on store shelves in the Americas. In fact, there are many of us here who share your interest in these titles. However, the number of interested fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here. On the other hand, there have been times when decisions were made to bring certain titles to the Americas after having been released exclusively in another market.

While I can't guarantee that new Picross games will be released here in the Americas, we do take all feedback into consideration. Your comments help us to understand what is important to our gamers.

As news comes available regarding future products, we post any announcements to our website (www.nintendo.com). Keep an eye on our site for all the latest information.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Mark Hakanson

Have you heard about our new home console? Learn more at http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/what-is-wiiu/.

Hmm, how well did the Picross games do in America? I remember seeing commercials for Picross 3D, but I don't know anyone outside of GAf who has actually played any of them.

I brought back Castlevania today and got Devil Survivor Overclocked. Do not regret it one bit since the patch seems to be working perfectly.

Top Bottom