• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2012

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
TqdXZ.png

7f5TM.png

Club Nintendo Rewards

• Dr. Mario Online Rx (Nintendo | WiiWare | 100 Points)
  • Dr. Mario Express (Nintendo | DSiWare | 150 Points)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo | Wii Virtual Console | 150 Points)
  • Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo | 3DS Virtual Console | 100 Points)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

Wii | Virtual Console

• No new releases to date.

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Nintendo DS | Demos and Extras (Available through the Wii's Nintendo Channel)

• Kirby Mass Attack (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Okamiden (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Sonic Colors (Sega | Demo Version)
  • Ivy the Kiwi? (XSEED Games | Demo Version)
  • Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Dragon Ball: Origins 2 (Namco Bandai | Demo Version)
  • Picross 3D (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking - Pots de Creme (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking - Roasted Red Potatoes (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson | Demo Version)
  • Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Fossil Fighters - Cleaning (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Fossil Fighters: Champions - Cleaning (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Personal Trainer: Math (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Crosswords DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Brain Age (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Brain Age 2 (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Flash Focus (Nintendo | Demo Version)

• Fossil Fighters - Neutral Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Water Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Fire Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Earth Gift Fossil (Nintendo)

vYU92.png

• Balloon Kid (Nintendo | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.70) Latest release!
  • Prince of Persia (Ubisoft | Game Boy Color | €5.00 | £4.50)
  • Trip World (Sunsoft | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.70)

Wii | WiiWare

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Nintendo DS | Demos and Extras (Available through the Wii's Nintendo Channel)

• Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Art Academy (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 1000 Cooking Recipes from Elle à Table (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson | Demo Version)
  • Picross 3D (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Nintendo Presents: Crossword Collection (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Nintendo Presents: Style Boutique (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Big Brain Academy (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 42 All-Time Classics - Checkers (Nintendo | DemoVersion)
  • Mario Kart DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Picross DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo | Demo Version)

uxwGK.png

Wii | WiiWare

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

gibkz.png

Nintendo 3DS

• 3.0.0-6 System Software - December 21, 2011

Wii

• 4.3 System Software - September 7, 2010

Nintendo DSi

• 1.4.3 System Software - June 30, 2011

jtZ7i.png

KuQGS.png

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Has there been any news on the international release of Monster World IV for Virtual Console? I haven't kept up with this stuff in ages.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has there been any news on the international release of Monster World IV for Virtual Console? I haven't kept up with this stuff in ages.

Has there been any news on the international release of Wario Land GB? I've been keeping up with this stuff intently :/

Brazil

Not yet.

Has there been any news on the international release of Wario Land GB? I've been keeping up with this stuff intently :/

Not yet. But it could show up anytime now. SML was released simultaneously in all regions, and SML2 was actually released in the West a month before Japan got it.

SML3 has been out in Japan for over two weeks now, so...

zigg

That background looks awful.

Hey Brazil, you think you could add a note in the OP that Pinball Pulse is finally available on the 3DS eShop now? Some people probably caught it in the last thread, but just in case... it should not be missed.

Brazil

That background looks awful.

Hey Brazil, you think you could add a note in the OP that Pinball Pulse is finally available on the 3DS eShop now? Some people probably caught it in the last thread, but just in case... it should not be missed.

Did NoE already put it up too, or was it only NoA?

Berordn

Still waiting? We just got Pinball Pulse in the US recently, I just transferred it over to my 3DS yesterday.

Bluh. You're right, I was thinking of Zen Pinball.

which is stupid because i was excited about transferring Pinball Pulse to my 3DS yesterday

SmithnCo

The BGs for Kid Icarus do look a bit out of place, still excited for that though, one of my favorite NES games.

thomaser

That looks awful. Why would they make backgrounds that are not even remotely possible in the actual NES game?

I like that they try different things with each 3D Classics game. In this, they add new backgrounds and keep the foreground as it was. In Kirby, Xevious and Twinbee, they just give the background a 3D effect. In Urban Champion they play around with the perspective a lot, and Excitebike gets polygonal backgrounds and a very cool way to change the perspective. I hope they continue experimenting with different styles, even if not all of them turn out to be impressive or "fitting".

Javier

I think the main reason they added the colored backgrounds in 3D Kid Icarus is to prevent ghosting which easily happens on black backgrounds. VVVVVV is a prime example of that.

TheNatural

My Member!
Anyone remember that game called Retro City Rampage that has been in development forever? I saw a Christmas update on the guy's devlepment blog that says he's pretty close to being finished.

TheNatural

My Member!
I thought that was XBLA exclusive now?

It's supposed to come out on XBLA first, and Wiiware later supposedly. And the guy hinted at "more platformers so everyone can play" - so maybe a Steam release or something is brewing too it sounds like.

t’s been an incredible year of non-stop development, events, speaking and learning.
Retro City Rampage has come a long way, becoming the massive game I always dreamed it could be. It’s packing over 50 story missions, over 30 arcade challenges, over 25 weapons and power-ups, over 40 vehicles, a massive interactive open-world to explore with over 70 interiors, over 100 character customizations and crazy crossovers including a ‘Splosion Man one. You’ll have hours upon hours of fun with it, guaranteed.

I can’t even begin to tell all you just how much appreciate your patience. RCR’s finally near the finish line but as it’s being developed almost entirely by one man (from programming to design, business, PR, etc.) things have taken quite a while. The game itself is nearly done but many business tasks, much testing and some platform requirements still need to be taken care of. Behind the scenes, I’ve had to battle many major bumps in the road over the past few years, including very recently. However, I pushed though them all and in the end everything’s turned out for the better. Even more great things are happening right now which I can’t yet announce, but what I will say is that when the game finally launches, nearly EVERYONE will be able to play it ;)

I wish I could announce a release date but even when development is complete, games must go through testing and certification, then sit in a waiting list for a release week. Until this is underway, a specific release date can not be announced, but again I really appreciate everyone’s patience.

http://retrocityrampage.com/blog/

I think this is the best 3D Classics : Kid Icarus screenshot:
3DC_KidIcarus_Screen1a_ALL.jpg

At least the background feels plausible and does not randomly clash with the style. Maybe the whole thing looks better in actual 3D...

I'm not a fan of the border graphics though but I understand their presence (Kid Icarus does a lot of leave the left of the screen appear on right) though its a shame they couldn't have added some HUD elements to it. Things like EXP (are they still going to keep this as a hidden number).

GeekyDad

Just noticed Samurai Sword Destiny on the list for America. UFO is really one of the early folks to do 3DSWare? Can't wait to see how this one reviews.

watershed

Banned
Speaking of Nintendo downloads, Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid recently blogged about eshop pricing, investment, and making money on games: http://joolswatsham.blogspot.com/2012/01/where-do-prices-of-video-games-come.html?spref=tw

I think this is a choice quote:
… however, the reality is that we can’t sell Mutant Mudds for $40, for many reasons. OK, so let’s go to the other end of the spectrum and price it at $1 with our cut still being 50%. Oh wow, we would need to sell 200,000 copies to make our $100,000 back. Hm, that might be a tricky goal to achieve. Time for some perspective: our best selling DS game has sold around 100,000 copies worldwide. Based on how the average original non-licensed game sells on the DS market, 100,000 copies is a big success. On a side note, we saw no profits from this title due to the broken business model of retail – but that’s a different story. OK, back on topic. Based on historical sales data, it’s probably best to assume the game will sell around 30,000 copies – tops – in its lifetime. It could certainly be a lot less, or a lot more. That’s the roll the dice.

I wonder if the second bolded part is based on eshop sales data or dsi shop or wiiware or a combination of all. Either way 30,000 is not a lot. Sounds like Nintendo needs to do something to help promote DD. I wonder what the LTD on the Mighty series or GO series is?

For Dillon's Rolling Western the development studio is "not shown", so it's pretty likely from Grezzo, isn't it?

No, they usually show Greezo as the author for games that they make (that's how we found out about their involvement in OoT 3D and FSAnniversary) They don't usually do this, but they have done so before with the OFLC (Super Mario Sunshine's developer is listed as "not shown" for instance, when we know it was made by EAD)

Would be a lot on their plate if they are indeed DRW's developer! I still reckon that it's EAD though.

Only thing that it tells us for sure is that it's not an NST, or otherwise western made title (making the name a bit of a misnomer!)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There is no way we'll know the 4 games that will be rotated in on Club Nintendo as downloads before the 10th will we?

Also I'm jealous of Nintendo EU offering that free Kid Icarus download.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Anyone know when Nintendo is sending the code for the free Kid Icarus ?

January 5, iirc.

There is no way we'll know the 4 games that will be rotated in on Club Nintendo as downloads before the 10th will we?

It's actually the 12th, I think, and no, although they did say they'll be picking the games based on "customer feedback" or something, so I guess they'll be picked games that rated high on the club surveys/eShop reviews.

I'm furious right now on 2 levels:

1) I just found out about Pinball Pulse being on eShop only to be shattered that it's not on the AU store :( That better be just a delay....
2) Club Nintendo UK site is absolute BALLS. I registered OOT and SM3DL days after they came out but the site still tells me i need to register one more game for free Kid Icarus 3D. That is, when it's not 404'ing its ass off while i try and login, try and contact them, or basically click ANYWHERE on that POS site!

wsippel

Banned
I wonder if the second bolded part is based on eshop sales data or dsi shop or wiiware or a combination of all. Either way 30,000 is not a lot. Sounds like Nintendo needs to do something to help promote DD. I wonder what the LTD on the Mighty series or GO series is?
Nintendo already does a lot more to promote DD titles, with the weekly notifications they send out and free games and apps to get people to visit the eShop.

CraigMcD

I'm furious right now on 2 levels:

1) I just found out about Pinball Pulse being on eShop only to be shattered that it's not on the AU store :( That better be just a delay....
2) Club Nintendo UK site is absolute BALLS. I registered OOT and SM3DL days after they came out but the site still tells me i need to register one more game for free Kid Icarus 3D. That is, when it's not 404'ing its ass off while i try and login, try and contact them, or basically click ANYWHERE on that POS site!
You need to register the games within a certain time frame. Registering OoT on release means that it wouldn't count.

watershed

Banned
Nintendo already does a lot more to promote DD titles, with the weekly notifications they send out and free games and apps to get people to visit the eShop.

Is this new? I've never gotten a weekly notification for new eshop games and have long complained that its something Nintendo should do.

Nintendo is definitely doing more for 3rd parties on the 3ds but if 30,000 LTD sales is a solid expectation for what I think is likely to be a top tier eshop game, then that's a pretty poor showing.

I hope we get numbers for eshop games in the future. I'm very curious to know how Freaky Forms, Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force and others have sold.

Top Bottom