• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Created by and starring Lena Dunham ("Tiny Furniture"), the show is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their mid-20s. Dunham wrote and directed the pilot of the series, which she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner.  The cast also includes Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky.  Shot in New York, the 12-episode third season premieres in January 2014.

Videos

Girls Season 3: Trailer
Girls Season 3: Trailer #2

Season 2 recap

dbztrk

I hope this season is better than the last because I was barely able to get through last season and with the Charlie character gone (the only hot male cast member) Lena and company are gonna have to go all out. Lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No one else wanted to make the thread, so I figured I would. *shrug*

Females Only

In the Season 3 premiere, Hannah tries to keep her OCD under control as she focuses on living with Adam and her writing career. Meanwhile, Adam has an unpleasant encounter with Natalia at Ray's new coffee shop; Marnie and Shoshanna attend a dinner party at Hannah and Adam's; and Jessa doesn't make many friends in her new surroundings.

Truth or Dare

Hannah reunites with Jessa on a road trip with Adam and Shoshanna; Marnie moves into her own apartment.

KingGondo

Banned
I both hate and sorta like this show.

Pretty painful most of the time, and not in a good way. And all of the characters are intensely unlikable.

It has its moments though.

Thanks for making the thread, Ratsky.

Sounds like there's a mild upturn in quality this season, but I don't know if it'll be enough for me to stick with the show. At the very least, I'll watch a few and see how it's going before making a decision.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Charlie is gone?

I don't remember him leaving at the end of season two, I don't remember a lot about Season two actually.

Exokell

Banned
yeah last season wasnt good, jessa is one of the interesting characters in the show and they cut her like half of the season

Divius

Loved the first season so much, disliked the second and almost did not finish. Depending on the reviews I will return to this and binge it when the season is done.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm cautiously optimistic. The second trailer is such a hot mess that I can't not watch the show.

Ionian

Last season was atrocious, barely made it through to the end. I'll wait to see what the general consensus is before even thinking about watching another episode.

It'll be tough knowing that I'm missing such edgy nudity and public pissing but I think i'll hold strong.

jacobs34

I want to like this show so much, but last year I checked out about half way through. Will watch an episode or two this year to see if the show takes a step forward or not.

iammeiam

Will watch in confused fascination. Sometimes I think this show has perspective on its characters as awful people, sometimes the season two finale happens and tries to portray the Hannah/Adam ending as progress and romantic and it's gross. It would probably be better if the show didn't persist in wanting to be 'real', since its characters inhabit a world that is only reality for a tiny tiny group of people.

But I will still watch, because on the occasions when the show is telling the same story I think I'm watching, I like it.

kingocfs

Will hate-watch it for a bit but yeah, Adam being the only intriguing character says all you need to know about the state of this show.

Also note:
Mashable said:
HBO will upload the first two episodes of Girls season three onto the network’s YouTube channel on Jan. 13 at 10 a.m. ET, just 12 hours after they premiere on HBO.

Rather than requiring fans to watch live during Sunday’s two-part premiere or forcing them to catch up using its HBO GO subscription service, offering the episodes for free on YouTube is one way the network is courting the show’s active online fan base.

“For us, this is an increasingly challenging demographic to reach with traditional means,” Sabrina Caluori, HBO’s vice-president of social media and marketing, told Mashable.

Adam, Ray, and Shoshanna are the only reasons to watch this show. Season 2 bordered on unwatchable. But I'll trenchantly, masochistically, intrepidly push forward anyway. I watched Weeds to the bitter end, I can stomach another season before this tripe gets canceled.

BearPawB

Banned
Adam, Ray, and Shoshanna are the only reasons to watch this show. Season 2 bordered on unwatchable. But I'll trenchantly, masochistically, intrepidly push forward anyway. I watched Weeds to the bitter end, I can stomach another season before this tripe gets canceled.

Agreed.

I have a soft spot for Marnie tool. Her singing Kanye last season was the most brilliant purposeful cringe of all time.

I can't stand Jessa. I simply don't believe her character exists in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom