• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
2nd smart thing Kahn has done in his tenure. I detest shittydala but that is a terrible trade. Rod Thorn should retire.

How could the management of an organization be this incompetent? I can understand things like infighting between branches of a corporation or just plain old shortsightedness, but at this rate the t-wolves are either intentionally trying to become permacrud at the bottom of the league or are hopeless.
You aren't irrelevant for 20 years by chance

This is the game where Melo plays pretty great and leads the Knicks to a dramatic loss that gets Knicks fans excited for going back home. Game 3 will be the dramatic Knicks choke that rips their heart out and Game 4 will be the second Knicks blowout loss.
the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

You should work for TNT

h3ro

This is the game where Melo plays pretty great and leads the Knicks to a dramatic loss that gets Knicks fans excited for going back home. Game 3 will be the dramatic Knicks choke that rips their heart out and Game 4 will be the second Knicks blowout loss.
You didn't take LJ, Allan Houston and Oak suddenly running out in uniform in game 3 in to account! It can happen! ANYTHING IS POSSSSSIBLEEEEEE.

Who am I kidding, we'll get Charles Smith and like it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Brilliant.

Could the Jazz not have done better than Martell Webster for him?

Considering the Jazz's cap situation, it would probably have to be something like Al for Iggy since the other guys on the team don't make enough to match his salary (other than Harris who is a bad fit for Philly) and we don't have cap space.

I could see that trade happening if neither does much in the first-round really. Iggy could be better in a situation where he would never have to worry about making clutch plays (and just have Hayward and Millsap take all the shots in the last five minutes). Al's played good this year though...

diehard

Fleer
I think the same thing, except the part about Melo playing pretty great.

Considering the Jazz's cap situation, it would probably have to be something like Al for Iggy since the other guys on the team don't make enough to match his salary (other than Harris who is a bad fit for Philly) and we don't have cap space.
Philly clearly wanted an expiring contract, and the Jazz have the same cap situation as the TWolves. CJ + Howard would have worked.

Srsly

Banned
The good think about Shumpert's injury is that Knicks fans will have most of next year to be optimistic...err delusional about how things will suddenly turn around once Shumps returns.

diehard

Fleer
knicks will be 3rd or 4th seed next season.amare has to go so we can get other players.

Nobody, and i mean nobody will take Amare. Sorry.

If only there was some sort of .. clause... that they could use to get out of his contract.

omg 23 mil in 14-15, sorry but the Knicks are screwed

165 million to Melo and Amare, bwahahaha

Wake up to see that Jordan Hill is going to prison. We finally get a surprise off the bench, something that hasn't happened for us in a long time and this shit happens. I guess McRobs gets minutes now :(

h3ro

Amare for David Lee, straight up.
Deal.

THE KNICKS ARE BACK TO NOT BEING BACK.

we can only hope he regains some modicum of health at this point and can contribute in some way for the rest of his deal. What else can we do?

I think the same thing, except the part about Melo playing pretty great.

Philly clearly wanted an expiring contract, and the Jazz have the same cap situation as the TWolves. CJ + Howard would have worked.

Hmm, I thought the Wolves had 10m in cap space going into the year. A Webster for Iggy trade doesn't work in the CBA otherwise (since Webster makes 5m a year and Iggy makes 14m), but they don't actually have any cap space.

Damn was last season for Amare just an abberation or does he not just give a fuck this year? Last year you wouldve caught me saying Amare was better than Bosh..

Edit:Injuries....

dream

Plus Amare was all like "yo I'm making New York basketball relevant again" last year, then Carmelo went home and stole the spotlight from him.

Hmm, I thought the Wolves had 10m in cap space going into the year. A Webster for Iggy trade doesn't work in the CBA otherwise (since Webster makes 5m a year and Iggy makes 14m), but they don't actually have any cap space.
A beat reporter just mentioned it randomly when he was doing a fan chat thing online. I'm sure there was more to the deal than he let on

Canuck76

Banned
i would take that bet 100/100 times, but you don't even have a tag.

Can't we just get a mod to tag us? In any event i think it's a 20% chance knicks actually win. But i was arguing Melo would bring it and you (probably rightly) told me i was wrong.

If Knicks win i want a Brandon roy tribute avatar or a "Canuck was right" avatar. Haven't decided which yet

diehard

Fleer
Can't we just get a mod to tag us? In any event i think it's a 20% chance knicks actually win. But i was arguing Melo would bring it and you (probably rightly) told me i was wrong.

If Knicks win i want a Brandon roy tribute avatar or a "Canuck was right" avatar. Haven't decided which yet

Tags have to be earned yo.

If the Heat win you get a G-TIME avatar.

Canuck76

Banned
Tags have to be earned yo.

If the Heat win you get a G-TIME avatar.

Oh hell at Rondo getting suspended.

G-time is Hayward i presume? I'll wear any avatar as long as it's not sexually explicit or anything like that.

How long? I say about a month is a good period of time

giri

How did you get that out of my message is beyond me. He attacked Lakers age and I called out his hypocrisy, that's all. His hate on everything Lakers is well documented, which isall well and good. But when he extends such hate to the fans I think I have the right to defend myself.

My hate on all things Lakers?

You just keep re-writing history buddy.

Now go back into your delusional castle.

RBH

From my vantage point in the arena, I couldn't even tell that Rondo bumped the ref and I just thought he was being ejected for something he said to the ref after being given the tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom