• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead, he fielded a unit of guards Klay Thompson and Charles Jenkins, forwards Chris Wright and Jeremy Tyler, and Mickell Gladness at center. Thompson, Jenkins and Tyler are all Warriors draft picks, while Wright was a training camp invitee and Gladness joined the team after signing a 10-day contract earlier this month.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, which has been tracking the stat since the 1970-71 season, it's the first time an NBA team has started five rookies in a game.

A+ for effort

Will Tony Allen guard Chris Paul???

He should.

I think in the 4th he should. Especially if it's close.

I wouldn't start him on CP3. I'd let him play Foye. Here's the thing about the Clippers. They can't win without a 3rd scorer which happens often. Caron Butler is more like Caron Gomes of late and gay can handle him. I'd have Allen on Foye early to take him completely out of rhythm. Once that's done, then if needed, he can guard CP3.

All Memphis has to do is rebound defensively and prevent the other guys after Cp3 and Blake and it's their series. I'd even gamble less for steals since LAC are a low TO team and as long as no one else gets going, shouldn't matter.

On paper, I feel like the Grizz should handle them pretty easily. They are better at 3 of the 5 spots without question and the other spot is at worst a wash (Griff +kenyon vs Zbo + Speights). Cp3 ain't enough.

Wouldn't it be funny if Cp3 loses in 5 this year after losing in 6 last year?

Yeah, he likely will and Conley will slide over to Caron or something.

Foye/Mo. gay will squarely take care of Butler/Simmons.

Will be interesting if VDN tries the Cp3-Mo-Foye lineup again. Could spell disaster in this series.

Gabyskra

Banned
Conley and Gay defend well. Maybe they'll be selective and only put Allen on CP3 in the 4th. Same with other teams, put Allen on LeBron in the 3rd.

On paper, I feel like the Grizz should handle them pretty easily. They are better at 3 of the 5 spots without question and the other spot is at worst a wash (Griff +kenyon vs Zbo + Speights). Cp3 ain't enough.

I think Griffin is gonna get shutdown this series and Gasol is gonna abuse Jordan.

If the Grizz can take away ***** **** and Mo, this series is a wrap.

I agree, if the weight of winning or losing falls squarely at CP3's feet, this could be a bad situation.

Lionel Hollins will outcoach VDN for sure. How great CP3's resolve (and how minor his groin pull is) will decide the outcome here.

Is there going to be a playoff bracket maker? If not there should be.

This? http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/predictions

FeFnx.jpg

My 2nd worst nightmare after this but Boston in place of Miami. :(

Ryu - don't think Griff gets shut down (Zbo and Speights ain't great defenders) but I don't think it matters anyway. One thing I do wonder about is whether Jordan's height will bother Marc (he struggles against height).

I think the series lives and dies on butler. If he can't be Caron Butler at least Dallas good, they're cooked.

edit: lol, just got Utah to the WCF. 2% chance vs OKC. I was so hoping for that Pacers-Jazz finals. Would have been amazing. Alas, OKC beat Boston.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
did we ever do the end of season awards thing?
End of playoffs usually.

Whatever JT feels like, that's his thing. Rodeo typically does the Offseason OT but I may do it this year.

And wtf is the chat link reilo. I won't be working suicide hours forever. God help you all when I'm a regular fucking college student again.

aznpxdd

End of playoffs usually.

Whatever JT feels like, that's his thing. Rodeo typically does the Offseason OT but I may do it this year.

And wtf is the chat link reilo. I won't be working suicide hours forever. God help you all when I'm a regular fucking college student again.

College? How old are you DY?

Bulls in 6
Knicks in 6
Indy in 7
Boston in 6

Spurs in 5
OKC in 5
Lakers in 6
Clippers in 7

Knicks are going to punch Miami in the mouth. They are too undersized; Chandler will cover Bosh primarily/act as a floater in the paint to deter casual drives, Shump and JR will make life difficult for Wade, STAT and the other bigs will neutralize the Heat "bigs", and we'll dare LBJ to win by himself, ala Kobe v. the Pistons in 2004.

Then, Lin will rise like Lazarus in the second round to stabilize our PG play and we'll make a crazy 1999 run to the Finals. This is all scientific fact, by the way.

Owzers

I want to see the Knicks beat the Heat and Nuggets beat the Lakers :) Tmw can't come soon enough. Sad thing is, Knicks only look good 10% of the time and completely terrible the other 90%. Gimme that 10% !

Let's be honest here. Wade is not getting past Shump in 7 games. Especially with LeDefer.

I know you're half kidding but this is a legit concern. If Wade is having a hard time LBJ and Bosh gotta pick it iup. Shumpert defended him very well the last time out. I can see Wade getting frustrated and spending too much time bitching at refs and then disaster strikes. I gotta admit I am slightly terrified but our two guys love playing at the garden so that is that

my god the dolphins have turned me into pessimistic pete

charsace

Knicks vs Heat playoff series. Someone has to get two pieced or something. Because I couldn't stand it if they played pussy ball.

SamuraiX-

In games that were within six points at the end of the 4th quarter, the Heat were 10-1 in the East Playoffs last year.

Yup.

Is Chuck high?

"The Nuggets are just as big as the Los Angeles Lakers! UPSET SPECIAL! PAU GASOL AND ANDREW BYNUM AIN'T GOT SHIT ON KOSTA KOUFOS AND JAVALE MCGEE"

Hard to ever tell if he's trolling or just an idiot.

Vestal

Gold Member
First round Predictions.

Eastern Conference.

Chicago in 5(if rose is still to messed up maybe 6)
Miami in 5(If we get WorstAnthony its in 4)
Indiana in 5(maybe 4, orlando is depleted to hell and back)
Boston in 6

West
Spurs in 4
Dallas in 6( Dirk turns on God Mode)
Lakers in 6(Denver is a very complete team)
Grizz in 5

2nd Round
Miami over Indiana in 5
Boston over Chicago in 6
Grizz vs Spurs(winner here gets to Finals)
Dallas over Lakers in 6

ECF
Maimi over Boston in 6

WCF
Grizz or Spurs over Dallas in 6

Finals
Miami over Grizz or Spurs in 6( If its the spurs then Miami in 5)

WOW@ Miami's path to the ECF. What an utter fucking joke... god I hate the Easter Conference. I hate it so fucking much...

There is no greater justice in sports than the dominance the West has had over that conference for the past several years. That's for damn sure.

Several years? Try the past 10 years.

Knicks vs Heat playoff series. Someone has to get two pieced or something. Because I couldn't stand it if they played pussy ball.

If there's a fight it's going to be between the scrubs. This isn't the late 90s. These guys are friends =/

the Heat don't really have any goons though or fight initiators and neither do the Knicks....Wade would actually probably be the one to start any altercation I think

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm conflicted. I love laughing at NY, but I'd love to see Miami get embarrassed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom