• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

I just find it interesting how the Clippers of all teams are producing so much animosity and hate from people. I just don't get it. I mean no offense to Adam and the Clippers fans here but we're talking about THE CLIPPERS. We're not talking about the Heat, Lakers, Celtics. Come on folks.

I'm still amazed the clippers had fans before Blake.

They play a disgusting type of ball that exploits an aspect that is disliked by most basketball fans. The dislike was there most of the season but with there being only 5 active series going on they currently account for 20% of ball avid fans watch. The further they go the more hate they'll get for playing the way they do.

Pretty simple really.

Dude. They're the Clippers. THE CLIPPERS! I can't emphasize this enough. I mean come on. I don't care if every single player on the team flops on every single play, if the refs are going to give them the call then fuck, why shouldn't they. This whole concept of unwritten rules is just dumb already. It's dumb in every sport. Don't get pissed at the players for playing within the confines of the rules. Get pissed at the league and the refs were allowing said rules to be there and abused in the first place.

THEY'RE THE CLIPPERS!

Dude. They're the Clippers. THE CLIPPERS! I can't emphasize this enough. I mean come on. I don't care if every single player on the team flops on every single play, if the refs are going to give them the call then fuck, why shouldn't they. This whole concept of unwritten rules is just dumb already. It's dumb in every sport. Don't get pissed at the players for playing within the confines of the rules. Get pissed at the league and the refs were allowing said rules to be there and abused in the first place.

THEY'RE THE CLIPPERS!

I don't give a fuck if it was the Bobcats, it's disgusting. Some unwritten rules are dumb, I don't think this is one of them.

It's similar to how I feel about free speech. You can say whatever dumb racist sexist shit you want, but I'm allowed to call you a shithead for it.

And yes I compared The Clips to racists and sexists, something something Donald Sterling.

I don't give a fuck if it was the Bobcats, it's disgusting. Some unwritten rules are dumb, I don't think this is one of them.

It's similar to how I feel about free speech. You can say whatever dumb racist sexist shit you want, but I'm allowed to call you a shithead for it.

And yes I compared The Clips to racists and sexists, something something Donald Sterling.

I despise Sterling as much as anybody else but in terms of basketball, IMO, hate on the stupid rule itself, not the player who is abusing said rule.

thekad

Banned

But Fisher, Pau, and Kobe flopped all the time.

Just admit you're feeling insecure.

Shutup with this "its within the rules" crap. It isn't, and just because it isn't enforced doesn't mean you can't hate on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

Ok, and have there been any fines for overt flops? Not that I can remember. The onus is on the league to put a stop to such abuse. If the league isn't going to man up and do it then let the players flop around like fishes out of water for all I care. Have every single player pull a Wade or a Blake instead of crying about it and maybe enough negative press will finally push the league to step up to the plate. Until then, fuck Stern, Jackson, and the refs for allowing this shit.

KingGondo

Banned
Gondo, you lucked into stealing a team, so glass houses, etc.
I happened to live in an area with businessmen smart enough to seize the opportunity that the Sonics presented. Clay Bennett might be a scumbag, but he knows how to run a basketball team.

My animus for the Clips isn't new. You know this.

Donald Sterling is a piece of shit but I can't really say anything bad about the Clips....I don't think there's one team that is the consensus likable team...Hell I root for the Heat and there's tons of shit I dont like about them (shit fanbase, the team's tendency to coast way too much)

SUPREME1

Banned
I agree. Is the fact that the Clippers are having some success for once in years bothering people that much?

It just seems so silly and I've never seen as much pettiness and animosity towards them except as seen on GAF.

I think people were genuinely rooting for the Clippers to finally have some success... But over the course of the season, people started to see things that turned them off (the endless flopping by the team's two best players, Blake's crying about fouls, Paul's douchiness becoming more apparent now that he's in a bigger market and has gotten more exposure, etc).

Don't blame people for turning on them. Blame the Clippers. If they stopped with the flopping, that alone would likely end all the negativity they are getting. You (and others) defending the flopping 'because it works' doesn't help their case either.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Donald Sterling is a piece of shit but I can't really say anything bad about the Clips....I don't think there's one team that is the consensus likable team...Hell I root for the Heat and there's tons of shit I dont like about them (shit fanbase, the team's tendency to coast way too much)

How are the Bulls unlikable? Maybe Boozer for betraying a blind man, but that's about it.

diehard

Fleer
I can't really say anything bad about the Clips...
icmn4xlFlSvn8.gif

Nobody is saying you can't hate both. I'm just saying that I think it's somewhat dumb to be hating on a player working within the confines of the rules.

I can hate abusive parents and a justice system that doesn't punish them.

I can hate slave owners and laws put in place to protect them.

The dude who took a jab at CP's dead grandfather was within the rules, the guy in the Utah crowd making fun of Fisher's daughter was within the rules. Fuck both of those guys.

I can hate abusive parents and a justice system that doesn't punish them.

I can hate slave owners and laws put in place to protect them.

The dude who took a jab at CP's dead grandfather was within the rules, the guy in the Utah crowd making fun of Fisher's daughter was within the rules. Fuck both of those guys.

Yes, because insults are the equivalent of flopping within a game. Come on bro.

I don't understand how, when you consider some of the irrational shit players like LeBron and KObe get hated on for on this board, all of a sudden not liking players for incessant flopping is somehow out of line? The other day Blake Griffin flopped AFTER DUNKING ON SOMEONE.

Yes, because insults are the equivalent of flopping within a game. Come on bro.

To me flopping is worse than most insults. As long as it pertains to the game and doesn't get too personal then it's 100% great.

Flopping gives defenders an undeserved foul that a lot of the time they can not avoid, potentially gives the flopper and his team points and halts the game for fraudulent BS.

Nothings worse than FT parades except undeserved FT parades.

I don't understand how, when you consider some of the irrational shit players like LeBron and KObe get hated on for on this board, all of a sudden not liking players for incessant flopping is somehow out of line? The other day Blake Griffin flopped AFTER DUNKING ON SOMEONE.

For me, it's because I don't see the Clippers as being relevant AT ALL where as the Heat are relevant. Also, there is a difference IMO for hating on the Heats off court antics then playing within the rules, even if certain acts are annoying.

For me, it's because I don't see the Clippers as being relevant AT ALL where as the Heat are relevant. Also, there is a difference IMO for hating on the Heats off court antics then playing within the rules, even if certain acts are annoying.

If they become relevant, you would be bothered? Let's say Clips add the one player that could get them the chip, then it's okay to call out on them? This is now bothering me.

If they become relevant, you would be bothered? Let's say Clips add the one player that could get them the chip, then it's okay to call out on them? This is now bothering me.

Yes, it would bother me more but not as much as it bothers some of the folks here. Irrelevancy doesn't bother me. If LeBron was on the Bobcats I couldn't give a shit about him. He is on a team that has a chance to solidify a legacy as a franchise and to help his individual legacy. So yes, he doing certain things annoys me more than if it was Mo Williams doing the same things.

Jeff-DSA

I don't care if the Clips are the best or worst team in the league. The flopping they do is disgusting and nothing short of poor sportsmanship.

I used to tease the FThunder for foul baiting, and it is a bit cheesy, but it's another thing entirely to just throw yourself to the ground or act like you've been hit in the face when you've barely taken any contact at all. FThunder was devious, but at least actual contact is occurring with the rip moves and rim diving.

Jeff-DSA

I don't care if the Clips are the best or worst team in the league. The flopping they do is disgusting and nothing short of poor sportsmanship.

I used to tease the FThunder for foul baiting, and it is a bit cheesy, but it's another thing entirely to just throw yourself to the ground or act like you've been hit in the face when you've barely taken any contact at all. FThunder was devious, but at least actual contact is occurring with the rip moves and rim diving.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still think Chicago is the perfect place for Nash. Start at PG for first half of next season for the Bulls. Make Boozer good with the Pick and Roll again. Rose can use 12/13 as a recovery year and play SG. Could still contend for a title.
Nash will be in Miami, and be too expensive for Chicago. He doesn't want to come here to be a backup for Rose (though, I would start him). Nash isn't coming here. :(

I don't see how Nash would fit in Miami's system at all. You would then have 3 guys who need to be ball dominant to be effective. What's the sense in that?

linsivvi

I agree. Is the fact that the Clippers are having some success for once in years bothering people that much?

It just seems so silly and I've never seen as much pettiness and animosity towards them except as seen on GAF.

I don't care what team CP3 plays for, I've been one of his biggest fans and I've been saying he's the best PG in the league (He still is). It's just intolerable the amount of flopping he and Griffin did throughout the season. They are too good to need to flop. Flopping should be something exclusively reserved for scrubs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Surprised nobody mentioned anything about Birdman.

Team told him to go away from the team as he deals with that investigation. Pretty obvious, but confirmed hes not playing for the Nuggets tonight or ever again really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom