• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
FYI: Lollinger's article/picks:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/play...27&_slug_=nba-playoffs-predicting-every-round

East:
Bulls over Sixers in 5
Heat over Knicks in 6
Celtics over Hawks in 6
Pacers over Magic sweep

Bulls over Celtics in 7
Heat over Pacers in 7

Heat over Bulls in 6

West:
Spurs over Jazz in 5
Grizz over Clips in 7
Thunder over Mavs in 5
Lakers over Nuggets in 7

Spurs over Grizz in 5
Thunder over Lakers in 5

Spurs over Thunder in 5

Finals:
Spurs over Heat in 6

giri

Considering how weak the east is at PF, Spo is a moron for not going to Bosh more often.

I agree and i don't. there are enough C's that can play bosh that sort of neutralize that. Chandler and Noah can play bosh 1v1. KG isn't going to make his life easy either.

Amundson, Hansbrough, aren't going to make his life easy either.

But most of the others they can abuse, yeah.

You cant get pregnant from sucking dick in the showers.
lol
tumblr_lmv48rqa6y1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

giri

The pacers would take the Heat to 7 games? but the Bulls only 6?

Lollinger indeed

Pacers lack the crunch time scoring. LBJ and wade would start a FT parade of epic proportions every game. It would be tight right up until 5 minutes left in the 4th though.

Pacers lack the crunch time scoring. LBJ and wade would start a FT parade of epic proportions every game. It would be tight right up until 5 minutes left in the 4th though.

G-Hill and Granger>Bron

Just get the ball out of Wade's hands and you're good to go

Never seen a team with as good a record as the Pacers get slept on so hard

Truphenom

Damn, Bosh really sets himself up for topics like this. Anyway fuck the Heat, Knicks in 6 with every win coming in the last 2 minutes.

HHH>Cena etc.

Doomsayer

Add Bynum, Lin, and Ilyasova

Bynum won't get any votes I don't think. He did improve but he isn't a candidate in my eyes.

Lin has had too small of a sample size, next year is going to be very telling for him.

Ilyasova always has big games and disappears for short times. He is an interesting player, and I feel like a team is going to throw some serious cash his way next offseason. Plus, he looks like James Franco on meth.

Honestly I feel like I've watched a lot less games this season than I'd normally. I usually watch ~10 games a week. This season it was more like ~6, and mostly Spurs games. Being West coast suckkssss; I'm home at around 7 PST, and by then just about everything is wrapped up. I'm usually out and about on weekends too so theres not much of that.

Regardless, I think I've only missed like 4 Spurs games. The schedule was so compact that falling behind was really easy; when I went on a trip in the middle of the year, I had to watch 6 games to catch up...I couldn't do it so I had to skip a few. I really like 66 over 82 because we never had that Mar-Apr lull where its really hard to give a shit, but the condensed factor was a bit too hard to handle.

giri

G-Hill and Granger>Bron

Just get the ball out of Wade's hands and you're good to go

Never seen a team with as good a record as the Pacers get slept on so hard

Uhh, either you're delusional or on one of your running joke things that aren't funny.

Hill / granger aren't as good as LBJ.

Granger has been craptacular this year when i watched the pacers.

They've got no one on that team that is going to regularly draw the late game foul to get to the line if everything else has failed. They just don't. Considering how poor their offense is to begin with, it could be the lowest scoring series in NBA history.

But it would be a repeat of last years bulls vs heat series.

tmdorsey

I don't know why so many people are writing off the Hawks in that series. tbh I think it can go either way.

How healthy Ray is might decide it; if he isn't 80+% by game 2, the Hawks might start with a quick 2-0 lead. The series will be unnecessarily long cause its the Hawks, but I just look at the matchups and everything seems tilted ATL's way. Joe Johnson and J-smooth are problems

The Celtics have the better team tho, and they've been great the 2nd half of the season, so I wouldn't put it past them to overcome it.

My main concern is getting killed on the boards. We are terribly bad at rebounding with both Horford and Zaza out. Josh is inconsistent at staying around the basket to grab boards and Collins and Ivan Johnson can only do so much. I agree though that a not-so healthy Ray Allen may tip things in our favor.

giri

Good call.

three man race?

Pek, Cousins, and George?

I think people are sleeping on Cousins because of the Kings ineptitude, but damn that kid had a great season.

Monroe also.

Add Bynum, Lin, and Ilyasova

No to bynum, all he managed to do was not get injured.

no to lin, all he got was minutes.

Yes to Ilyasova.

I can even see a case for Lin, but isn't bynum on a max contract? or close to it? i don't think MIP can really go to someone on that sort of money. Thats called living up to expectations, not exceeding them.

charsace

If there's a fight it's going to be between the scrubs. This isn't the late 90s. These guys are friends =/

the Heat don't really have any goons though or fight initiators and neither do the Knicks....Wade would actually probably be the one to start any altercation I think

Bosh needs to throw hands with Amare. Amare is always talking shit about him.

If it offends you so much then perhaps you should just ignore every poster here who makes posts such as that.
I would rather people just DON'T POST SHIT LIKE THAT because it is immature and stupid. And yes, that is a homophobic joke, or at the very least a joke that implies that being gay is lame or bad or whatever

AKA immature and stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom