• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers over Bulls in 6
Knicks over Heat in 6
Hawks over Celtics in 6
Magic over Pacers in 6

Jazz over Spurs in 6
Clippers over Grizz in 6
Mavs over Thunder in 6
Lakers over Nuggets in 6

One of these will be right and I'm gonna look like a genius

sup lakers/magic age

Bosh needs to throw hands with Amare. Amare is always talking shit about him.
JR Smith and his sister will fight anyone... if we still had Bill Walker he'd thrown down too. Gadzuric used to have a mean streak but he won't get much playing time I figure.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE BARON DAVIS. He ain't scared of no one, dude grabbed KG with two hands and shook him like a British nanny with a newborn that 1st game of the year.

dream

Look, in the real world, sometimes men fellate other men. We all know that and none of us have had any problems with it because we're all adults here. If you have trouble wrapping your head around things like that, maybe you should reconsider your place in this thread.

Fuck and shit are curse words.

That joke was referring to Chris Bosh giving a blowjob in the showers. I hope you can tel the difference between the two.

Neither offend me. I wouldn't want my niece reading either, and would expect any adult cool with saying "fuck" and "shit" with no hesitation to be ok with a fellatio joke. Excessive cursing is about as immature as a blowjob joke.

Blowjobs aren't lame or bad unless the giver is lame or bad at it. Are you saying Bosh can't sucka dick, cause I'd bet he'd be pretty good at it.

SUPREME1

Banned
Neither offend me. I wouldn't want my niece reading either, and would expect any adult cool with saying "fuck" and "shit" with no hesitation to be ok with a fellatio joke. Excessive cursing is about as immature as a blowjob joke.

Apparently grown men who consent to oral sex with each other, are now considered immature?

Fuck that. That's bullshit.

Let these grown men blow who they want to as long as everyone agrees and nobody gets hurt (feelings aside).

giri

I would rather people just DON'T POST SHIT LIKE THAT because it is immature and stupid. And yes, that is a homophobic joke, or at the very least a joke that implies that being gay is lame or bad or whatever

AKA immature and stupid

I will reply to this.

No, it doesn't. If thats what your impressions of gay people are and their sexual activities is, then good for you. But don't impose your own impressions on to my words thank you.

That statement in no way implies anything you said unless you're FORCING your own spin on it.

Thanks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
BTW

This kind of thing never happens anywhere else on GAF.

Saying such awful, awful things.

shout outs NFL-age. Where the same exact things aren't said about Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, etc

Doomsayer

Monroe also.

No to bynum, all he managed to do was not get injured.

no to lin, all he got was minutes.

Yes to Ilyasova.

I can even see a case for Lin, but isn't bynum on a max contract? or close to it? i don't think MIP can really go to someone on that sort of money. Thats called living up to expectations, not exceeding them.

I completely forgot about Monroe. Guy had an excellent season and is only going to get better as soon as Detroit adds some talent.

I agree with you with Bynum as far as living up to expectations but truth be told this is the first year he was a featured piece of the offense and not splitting his minutes with LO/Pau. He doesn't deserve MIP though.

I would tend to disagree, but I can see where you're coming from if you think that. To me, curse words are just that: words. Homophobic jokes, on the other hand, or any other jokes that refer to a group (race, religion, whatever you want), are made at the expense of that group. There's no place for that stuff, imo.

I will reply to this.

No, it doesn't. If thats what your impressions of gay people are and their sexual activities is, then good for you. But don't impose your own impressions on to my words thank you.

That statement in no way implies anything you said unless you're FORCING your own spin on it.

Thanks.

Exactly. Nowhere did anyone imply that a man giving another man a blowjob was wrong. Coffee, you are the one who is assuming that shit.

I would tend to disagree, but I can see where you're coming from if you think that. To me, curse words are just that: words. Homophobic jokes, on the other hand, or any other jokes that refer to a group (race, religion, whatever you want), are made at the expense of that group. There's no place for that stuff, imo.

Show one person here who was being homophobic. Do it.

Vire

Picks:

Bulls over Sixers in 5
Heat over Knicks in 6
Celtics over Hawks in 6
Pacers over Magic in 5

Spurs over Jazz in 4
Grizz over Clippers in 6
Thunder over Mavs in 6
Lakers over Nuggets in 6

COME AT ME BRO.

I will reply to this.

Thanks.
What were you implying, then? What else could be surmised from your post?

I'm not saying that a random statement like that defines you or anything. But just consider what you typed, the context it was used in, and what it implies.

(._.)

Banned
jordan is a fucking idiot and needs to sell the franchises. he is terrible at drafting and has no interest in rebuilding the franchise effectively. EveryBobcats game I went to had more fans for the away team.

Picks:

Bulls over Sixers in 5
Heat over Knicks in 6
Celtics over Hawks in 6
Pacers over Magic in 5

Spurs over Jazz in 4
Grizz over Clippers in 6
Thunder over Mavs in 6
Lakers over Nuggets in 6

COME AT ME BRO.

Careful with using the word come and bro in the same sentence. Coffee may accuse you of being homophobic.

DY_nasty

jordan is a fucking idiot and needs to sell the franchises. he is terrible at drafting and has no interest in rebuilding the franchise effectively. Every home Bobcats game I went to had more fans for the away team.
TANK SO HARD

WE GONNA DRAFT SPOC

Uhh, either you're delusional or on one of your running joke things that aren't funny.

Hill / granger aren't as good as LBJ.

Granger has been craptacular this year when i watched the pacers.

They've got no one on that team that is going to regularly draw the late game foul to get to the line if everything else has failed. They just don't. Considering how poor their offense is to begin with, it could be the lowest scoring series in NBA history.

But it would be a repeat of last years bulls vs heat series.

I don't actually think the Pacers can beat the Heat, but I wouldn't put crunch time scoring as the reason. I've seen G-Hill on Wade. Its not going to be easy for him...and with Paul George I'm not sure if Lebron is going to have much success either. The Pacers may fail down the stretch, but I think the Heat will too; it will likely be a low scoring series and whoever has the lead going into the final few minutes is going to have a massive advantage because the other team will struggle to get over the hump. ofc Wade and Bron will fish for fouls but if the refs call it tight (lol), especially in Indy, even that might not work.

The Pacers' depth is going to get them really far against the Heat. They can throw so many guys out there that can punish you for mistakes that their spacing is going to be sharp at all times. Hibbert/West/Psycho T/Lou is a great big rotation...the depth in general makes it hard for the Heat to hide their deficient players, and thats usually really important for them to succeed.

I think the Magic series is great for the Pacers because it will build their confidence. We'll see how the teams stack up a few weeks from now, but I honestly believe the Pacers have the tools to make a series of it. They're a good team.

Show one person here who was being homophobic. Do it.
Telling a homophobic joke != being homophobic

Maybe homophobic joke isn't the best description. How about, gay joke. Because that's what it is. Do you disagree on the implication?

For instance, if I told you, "Charlie did x today. He sucks so much dick", would you take that in any other way then negative?

I'm not calling all of you homophobes, I'm just saying that jokes like that are immature and are a bit outdated.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Chicago in 5
Miami in 5
Indiana in 4
Boston in 6

San Antonio in 5
OKC in 6
Lakers in 6
Grizzlies in 6

Telling a homophobic joke != being homophobic

Maybe homophobic joke isn't the best description. How about, gay joke. Because that's what it is. Do you disagree on the implication?

For instance, if I told you, "Charlie did x today. He sucks so much dick", would you take that in any other way then negative?

No? Because I don't think another man sucking another man off is anymore wrong than a girl doing it to a man. But if that is where YOUR mind goes when hearing such a thing, perhaps you need to ask yourself why.

what was the bet

and how long left?

Another year :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sam Amick said:
Bad news on the Sacramento arena front: Mayor Kevin Johnson releases this statement after meeting with the Maloof family that owns the Kings for the past two days: "Today's meetings affirm that there are irreconcilable differences between what is in the best interests of the City and the Kings' ownership. "The City had basic principles that guided us and were reflected in the Orlando deal that all parties agreed to, including: protecting taxpayers and the general fund; ...MORE TO COME

gj Maloofs

No? Because I don't think another man sucking another man off is anymore wrong than a girl doing it to a man. But if that is where YOUR mind goes when hearing such a thing, perhaps you need to ask yourself why.
I'm saying, in what other context is sucking dick used?

Let's go back to the post in question.

You cant get pregnant from sucking dick in the showers.

Yes, I'm sure giri was saying that Bosh sucks dick in the showers as a compliment. That makes complete sense.

This is after someone made a joke about him being pregnant, btw. But yeah no one was using it as an insult. Nope.

giri

I completely forgot about Monroe. Guy had an excellent season and is only going to get better as soon as Detroit adds some talent.

I agree with you with Bynum as far as living up to expectations but truth be told this is the first year he was a featured piece of the offense and not splitting his minutes with LO/Pau. He doesn't deserve MIP though.

Eh, i tend to think MIP should go to someone who has exceeded expectations.

most of the other guys on that list exceeded expectations from the previous season.

And yeah, if Detroit get a decent system and some structure, Monroe could be one of those forever 18 & 10 guys that gets his effeciently and quietly.

His defense could be better though. But i think that defense is mostly effort, and a lot of guys find it hard to give that much effort on a bad team.

Its the same way i think about DMC's defense. When he plays D he looks more than competent at it. He just doesn't all that often cause they're already down 15.

DY_nasty

#realtalk

I need a new avatar too. I don't know what player can possibly replace DJ Messiah though.
You need psychiatric help.
Coming from Knicks fans, that is the sexiest compliminsult.

I'm saying, in what other context is sucking dick used?

Let's go back to the post in question.

Yes, I'm sure giri was saying that Bosh sucks dick in the showers as a compliment. That makes complete sense.

Or he was saying it as a joke? Just because its two men doesn't make it a homophobic joke. I'm sure you would get just as upset if it was about a woman giving a man a blowjob.

giri

I don't actually think the Pacers can beat the Heat, but I wouldn't put crunch time scoring as the reason. I've seen G-Hill on Wade. Its not going to be easy for him...and with Paul George I'm not sure if Lebron is going to have much success either. The Pacers may fail down the stretch, but I think the Heat will too; it will likely be a low scoring series and whoever has the lead going into the final few minutes is going to have a massive advantage because the other team will struggle to get over the hump. ofc Wade and Bron will fish for fouls but if the refs call it tight (lol), especially in Indy, even that might not work.

The Pacers' depth is going to get them really far against the Heat. They can throw so many guys out there that can punish you for mistakes that their spacing is going to be sharp at all times. Hibbert/West/Psycho T/Lou is a great big rotation...the depth in general makes it hard for the Heat to hide their deficient players, and thats usually really important for them to succeed.

I think the Magic series is great for the Pacers because it will build their confidence. We'll see how the teams stack up a few weeks from now, but I honestly believe the Pacers have the tools to make a series of it. They're a good team.

The best thing for the pacers is that they run their offense through the post ALOT. practically all of it (hence why collisons numbers are down so much), but it also means there's a lot of entry passes. And that spells disaster against a team like the heat who can ruin that shit so easily. I really don't know if it would go to 6 games, i think the heat take it out in 5. All will be close, but thats the nature of the two teams.

dream

I don't think it was a joke. I think giri was just explaining that Bosh can't be pregnant because of the biological impossibility of having his eggs fertilized by swallowing semen.

I'm asking you, why is it a joke in the first place? Why is it humorous? That's the point.

It's funny because anything about Bosh is funny. Anything about the Heat are funny. You're so obsessed with trapping people in this thread on issues of homophobia which is more telling about where you're at than where we are. But hey, keep being a white knight for your imaginary cause here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom