• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT7| Krul luck for Costa Rica after masterstroke from van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
10472691_10152583888012959_2137503590284006894_n.jpg

Irminsul

Dear Ze Germans,

Despite the supposed rivalry between our two countries, despite our complicated history, despite our silly jokes aimed at each other, I really like you. Yes, I think your country is fine. Berlin might be a better party city than boring Paris. And I even like your football team. I think you deserved better than always be in the shadow of Spain.

But today, we finally meet again in a world cup, 32 years after some kind of famous game that I'm young to really care about, and I'm sorry my dear German friends, I have to fully root for my country. We need this exploit to finally purge our team from it's past sins. Give it the final piece of the puzzle to rebuild this team and make it a new international football superpower. Because yes, we reached the quarters, but that was maybe a bit too easy, maybe even sometimes dirty. So we need that victory.

If you end up winning today, I'll be fine and happy for you guys. I'll even be rooting for you in your semi (especially if it's against Brasil). But sorry guys, we need to beat you.

No hard feelings ?
Awww, that's sweet.

But yes, you're right. I like France as well, as much as I may joke about you sometimes. Let's just laugh together at certain inventors of football, independent of the outcome tonight ;)

Honestly, I don't see us as the favourites, but we'll see how it goes.
Depends on whether Jogi fucks up the line-up again.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Dear Ze Germans,

Despite the supposed rivalry between our two countries, despite our complicated history, despite our silly jokes aimed at each other, I really like you. Yes, I think your country is fine. Berlin might be a better party city than boring Paris. And I even like your football team. I think you deserved better than always be in the shadow of Spain.

But today, we finally meet again in a world cup, 32 years after some kind of famous game that I'm young to really care about, and I'm sorry my dear German friends, I have to fully root for my country. We need this exploit to finally purge our team from it's past sins. Give it the final piece of the puzzle to rebuild this team and make it a new international football superpower. Because yes, we reached the quarters, but that was maybe a bit too easy, maybe even sometimes dirty. So we need that victory.

If you end up winning today, I'll be fine and happy for you guys. I'll even be rooting for you in your semi (especially if it's against Brasil). But sorry guys, we need to beat you.

No hard feelings ?
Same here. Germany has become a great country, and I will probably root for them if they beat us. But this can't be, if both teams provide their A game, France should win :)

Irminsul

Same here. Germany has become a great country, and I will probably root for them if they beat us. But this can't be, if both teams provide their A game, France should win :)
Well, it's better to be kicked out by the coming World Cup holders, innit? So I'll probably root for France if you beat us ;) Besides, who else? Holland? :lol

Dear Ze Germans,

No hard feelings ?

Awww, that's sweet.

But yes, you're right. I like France as well, as much as I may joke about you sometimes. Let's just laugh together at certain inventors of football, independent of the outcome tonight ;)

French and Germans living together! Mass hysteria!

koji

It's funny that the EU teams still in the running are all neighboring countries. Dafuq is the rest of the world doing?

Fularu

Banned
Awww, that's sweet.

Matuidi believes that you are the favorites in today's game

Needless to say, I enjoy watching Germany play. They used to park the bus (80s and 90s) but since 2006 your football has been super dynamic and entertaining to watch. Thanks in no small part to you finaly allowing foreign players on the squad (something that Italy still needs to work on)

oti

Banned
Today's the day and it's so warm here in Germany too! Love you France, but I want Deutschland to win.
Logo-Foto_2.gif

ChapaNDJ

Banned
So much hate towards Brazil. Any hard feelings? Have Brazil frustrated you too much in your infancy? :p

I ask myself the same question. Why so much hatred towards Argentina?
I cannot believe people would as far as purchasing tickets (especially Brazilians) just to root for whoever play against Argentina. Some people needs to get a life.

Talk about being resentful.

Ingeniero

Well mainly because their fans are very arrogant despite the fact that they have won nothing in over 20 years.
Also because of Maradona, all the bad image and drugs don't help.

France IMO have been the best team of the WC, they the favorites

There is not one 'best' team in this WC so far. Every single one of them has been disappointing. If you have won against Honduras, Nigeria and played 0-0 against Ecuador I would not call it the best.

France is going to have such a tough time against Germany.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Well mainly because their fans are very arrogant despite the fact that they have won nothing in over 20 years.
Also because of Maradona, all the bad image ad drugs don't help.

I also hate that coke-fueled piece of shit, same with the obnoxious fans that sings ''Brasilero brasilero, que amargado se te ve'' all the time as if we won something.

Too bad people generalize too much and tend to put everyone in the same bag.

koji

I cannot believe people would as far as purchasing tickets (especially Brazilians) just to root for whoever play against Argentina. Some people needs to get a life.

Football is super serious business!

spekkeh

Banned

Is there a lot of hatred? From the Brazilian side yes, just because people like to perpetuate rivalries, especially when they're neighbours and both good teams. See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Netherlands_football_rivalry

FWIW I loved Argentina during the Batistuta days. Lately they just haven't set the world on fire, and I think a lot of Europeans are really tired of Messi. Here's an NSFW (!!!) image that keeps getting bandied around of what it's like for us to listen to the commentary of a game with Messi.

NSFW (!!) link

Fularu

Banned
There is not one 'best' team in this WC so far. Every single one of them has been disappointing. If you have won against Honduras, Nigeria and played 0-0 against Ecuador I would not call it the best.

France is going to have such a tough time against Germany.
Suddenly that 5-2 against Switzerland no longer counts! A swiss team Argentina needed 118 minutes to score against!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom