• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 British ISIS brides that flew into Syria reportedly on the run from their husbands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

You can't just bring them back. Ever. For all we know they return to the UK and promptly blow up a pub for jihad as part of the plan.

Teenagers are still quite rash. You haven't accepted that we need to be in our 20's to be fully mentally developed.

I'd say there's a difference between being a teen who does petty dumb shit like listen to bad music or steal minor stuff...and someone who wants to contribute to a terrorist organization that beheads innocent women and children.

The world would be better off with fewer people like that.

greektony

Banned
Islamic State... Or Conservative majority

WNRAWDr.jpg

lol...... genius

Psychologists should have an explanation for this kind of behaviour. I always found that they resemble Harley Quinn, a doctor who decides to give up her confortable and ordinary life to pursue and join a psycho like Joker.

farmerboy

When I was 16 I took the exhaust off dad's V8 and took it for a spin around the block. Christ it made a hell of noise. Surprised no one called the cops.

There's shit you do when you're a kid, then there's shit you do cos you're a selfish, stupid, inconsiderate, ignorant, arrogant, borderline simple fucking idiot. I wish them no harm, but let's not gloss over all this by using the kid excuse.They knew exactly what they were doing.

Mr. Sam

I don't think we - i.e. "western civilisation" - are as sophisticated, compassionate, liberal, progressive or intelligent as we like to think if our reaction to this is, "Fuck 'em. They made their choice. I hope they get caught, raped and killed."

javac

Feel bad for the parents, although I wouldn't be surprised if some parents instigate this shit, or am I crazy for thinking so?

Jay Sosa

Again, is that really the standard we want to be holding ourselves up to?

Of course not, but you do have to understand that people get angrier with each attack (which is something the IS thinks will help them in the long run). And hardly anyone is wishing death on them, most of us are just saying that we find it hard to feel sympathetic.

Violet_0

Banned
lets be honest

they sort of deserve what they get if they saw all the shit ISIL does and decided that was the sort of life they wanted.

I'm pretty sure no one deserves what fate has in store for them should they be captured, especially considering the fact that they presumably haven't harmed anyone and their crime is sheer stupidity

Skelter

Banned
They're 16 years old.

I remember thinking some super dumb stuff at 16 that I grew out of when I became an adult. Nothing on that level, but 16 year olds tend to be idealistic, naive to the reality of the world, and going through a philosophical exploratory/rebellion phase. It's a mixture that can lead some of them to make incredibly poor choices.

How many teenagers actually run off and join terrorists groups? This is stupid and I would laugh at them too and I feel no pity for them. Not like it's hard to find information on ISIS. They could have easily found out what life was like under them without marrying some Jihadist.

When I was 16 I took the exhaust off dad's V8 and took it for a spin around the block. Christ it made a hell of noise. Surprised no one called the cops.

There's shit you do when you're a kid, then there's shit you do cos you're a selfish, stupid, inconsiderate, ignorant, arrogant, borderline simple fucking idiot. I wish them no harm, but let's not gloss over all this by using the kid excuse.They knew exactly what they were doing.

Pretty much. They're not children. At that age people can think for themselves, which they clearly did, and should understand the consequences of their actions. If they somehow make it back home good for them but if not I won't shed a tear.

NoWayOut

Assuming this is real and is not just some sort of distorted social media propaganda, I wish them good luck and hope they make it out alive. At the same time, however I have to admit I don't hold much sympathy for them.

I don't agree with the "they are just kids" and "we've all done crazy shit at that age" arguments. The amount of stupidity and idiocy these young women have shown with their choices is way beyond my comprehension and way out of scale of what I consider "teenage rebellious behavior".

Again, from their point of view they aren't terrorists but freedom fighters. And it's not as if the civilised world hasn't done some horrifying, barbaric things in the name of the greater good during times of war.

How you justify those depends on the side you're on.
I am not going to try and sympathize with ISIS or try to see their point of view. Their point of view is wrong, plain and simple. These are people that behead innocents just because they believe in a different God and people that set their enemies on fire. They are not fighting against a foreign threat, they are actively terrorizing the people living there and plunging the region in even more chaos then it was.

If they believe those people are freedom fighters, they deserve their faith.

I'm sure a lot of murderers thought they did the right thing also, yet we lock them up because they are a danger to society. The same should be done here.

I feel bad for them.. people do dumb shit at 16. I doubt they make it out of this alive though. :/
Doing dumb shit is crashing a car or getting in a fist fight. Not traveling thousands of miles and life with a bunch of terrorists. This goes way beyond "dumb shit".

aerts1js

Doing dumb shit is crashing a car or getting in a fist fight. Not traveling thousands of miles and life with a bunch of terrorists. This goes way beyond "dumb shit".

You may be right but looking back at when I was 16 I was naive as hell. Sure, this is beyond insanity but I just don't think they realized what they were getting into until they were faced with the harsh reality of the circumstances.

I just don't think they should have to pay for their mistakes with their lives.... which, let's be real, they're going to die.

daniels

As with all isis returners they should be jailed for treason or joining a terrorist/criminal group.
Its not different then joining organized crime.

I don't think we - i.e. "western civilisation" - are as sophisticated, compassionate, liberal, progressive or intelligent as we like to think if our reaction to this is, "Fuck 'em. They made their choice. I hope they get caught, raped and killed."

*shrugs*

I don't "hope" they get caught or killed. I'm simply not willing to lift a finger to prevent the consequences of their actions; it's not my problem and frankly the world will be better off with fewer terrorist sympathizers who act on their views. As I said earlier, if by the age of 16 you don't realize helping a terrorist organization is wrong or a bad idea, you lost at life and the world won't miss you.

It made you wonder what they thought was greener on the other side?

The fact that there are less discrimination against Muslim? Or the fact you can kill non Muslim.
That means the fantasy Caliphate of yore where Muslims were the biggest superpower in the world. The ISIS recruiters tell them that it is the golden age of Islam inside Mosul and Raqqa, and the enemies fear them. They also tap into the abolished concept of Hijra (migration), which is when Prophet Muhammad migrated to Medinah and asked the persecuted Muslims from Mecca to join him in the new state. Every scholar has said that Hijra was only incumbent on the people living in Mecca at the time. Read www.lettertobaghdadi.com for further information.

Also, teen hormones. 16 year olds promised legit marriage with the righteous Holy Warrior Knights.

EMT0

Banned
By joining ISIS knowing exactly what they're doing they're enablers or supporters of war crimes. They're reaping what they sow.

number47

when I was a teen I got really mad at my mom one weekend because she WOULDN'T STOP GOING THROUGH MY THINGS and to punish her I joined a gang that didn't offer me drugs or women or money or a comfortable lifestyle or respect or freedom or safety or fun or friendship or a nice place to stay but instead the opportunity to behead random strangers

man you should have seen that episode of maury
ISIS is the new scared straight?

Archer

kadiza-sultana-16-shamima-begum-15-amira-abase-15.jpg

Three London schoolgirls who ran away to the Middle East to become "Jihadi brides" are on the run from their husbands in the Iraqi city of Mosul, it is being reported.

Shamima Begum, Amira Abase and Kadiza Sultana ran away from home in February and were seen on CCTV at a UK airport and in Turkey before slipping over the border into Syria.

Since arriving in Isis-controlled territory, Amira posted a Tweet including a photograph of takeaway food and the caption 'dawla takeaway w/ @um_ayoub12'. The message seemed to imply the girls were enjoying life in the Middle East.

However, it has now been claimed by an anonymous blogger called "Mosul Eye" that three British girls, possibly the three London girls, are trying to escape their husbands - and possibly Isis (also known as Isil or Islamic State).

In a Facebook posting on 2 May, the blogger wrote: "Three girls, [foreigners, British] married to ISIL militants, reported missing, and ISIL announced to all its check points to search for them. It is believed that those girls have escaped."

He later added: "The ­latest info I got on them is they are still on the run, but still in Mosul, and ISIL is thoroughly searching for them and hasn't captured them yet. They are Brits, not immigrants, and they are very young teens (around 16 years old). That's all I have about them for now."

The news will add to the torment of the families of the three girls back in London, who claim they had no idea their children were planning to fly to the Middle East. It later emerged that the father of Amira Abase had attended Islamist rallies in London.

Today's news comes as Isis sympathisers have made a number of threats on social media warning that London is to come under attack. Using the hashtag #LondonAttack posters have uploaded photographs of machine guns and what appears to be a suicide belt along with cryptic warnings. However, the police say they do not currently believe the threats are credible.

Mad-Men-Season-4-Recap-Video.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Well, hopefully they get home alive, and then spread the word of how fucking stupid their original decision was so that no one else is dumb enough to try this.

Aiustis

I think it might be safest if they were left to whatever fate. That seems like a likely cover so they can go wreak havoc on people.

FStop7

Banned
ISIS apologists and sympathizers (and even a lot of its detractors, closer to where ISIS operates) are totally convinced that the reports of the atrocities being committed by ISIS are fabricated by the west in order to oppress muslims. The general distrust of the west combined with ignorance, poverty, anger, and the heavy influence that corrupt religious leaders hold... it's a powerful combination.

Even in places where information is freely available there are conspiracy theories about everything.

The fact that a group of teenagers fell for it isn't surprising.

Macadinho

Banned
Don't underestimate how brainwashed people can get. A seemingly normal, nicest guy you could ever meet in my physics class who was Libyan went home to visit his family for the summer.

Things were okay for a while, he'd post on Facebook stuff he was doing (helping to rebuild a village after the civil war, volunteering in schools and hospitals). Things kind of got weird when he posted a picture of him with an AK47 in his hand and him sitting on lots of money (I presume it was the local currency around him). Then he started posting about how the Assad regime were monsters and he wanted to stop them.

When he was meant to come home and his parents were waiting at the airport for him it turns out he went to Turkey, went over the border and joined the fight against the Assad regime. Couple of months later they found out he died.

FStop7

Banned
Tunisia's a relatively secular country but they are in real danger of being consumed by ISIS. The amount of brainwashing and indoctrination happening there should scare the hell out of you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/w...on&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=3

NYT said:
Indeed, in dozens of conversations with young Tunisians, almost no one, whether sympathizers or critics, believed the news reports of the Islamic State’s mass killings or beheadings. “It is made up,” echoed Amar Msalmi, 28, a taxi driver. “All of this is manufactured in the West.”

NYT said:
“There are lots of signs that the end will be soon, according to the Quran,” said Aymen, 24, who was relaxing with friends at another cafe.

Many insisted that friends who had joined the Islamic State had sent back reports over the Internet of their homes, salaries and even wives. “They live better than us!” said Walid, 24.

Wissam, 22, said a friend who left four months ago had told him that he was “leading a truly nice, comfortable life” under the Islamic State.

“I said: ‘Are there some pretty girls? Maybe I will go there and settle down,’ ” he recalled.

“Sometimes I pray, and sometimes I don’t,” Chiheb Eddine said. “I am very social.” But, like many Tunisians whose practices sometimes seem to contradict their piety, he nonetheless said he hoped that the Islamic State would “win.”

“Maybe when the war is over, we will all be in an Islamic state, for all practicing Muslims, under Shariah,” he said with a shrug, adding that he had asked his brother directly about the Islamic State’s beheadings and other atrocities. “He said, ‘Don’t believe it,’ and I trust my brother.”

Since this article there have been two high-profile attacks against foreigners in Tunisia - the museum and the beach. Hopefully if any good comes of those atrocities it's that it will wake people up.

Tansut

This. Seriously.

There is a point to where "There just kids" can be applied. Leaving their homes to become brides for a known terrorist group who laugh at the notion of woman's rights or freedom and then wanting to back off after they see what reality is does not make me that sympathetic.

They're young enough to be deemed to be mentally unfit to consent to sex in a lot of countries.
You can't try a 16 year old as an adult in most countries either.
That's kind of the whole point of being underage, that a child's brain is not developed enough yet to fully understand consequences.

There's enough knowledge and coverage of the horrific, evil, shit ISIS have been doing. 16 Or not they wanted to join one of the most disgustingly evil groups of people the world has ever seen, and I therefore find it hard to give a fuck.

Kyzer

Banned
You guys are all fucking idiots if you think they are evil and wanted to join evil. This is war. There is propaganda on both sides, and I'm sure we're getting the more accurate version of the truth but I guarantee you those terrorists are not sitting underground thinking "man i love being evil". They are all brainwashed. Just like gangs, just like a tyrannical government, its a pyramid scheme of people with a lot to gain at the top using the peoples desires, addictions, and fears against them to push their own agenda.

But either way grow the fuck up assholes. If you think that because you read some articles and saw some news segments on ISIS that you're an expert, and further, that everyone should be an expert, you're an elitist turd.

People like these girls need to be rescued and their true story should be used to teach people about what really goes on. And they were fucking 16. That's the age where shit like Zeitgeist and the illuminati seems true.

Edit: There's something really fucking infuriating about people sitting comfy in a chair posting on the internet scoffing at young girls making such a grave decision like "lol idiots they should have known better everybody knows they r evil". YOU ONLY KNOW BECAUSE YOU LOOK AT NEWS SOURCES THAT ARE ON A SIDE IN A WAR

King_Moc

Banned
You guys are all fucking idiots if you think they are evil and wanted to join evil. This is war. There is propaganda on both sides, and I'm sure we're getting the more accurate version of the truth but I guarantee you those terrorists are not sitting underground thinking "man i love being evil". They are all brainwashed. Just like gangs, just like a tyrannical government, its a pyramid scheme of people with a lot to gain at the top using the peoples desires, addictions, and fears against them to push their own agenda.

But either way grow the fuck up assholes. If you think that because you read some articles and saw some news segments on ISIS that you're an expert, and further, that everyone should be an expert, you're an elitist turd.

People like these girls need to be rescued and their true story should be used to teach people about what really goes on. And they were fucking 16. That's the age where shit like Zeitgeist and the illuminati seems true.

Yes, because the truth about ISIS was just so well hidden, right. How could they possibly have known?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom