• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 British ISIS brides that flew into Syria reportedly on the run from their husbands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Yes, because the truth about ISIS was just so well hidden, right. How could they possibly have known?

If you're American... we happen to live in one of the best-informed societies with the greatest access to unfiltered information from all perspectives, in history.

And yet, we have 9/11 Truthers. Obama Birthers. Lizard people believers.

Kyzer

Banned
Yes, because the truth about ISIS was just so well hidden, right. How could they possibly have known?

You think that because you read something and believed it that you know better than them? They chose to believe the other side of the story. I don't know but they must be pretty damn convincing don't you think? You think that 16 year old girl was like fuck yeah lets kill some infidels? You think the ISIS recruitment videos are like "WE ARE MURDERERS JOIN US AND BE RAPED!" ???

They put it into your head that everything you know about ISIS is a lie by the very enemy they are fighting. You act like they're stupid when

1) They were 15 fucking years old, which is not old enough to be politically savvy, much less with intricate issues such as cross-religious warfare

2) We live in a world where basically the entire country of Germany, when it was one of the most educated nations in the world, less than a hundred years ago, were convinced they were on the winning side of a psychopathic genocide.

Get over yourself

I hope you never have children, or if you do, that you grow the fuck up.

People who learn things on the internet and then scoff at people who dont know the same things they do...seriously??

King_Moc

Banned
You think that because you read something and believed it that you know better than them? They chose to believe the other side of the story. I don't know but they must be pretty damn convincing don't you think? You think that 16 year old girl was like fuck yeah lets kill some infidels? You think the ISIS recruitment videos are like "WE ARE MURDERERS JOIN US AND BE RAPED!" ???

They put it into your head that everything you know about ISIS is a lie by the very enemy they are fighting. You act like they're stupid when

1) They were 15 fucking years old, which is not old enough to be politically savvy, much less with intricate issues such as cross-religious warfare

2) We live in a world where basically the entire country of Germany, when it was one of the most educated nations in the world, less than a hundred years ago, were convinced they were on the winning side of a psychopathic genocide.

Get over yourself

I hope you never have children, or if you do, that you grow the fuck up.

People who learn things on the internet and then scoff at people who dont know the same things they do...seriously??

You can fucking talk, jesus christ.

Yeah, teenagers do stupid shit.

Stupid shit like drinking too much, having unprotected sex or trying out drugs, not flying to Syria and joining a fucking terrorist organization.

Kyzer

Banned
I can't imagine being one of the parents and reading shit like what some of you are saying. Like your early teen daughter decides to believe ISIS propaganda and people calling out for her to be condemned.

They need to be rescued, returned to their families, and everyone needs to hear their story.

They joined a terrorist organisation. What else should I consider them?

So you think they joined the organization in order to become a sex slave. right? Because if they had just, you know, read the obvious info that's everywhere for them to see, like you say, like theres no excuse for a 16 year old to believe anything other than what they're told lol, they should have already known that the women there are traded and abused, right? That's what they wanted then, right? Then why are they trying to escape?

The American Revolution was fought by "terrorists". You think they're terrorists. They think they're doing God's work. Do you get how this works or do you think everyone who thinks anything different than you is stupid?

Very little sympathy for them, but perhaps their example will set a lot of other young women who might be considering joining ISIL straight.

I can't imagine being one of the parents and reading shit like what some of you are saying. Like your early teen daughter decides to believe ISIS propaganda and people calling out for her to be condemned.

They need to be rescued, returned to their families, and everyone needs to hear their story.

Most likely the parents brainwashed them. These girls are innocent regardless, their parents and community are suspect as fuck tho

Kyzer

Banned
Most likely the parents brainwashed them. These girls are innocent regardless, their parents and community are suspect as fuck tho

The only reason I disagree is because I happen to have just watched that link someone posted, the family wants them back and is working with their government to try and make it so they can come back home instead of to jail.

Edit: ^^ Wow. You people are heartless. They are young teens (the most malleable, rebellious age) that were lied to. It should be called statutory kidnapping or something, because even though they went of their own accord, they are not fit to know what the hell they were doing.

Their story:

"Despite being surrounded and bombarded by non-stop reports of the absolutely horrific nature of these monsterous people day after day after day, we thought they sounded cool. I mean, who were we to believe, the killers blatantly trying to hoodwink us into slavery, or the rest of the world?"

Kyzer

Banned
Their story:

"Despite being surrounded and bombarded by non-stop reports of the absolutely horrific nature of these monsterous people day after day after day, we thought they sounded cool. I mean, who were we to believe, the killers blatantly trying to hoodwink us into slavery, or the rest of the world?"

What the fuck are you talking about? If it was that simple the girls wouldn't have fucking gone over there?????

They. Were. Lied. To.

They didn't believe what everyone in here is so in shock about them not believing, because.....THEY WERE TOLD IT WAS A LIE. THEY WERE 15.

So when your 15 year old daughter runs away to live with her boyfriend, even though you think he's a deadbeat, but she thinks he's cool as hell, you'll be cool with it right, because she knew exactly what she was doing?

You people literally think these girls thought of ISIS as a terrorist organization as we know it, drug and sex trade and all, and CHOSE TO JOIN THAT. NO.

The only reason I disagree is because I happen to have just watched that link someone posted, the family wants them back and is working with their government to try and make it so they can come back home instead of to jail.

Edit: ^^ Wow. You people are heartless. They are young teens (the most malleable, rebellious age) that were lied to. It should be called statutory kidnapping or something, because even though they went of their own accord, they are not fit to know what the hell they were doing.

I understand where you are coming from. Many girls have been tricked into sexual abuse on the internet and it's not crazy to think they can also be tricked into joining these terrorists with the correct promises and brainwashing. They should be allowed to come back, be interrogated, maybe some community service or rehabilitation program if such a thing exists. Jail is too much, unless they actually killed someone

Jonnax

lol. I really don't understand you. You're trying to make them out to be innocent children that had no clue what they were doing.

This is a group that publicly behead people (not only westerners but also other people that didn't share their beliefs) and this was reported on the news that they were doing so. It was no secret.

It is silly to pretend these girls did not know about this. They knowingly joined a terrorist organisation. Doesn't matter if they only joined up to be a cook. They planned leaving the UK and crossing the border in Turkey.

King_Moc

Banned

So you think they joined the organization in order to become a sex slave. right? Because if they had just, you know, read the obvious info that's everywhere for them to see, like you say, like theres no excuse for a 16 year old to believe anything other than what they're told lol, they should have already known that the women there are traded and abused, right? That's what they wanted then, right? Then why are they trying to escape?

The American Revolution was fought by "terrorists". You think they're terrorists. They think they're doing God's work. Do you get how this works or do you think everyone who thinks anything different than you is stupid?

No, that is very definitely you.

i mean, seriously. Read that then look at the way you're talking to people.

Kyzer

Banned
lol. I really don't understand you. You're trying to make them out to be innocent children that had no clue what they were doing.

This is a group that publicly behead people (not only westerners but also other people that didn't share their beliefs) and this was reported on the news that they were doing so. It was no secret.

It is silly to pretend these girls did not know about this. They knowingly joined a terrorist organisation. Doesn't matter if they only joined up to be a cook. They planned leaving the UK and crossing the border in Turkey.

You people don't get it. They. Do not. Believe. What the media. Says about. ISIS.

You guys really think these girls wanted to join an evil organization to murder and rape and behead people come the fuck on

Does anyone, for clarification, have a good idea of exactly what the ISIS videos do to convince people? I think people in this thread are having a hard time understanding that there are people who don't think of ISIS (even those in ISIS seriously?) as an evil organization

No, that is very definitely you.

i mean, seriously. Read that then look at the way you're talking to people.

Okay, so what is it exactly? You think these girls should have thought ISIS was an evil organization like you, like its so obvious duh, and they should go to jail for not having the same beliefs that you have, that you only have because you picked them up from the news.

and yeah man fuck yall for wanting to send 15 year old girls to terrorist camp for being brainwashed, im pissed off this shit is not a game they are humans with families who made a terrible mistake which in itself im sure was pretty damn scary and punishing

darscot

Why would they go to jail? That doesn't make any sense, did they actual commit a crime? Just because you run off to be with a dumb ass does not mean you have done anything wrong. You can not convict someone of a crime because of an organization or boyfriend. Legally the idea of them going to jail is laughable.

TheContact

You people don't get it. They. Do not. Believe. What the media. Says about. ISIS.

You guys really think these girls wanted to join an evil organization to murder and rape and behead people come the fuck on

Does anyone, for clarification, have a good idea of exactly what the ISIS videos do to convince people? I think people in this thread are having a hard time understanding that there are people who don't think of ISIS (even those in ISIS seriously?) as an evil organization

Okay, so what is it exactly? You think these girls should have thought ISIS was an evil organization like you, like its so obvious duh, and they should go to jail for not having the same beliefs that you have, that you only have because you picked them up from the news.

and yeah man fuck yall for wanting to send 15 year old girls to terrorist camp for being brainwashed, im pissed off this shit is not a game they are humans with families who made a terrible mistake which in itself im sure was pretty damn scary and punishing

They didn't went to murder and rape. They wanted to be the wives of people who murder and rape. Yes they were brainwashed, but it takes a special kind of stupid to block out the beheading/murder videos these guys like to make public and somehow justify that as being ok

Why would they go to jail? That doesn't make any sense, did they actual commit a crime? Just because you run off to be with a dumb ass does not mean you have done anything wrong. You can not convict someone of a crime because of an organization or boyfriend. Legally the idea of them going to jail is laughable.

Its a criminal offense to join terrorist organizations. Law enforcement have arrested people flying to Syria and Iraq with the intention of joining ISIS. You not understanding that is laughable.

NH Apache

Banned

If you watch the Vice doc above, the parents obviously didn't want them to go.

More likely, they were driven away from their families by a manipulative source.

Kyzer

Banned
They didn't went to murder and rape. They wanted to be the wives of people who murder and rape. Yes they were brainwashed, but it takes a special kind of stupid to block out the beheading/murder videos these guys like to make public and somehow justify that as being ok

*facepalm*

Once again, this is using the media as a reason to know about ISIS, when the whole damn reason they were brainwashed is because they believe the public is being lied to about what ISIS is.

If they thought ISIS are these guys who murder and rape they wouldn't have left their families to join. Period.

Rush_Khan

Brainwashed kids coming to their senses. I hope they can come back safe.

Me too, but it's very unlikely that they made it out alive. Quite sad, really, but that's why no one should be joining this organisation, and parents should always have an idea of what their children are up too (not stalking, just make sure they're not doing anything dodgy). The parents of these girls were incredibly negligent and it's pretty much their fault for letting this happen, even if they are teenagers and knew what they were doing. Maybe I'm being slightly harsh on the parents, but that's how I see it anyway. Obviously, those girls deserve jail time for joining a terrorist organisation if they ever come back, but their story and experience would have been invaluable for would-be ISIS joiners.

SmokyDave

They're fucking idiots that willingly fucked off and signed up to aid a terrorist group. They knew exactly what they were doing. Stop pretending these poor innocent lambs were tricked over there with promises of kittens and ponies.

injurai

Banned
People saying it's because they're children that they were manipulated. Or that they deserve to reap what they sow and they should have known better. But both those stances completely ignores that the reality that faith compelled them to embark on this pilgrimage. They feared they weren't good enough muslims. It's not different than any other religious radical that struggles to rectify the inconsistency of their belief and their word around them. In turn they internalize that they aren't experience the majesty and glory of sanctity with divine because they aren't good enough in their faith. It is for these reason that they were able to build a rational around such a move. Well reality has proven the best of all wake up calls. Get those girls to safety, they now know the terrible reality that is the IS. A state which is against all well meaning people.

Two Words

It's always awkward when people act like they have to reserve their sympathy as if it's a precious metal or something. They fucked up, really bad. Sure, do t just forget about what they did, but there's no reason not to simply hope they manage to survive and learn from it.

this_guy

*facepalm*

Once again, this is using the media as a reason to know about ISIS, when the whole damn reason they were brainwashed is because they believe the public is being lied to about what ISIS is.

If they thought ISIS are these guys who murder and rape they wouldn't have left their families to join. Period.

So they had access to the same media, but chose to believe otherwise?

Khaz

Their story:

More like

"What we see on TV is a lie, propaganda made by the west. People at ISIS are fighting the good fight and we refuse to be sheeple. We know better because we saw it on the Internet."

darscot

Its a criminal offense to join terrorist organizations. Law enforcement have arrested people flying to Syria and Iraq with the intention of joining ISIS. You not understanding that is laughable.

Yeah ok, being arrested is one thing, being convicted of a crime is another. This kind of stupidity is mind bending. You can label any group, religion or cult as a terrorist organization.

TheContact

*facepalm*

you keep saying "media" but ISIS releases videos of them murdering people, murdering that pilot by burning him alive, stoning women to death for being a suspected adulturer. Some of this is sharia law which I can possibly understand why some people are ok with that, but burning people alive is against Islamic law, as is a shit ton of other stuff they themselves admit to doing.

*facepalm*

ISIS make their videos of executions/(insert crime against humanity here) public..........

Kyzer

Banned
They're fucking idiots that willingly fucked off and signed up to aid a terrorist group. They knew exactly what they were doing. Stop pretending these poor innocent lambs were tricked over there with promises of kittens and ponies.

They literally are promised great lives man...and the way you're talking...just imagine if it were your 15 year old daughter running away with a "drug dealer", but she sees him as a "free spirit"...

So they had access to the same media, but chose to believe otherwise?

Yeah, pretty much. Lol. I mean, is that not how propaganda works?

Do you think the general German population during WWII wanted to kill all jews?

you keep saying "media" but ISIS releases videos of them murdering people, murdering that pilot by burning him alive, stoning women to death for being a suspected adulturer. Some of this is sharia law which I can possibly understand why some people are ok with that, but burning people alive is against Islamic law, as is a shit ton of other stuff they themselves admit to doing.

ISIS make their videos of executions/(insert crime against humanity here) public..........

True...Like I said, does anyone have a real solid idea of what these recruitment videos are like, by any chance? It's hard to say either way but I have a hard time believing these girls joined ISIS thinking its a bunch of rapist drug addicted thugs who rape and trade women. Which is what ISIS is, because everyone knows...because media.

TheContact

Yeah ok, being arrested is one thing, being convicted of a crime is another. This kind of stupidity is mind bending. You can label any group, religion or cult as a terrorist organization.

No you can't. No one is calling Mormons terrorists. No one is calling Christians terrorists. People who call Muslims terrorists are ignorant idiots. Terrorists don't come in any skin color or creed. It's people who impose their will via terror.

King_Moc

Banned

Seriously. I've helped out in a youth organisation for the last since I was 18, and I've seen 15 years of kids go through the age of 15/16. They aren't clueless idiots and it's bizarre to suggest that they wouldn't grasp the enormity of what they were doing. If they chose to believe some nut jobs on the internet over the entire country that brought them up, then more fool them. I don't want them dead or anything, but to suggest they are blameless is utterly ridiculous. If they are able to come back, they need to be thoroughly investigated before being allowed back into society.

Kyzer

Banned
Seriously. I've helped out in a youth organisation for the last since I was 18, and I've seen 15 years of kids go through the age of 15/16. They aren't clueless idiots and it's bizarre to suggest that they wouldn't grasp the enormity of what they were doing. If they chose to believe some nut jobs on the internet over the entire country that brought them up, then more fool them. I don't want them dead or anything, but to suggest they are blameless is utterly ridiculous. If they are able to come back, they need to be thoroughly investigated before being allowed back into society.

Okay let's break it down. You work with 15 year olds. You think they are sentient and capable enough to decide which side to be on in a war?

Edit: gotta even it out a little bit, let's add + ... based on one of the side's propaganda? as the end of the question

darscot

What? No, you can't.

I dunno where you live but in most modern and free nations you actually have to commit a crime. Being a member of a group that commits a crime is not a crime unless you actively take part in a crime. We don't know shit about this, but people are making a hell of a stretch, we don't even know if the boyfriends actually took part in any crime. Every member of the NRA would have been arrested long ago, if one their members murdered someone. People need to give there head a shake and ease back on the fear mongering. I'm not saying ISIS does not do crazy shit, but you can not simple gather up every alleged member and haul them off to jail.

Kyzer

Banned
I dunno where you live but in most modern and free nations you actually have to commit a crime. Being a member of a group that commits a crime is not a crime unless you actively take part in a crime. We don't know shit about this, but people are making a hell of a stretch, we don't even know if the boyfriends actually took part in any crime. Every member of the NRA would have been arrested long ago, if one their members murdered someone. People need to give there head a shake and ease back on the fear mongering. I'm not saying ISIS does not do crazy shit, but you can not simple gather up every alleged member and haul them off to jail.

I think you're a little bit off, you're kinda right but you're kinda wrong. Aiding, abetting, even being present and not stopping a crime aren't you almost an accomplice? Plus war is totally different

dalin80

Banned
teenagers do stupid shit. what a surprise.

I know man, I remember when I was a teen. Got drunk, travelled to Ireland, joined the IRA took part in bombing several pub bombings and setting fire to several soldiers and just having a hell of a time. Woke up the next morning with the mother of all headaches and was like 'wow, that got off the chain'.

Good job I was just a teen otherwise joining up with a murderous terrorist organisation could have been seen as a really bad idea.

darscot

I think you're a little bit off, you're kinda right but you're kinda wrong. Aiding, abetting, even being present and not stopping a crime aren't you almost an accomplice? Plus war is totally different

Yeah the Nazi said the same shit, when they hauled of the Jews and everyone that aided and abetted them.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have a hard time feeling sorry for people like this. Like, DON'T YOU FUCKING SEE WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING? AND YOU WANT TO RUN AWAY AND MARRY ONE OF THEM?!

I mean, I guess they're brainwashed, like all these people. But still. People need to take some fucking responsibility for their own lives and not run away and join evil, murdering, raping terrorist organizations.

And yes, when I was their age I sure as fuck would have known better.

klonere

Banned

I'm pretty sure that being a member of a self-professed terrorist organization is a criminal offence itself in many many countries around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom