• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Driver (August, Directed by Edgar Wright)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, didn't he have the idea for this movie in mind awhile ago?

Like, long before any supposed "beef" with the studios (which doesn't seem to exist considering I don't think he's made a movie outside that system)

Dr.Acula

Banned
It's apparently way more representative of the movie's central conceit.

Also I don't know how "generic" fits in the least.

I feel like it's the exact opposite, the international trailer is much more unique and tells us about the music expect of the film, while the other trailer really doesn't.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I wish the first trailer had shown the music more and the international trailer did just that.

Maybe just watching them both back-to-back left me wanting for that intl. trailer.

Emarv

Would now be a bad time to mention this is probably gonna make like 40-45 mil and fall off a cliff, if the rest of his filmography is any indication?

It's honestly why I feel like the inclusion of Foxx and Hamm are deliberate. A little more standard American star power to at least make it not a total bomb. Fingers crossed.

BruceCLea

Banned
You realize Sony is backing this right?

Yes, of course I do. I'm saying this is a representation of what he's gone through with movie studios over the years.

It's not against some particular studio...it's just a byproduct of what he's experienced.

We're all trying to catch up to his tempo...it's just fucking brilliant.

Edgar Wright is a fucking genius.

JeTmAn81

I love me some Wright but this just looks ok. Ansel Elgort may very well be a black hole of charisma. Hoping for some use of the Simon and Garfunkel song.

Yes, of course I do. I'm saying this is a representation of what he's gone through with movie studios over the years.

It's not against some particular studio...it's just a byproduct of what he's experienced.

This narrative you're pushing appears to have no basis in reality, though.

ryan299

Domestic trailer did nothing for me, made the movie feel generic as hell. The international trailer on the other hand was great. Looking forward to it.

Everybody is going to hate the word baby by the end of the movie.

Apt101

That trailer is how it's done. Very different from his usual stuff. I guess he's done with the homages and wanted to make a kick ass action film of his own.

Fuck yes. That looked fantastic. This movie was barely on my radar before I saw this thread today.

Most anticipated by far for this year.

Where can I buy that poster?

I'm oddly unfazed by the trailer. Like, knowing it's Edgar Wright makes me excited for it, but I'm not anymore excited for the movie after seeing the trailer. Not sure why.

Movie is probably going to rock, though.

overcast

Killer trailer and super encouraging impressions. Wright gonna deliver again?

Like, long before any supposed "beef" with the studios (which doesn't seem to exist considering I don't think he's made a movie outside that system)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a passion project of his.

Matt

We're all trying to catch up to his tempo...it's just fucking brilliant.

Edgar Wright is a fucking genius.
This seems completely invented on your part.

Goddamn, now THAT is a great trailer!

This panning shot oh man
baby_driver_by_digi_matrix-db20rp7.gif

HotHamBoy

It's interesting how the two trailers differ.

Domestic starts with setting up the romance and empasises that theme.

International sets up the heist crew first.

Domestic features a comedy joke beat and a lot more John Hamm.

International demonstrates the "gimmick" of syncing the music to the action choreography, Domestic uses a song with "Baby" in the lyrics.

Radar Love is about truck drivers

NowhereTo Run is about not being able to shake off a crush despite a fear of that relationship

It's interesting how the two trailers differ.

Domestic starts with setting up the romance and empasises that theme.

International sets up the heist crew first.

Domestic features a comedy joke beat and a lot more John Hamm.

International demonstrates the "gimmick" of syncing the music to the action choreography, Domestic uses a song with "Baby" in the lyrics.

Radar Love is about truck drivers

NowhereTo Run is about not being able to shake off a crush despite a fear of that relationship

Spot on

"This is a movie that's been in my brain literally for the last 22 years." (Edgar Wright from SXSW Q&A)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I thought this was gonna be like Baby's Day Out but directed by Edgar Wright. I'm very mildly disappointed.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Probably going to be a good movie. Simply because of the cast alone.

But both trailers are uninspiring. There is something about this man's work lately. Feels like he is losing that magic.

Both trailers are already better action movies than all of the fast and furious movies combined though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom