• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Driver (August, Directed by Edgar Wright)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Ooh boy, the reactions from Twitter at SXSW have me so hyped.

baby_driver_twitter_sxsw_by_digi_matrix-db20dfs.jpg

baby_driver_twitter_sxsw_2_by_digi_matrix-db20dg2.jpg

baby_driver_twitter_sxsw_3_by_digi_matrix-db20dfx.jpg
Dont put too much into these things. This is a certain crowd.

Drive was heavily inspired by Walter Hills Driver movie and Wright is a big fan of that one too so the similarities were bound to show

MNC

I am going to show everyone both trailers because they are both equally beautiful in its own regard

That mike myers joke got me. And the radar love synchronized scenes.

*bow*

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
On a side note, I want Wright to do a legit musical, technicolor shot and everything. I love his attention to detail and the colour saturation in his movies. Fuck my dick is hard already.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, not feeling it. Not a fan of Elgort and Foxx, not sure if I even buy him as this amazing driver. Hamm and Spacey seem to deliver tho. Some of the dialogue and jokes....cringe.

Prolly catch it on Netflix on something.

Metalmarc

Saw the International Trailer first, it popped up on my youtube feed, had to dash over here to look for the thread, Radar Love trailer is best trailer.

2 Wayne's World references, kind of? (Radar Love was on the soundtrack to Waynes World 2,Mike Myers mask)

For some reason i thought all of the Chilli Peppers were in the Beach Scene in Point Break, it's been a while since i last saw it and i looked it up, turns out only Anthony Kiedis was in it, so no Point Break reference in the Trailers.

Any other pop culture references?

tomtom94

So it's Edgar Wright does The Transporter by way of one of Blade: Trinity's worst ideas. :p

I'm not sure. His movies have always been tricky to market, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm not too hot on the trailer at a first watch.

Rhoc

Looks unique and crazy. I like directors who try to take risks and Edgar Wright is definitely one of them. Also some good actors in this one. Can't wait but August is so far away.

Metalmarc

So it's Edgar Wright does The Transporter by way of one of Blade: Trinity's worst ideas. :p

I'm not sure. His movies have always been tricky to market, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm not too hot on the trailer at a first watch.

Have you tried watching the Internation Trailer? It's the better one.

Goodstyle

Wait, is this like an honest to God musical where the characters actually sing and stuff? Or are critics who are calling it that full of shit. I'd LOVE to see this if this were a legit musical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom