• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

Yama

duckroll said:
You're going to order a Japanese 1 month Live card with 24 hour shipping just for the demo?
I'd buy an Xbox for the demo if need be. I already bought a pack of DVD-R's this morning in order to avoid any possible frustrations. Serious business. :lol
panda21 said:
Fixed. :p

duckroll said:
You're going to order a Japanese 1 month Live card with 24 hour shipping just for the demo?
Does it have to be a japanese card? Can't just use the code of one I bought in a american gamestop?

duckroll

Revelations said:
Does it have to be a japanese card? Can't just use the code of one I bought in a american gamestop?

Nope. Cards are region locked, both Points and Live Subscriptions. :/

Dyno

Who's played this yet, tell me who? WHO!?!

Surely the Japanese getting first crack at this game is going to rile most members of the U.N. and lead to admonishment, sanction, censure, and even war!

So, for those who dare court an international incident and have played the demo, is it unbelieveably amazing or just simply the plain old run of the mill amazing like we got in Resident Evil 4?

I've waited long for this game and I think it's clear that I haven't falled victim to hype yet.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
duckroll said:
Nope. Cards are region locked, both Points and Live Subscriptions. :/

Really ? I just used a US xbox live subscription code on my euro account and it worked fine. I thought it was points only that were locked.

Yama

Revelations said:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es-77-c-49-en-15-xbox+live-70-2u1s.html

I'm sure you can find it cheaper, or at least have a J-Gaffer help out. This wouldn't be bad if you intend to play the full version of Biohazard 5 on the Japanese server though.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Are you sure about that? I've heard several times that live subscritpion codes are region free.
Aren't those the free trials? Perhaps there is a difference between the bundled freebies and the actual subscription cards.

Kandrick said:
Really ? I just used a US xbox live subscription code on my euro account and it worked fine. I thought it was points only that were locked.
Last time I checked live account cards are not locked.

MMaRsu

Banned
Anybody who can make a japanese account that has a new two weeks of gold? I already used all my extra gold accounts making them for usa japanese and UK :(.

Or if you have made one, can someone send me the login details so I can recover it once you have downloaded the demo? After that I would delete the account as I have no use for it really.

MMaRsu

Banned
Angelus Errare said:
Thank god I still have 3 of my 3 free gold accounts you get when you buy a 360. Hell thank god my launch box is still working

See post above yours ;)

kbear

Angelus Errare said:
Thank god I still have 3 of my 3 free gold accounts you get when you buy a 360. Hell thank god my launch box is still working
Hey bro would I be able to get your login and password for the Japan account?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Topic had me thinking that the demo was already up - just woke up and saw this...

I also used up all of my free Gold trials so I'll be looking for any means necessary to get this...

Also hopefully someone puts it up for everyone to burn to a DVD fairly quickly as well...

Revelations said:
Is it confirmed that we cant use 48 hour gold-trial codes on our silver jpn accounts to download the demo?
Aaaaah phooey!

They really won't work? I was counting on that. :(

Ah, well, anyone want to add me to their queue for a shared account? Would really appreciate it.

Is there any repercussions to signing up for a Japanese account from the US? Like it's not considered an exploit or something is it?

ToyMachine228 said:
Is there any repercussions to signing up for a Japanese account from the US? Like it's not considered an exploit or something is it?

no dont worry!

I just got my 700 japanese points through email purchased on ebay.. :)

kbear

andymcc said:
I created my Japanese 360 gold account... I hope this isn't region locked.
Yo can you share the love when the demo is up, andymcc? I swear I won't do anything... just need to queue the download and then I'll log off. Used my 5 gold trials already

Hammer24

Banned
kbear said:
Yo can you share the love when the demo is up, andymcc? I swear I won't do anything... just need to queue the download and then I'll log off. Used my 5 gold trials already

Don´t sweat - it´ll be downloadable within minutes from release. Remeber the GH demo? Same.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is this thread an appropriate place to ask how to create a Japanese Gamertag?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:
lol... op dude.
wait no way i must have missed it
omg i totally did, no GAF before coffee!
please dont ban me, no one was hurt

kbear

Hammer24 said:
The GH demo was an OXM exclusive - and downloadable within minutes, and worked everywhere (DVD, CD, USB stick). I´m sure it´ll be the same here.
So what you're saying is that when it drops, someone will upload it to the net and then we can just download it to our PC and then put it on a storage device like a USB flash drive and then put it in our 360 and it will play with no need for a modded console?

Top Bottom