• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

Hammer24

Banned
kbear said:
So what you're saying is that when it drops, someone will upload it to the net and then we can just download it to our PC and then put it on a storage device like a USB flash drive and then put it in our 360 and it will play with no need for a modded console?

Exactly. Just burn it on a data disk, put it in the (unmodded) console. GO TO THE DEMO BLADE (clicking on the disk doesn´t work!), and there it is. Enjoy!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
kbear said:
So what you're saying is that when it drops, someone will upload it to the net and then we can just download it to our PC and then put it on a storage device like a USB flash drive and then put it in our 360 and it will play with no need for a modded console?
I think have to burn it to a disc, actually.
But basically.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Fuck yes. Now we'll see if the AI Sheva is better than some of the footage they've shown. (unless, of course, it was that other lady talking)

Zenith

Banned
People are going to be disappointed when it plays just like re4. It's the later levels that are good, not the village one.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Metroidvania said:
Fuck yes. Now we'll see if the AI Sheva is better than some of the footage they've shown. (unless, of course, it was that other lady talking)

She's pretty competent. The biggest compliment I can give is that I forgot she was there half the time.

Her laser sight does let you see slightly hidden enemies though - if it suddenly darts across the room, you should take notice - that sort of stuff.

Metroidvania

Dimmuxx said:
Does anybody know the exact time when it will be up?

According to duckroll, at least 20 16 hours.

She's pretty competent. The biggest compliment I can give is that I forgot she was there half the time.

Her laser sight does let you see slightly hidden enemies though - if it suddenly darts across the room, you should take notice - that sort of stuff.

Thanks, that's a bit of a relief.

AmMortal

Banned
I can't wait to beat the crap out of fellow africans. Mine is justified, caucasian gaf.

KAN YOU SAY DE SAME THING?!

Metroidvania

duckroll said:
You could at least adjust that taking into account the hours that have passed since then you know... :)

I'm being pessimistic now to be pleasantly surprised later tonight. :p

Synless

This may sound stupid.....but it is legal to download a demo of a torrent site right? I mean there isn't some kind of legality issue because you didn't download it off their service right?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Synless said:
This may sound stupid.....but it is legal to download a demo of a torrent site right? I mean there isn't some kind of legality issue because you didn't download it off their service right?
Well, we won't know until we read the EULA, I suppose. If it's explicitly mentioned in there, it's a legality issue. Otherwise it isn't.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
dombl5.gif

2yl2rlg.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
If I do Dot5Cal's thing will I be able to delete the profile once I'm done with the demo? That's assuming new trail Japanese gold accounts can download the demo. I've never had the need for another profile on my 360.

Any good tutorials for creating a JPN account? I'm not sure I know how to do it...

And the 1 month cards I can get at Gamestop work on these accounts?

--OR--

Am I better off just grabbing it off Usenet/Torrent and burning it to disc?

MMaRsu

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Any good tutorials for creating a JPN account? I'm not sure I know how to do it...
And the 1 month cards I can get at Gamestop work on these accounts?

--OR--

Am I better off just grabbing it off Usenet/Torrent and burning it to disc?

Read the OP dude.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ouch McBacon got banned for that huh? I was thinking maybe I should have told him to edit that, but I wasn't sure it was bannable.

Guess so! Sucks McBacon, see you back soon hopefully :).

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Fair enough, didn't catch that link. Thanks for pointing it out.

No probs man :)

duckroll

I just want to be clear. This is a demo, and it's free, and MS has no rules against people burning demos to disc or whatever and running them (since they clearly allow it and don't ban people on Xbox Live for it). So if you want to talk about it, it's cool. If you wanna talk about sharing accounts (at your own risk, since people could steal them) that's cool too, it's just being generous. But do NOT, not now and not EVER, link to or be helpful to suggest how to get to torrent sites or warez sites that will contain other forms of totally illegal material that happens to include said demo.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Zenith said:
People are going to be disappointed when it plays just like re4. It's the later levels that are good, not the village one.

Bullcrap. The village was and still is one of my most favorite parts. Boss fights aside, my first run through that was probably my most tense section. New to the game, shit for weapons, and an angry mob relentlessly attacking you. On top of all that the chilling roar of a chainsaw coming your way.

123rl

15 hours? Really?? :(

Well I have a JPN account set up, I used my 1 month Xbox Live card that I got last year, so I'm ready for it. Bring it on! :D

mittelos

SnakeXs said:
Bullcrap. The village was and still is one of my most favorite parts. Boss fights aside, my first run through that was probably my most tense section. New to the game, shit for weapons, and an angry mob relentlessly attacking you. On top of all that the chilling roar of a chainsaw coming your way.
Totally agree.

Got my japan gold account set up and my alarm set for 3am! I set my gamertag as mittelostokyo, which I feel is very clever. :lol If we are able to download this thing, will it run under our normal profile, or will you have to be signed-in to the japan account to play?

Top Bottom