• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

It's bittersweet coming up with cool stuff in training mode that's not really viable in a match. Still, screwing around with Bang's 22A cape in FRKZ does some really goofy stuff. 292A is essentially a 3/4th's screen shorthop that can be cancelled in any direction midair with his 8 way dash. Kinda hard to do and set up position-wise, but it's still a lot of fun to mess with.

I guess against certain players I can go for a knockdown and on their neutral tech activate and make them guess a multi-side high/low with it, but that really requires knowing they'll neutral tech and also making them guess wrong with a DP if they have one. Unfortunately I'm really bad at reading people. >_>

Naite

Played BBCPEX for about a few hours. Not sure what it is yet but I'm really not enjoying Azrael in this version. Feel like going back to maining Bang, or picking up Bullet.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been playing some regular 1.1. Seeing what Ragna can't do in 1.1 but can in EX, it's crazy how much the GH and 5D buffs helped him out so much.

Played BBCPEX for about a few hours. Not sure what it is yet but I'm really not enjoying Azrael in this version. Feel like going back to maining Bang, or picking up Bullet.

Yeah, a friend of mine I used to play with dropped CPEX because of Azrael's changes. He's not as fun to gorilla with as he used to be. The changes to his rekka means you actually have to hit confirm his links, and the weaker Growler makes him more reliant than ever on his backdash. He's not bad, but he's harder and there are other characters who can do what he does better now.

Bang is notably better, which is pretty great considering I thought he was one of the most underrated characters in CP. Bullet does less damage but is considered better overall than in CP and is still probably one of the 3 easiest characters to play.

EDIT: I'll be on for the next hour+ if anyone wants to play.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
^ Sucks to hear that about Azrael. How about Izayoi, I heard she's better than before?

^ Sucks to hear that about Azrael. How about Izayoi, I heard she's better than before?

I know nothing about her so you'd need to ask someone better, but I know she's higher on the tiers and I remember hearing she was easier to play now. She floated right in the middle of the pack in Dora's and Goro's tierlists.

Bullet's new 5D is so bad. The new startup after the release kills its use as a counterpoke, and as a mixup tool. I'm fine with them making it more negative on block, though I still think losing a heat level and ending with ~0 frame advantage was enough of a punishment for not hitting, but damn I feel completely neutered in neutral. I can't use her as a "stop pressing buttons" character anymore.

Top Bottom