• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather called Conor McGregor a gay slur (the f one)

BadAss2961

Even if I wholeheartedly agreed (and I don't, but still) I already said we can set that aside, and did so. I don't think it's at all plausible you're going to watch a good fight. It's going to be shit. And if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll go on whatever list you're keeping of NeoGAF Scarlet Letters who got caught being wrong in public.

But you're not gonna see me in that live thread, Bunny.
The fight might be pretty good if Conor can take a beating like Gatti.

BunnyBear

Every one of your posts in this thread makes you come off as a smart ass.

An undeservedly smug smartass.

What am I "trying" to do besides talk to you?

Why is "trying" in and of itself as offensive to you as my confidence in my own opinions?

You're trying hard to be nonchalant and obscure now, which is a marked departure from earlier when you were spitting hot fire about these two men and the quality of the fight in some decidedly edgy and lengthy posts.

It's not offensive, but it is silly. Stop playing the teflon character and be real. You know as much about what's gonna happen as I do. Fuck all.

Ronin Ray

Every person who buys this PPV should be put on a registry and have their voting rights removed and never be selected for jury duty. If you're sucker enough to fall for the most obvious scam in human history, I don't want you to have a hand in electing our leaders or in charge of determining whether someone goes to jail for life.

I was shocked so many people on my Facebook are falling for this and think Connor is going to win then i remember Trump's our president and why am I surprised by anything anymore

Stop playing the teflon character and be real.

What?

I'm not playing a character, and even if I were, it sure as shit isn't fuckin' teflon, Bunny.

Again - your offense at displays of confidence (as meager as they might be in the form of forum posts, of all the goddamn things) is not my problem.

And at this point (far beyond due) I feel like if you wanna discuss me and aspects of my personality that chafe your dong, just PM me. We can talk there if you'd like to further enumerate the things about me that fuel any number of subthreads and off-board forums dedicated to tiny cliques of people who share your concern over how cool people might or might not look here at NeoGAF.com

Gonna watch this fight and I am excited for it.

Of course this isn't gonna be any type of real boxing event.

However, we are seeing the biggest name in boxing squaring off against the biggest name in MMA.

I am interested to see how bad McGregor will get beat. End this whole debate that MMA guys can hang with boxers in the ring. Everyone knows boxers would get killed in the octagon, time to show that the same is true for MMA guys in boxing. These are two sports are not comoparable. This shpould put an end to it.

ApharmdX

Banned
What Mayweather said here is wrong and he's got a long history of being a piece of shit, but his skills can't be argued- beat Pacquiao, made Canelo look like a chump, among many other accomplishments. As far as McGregor, who knows, the racism may be an act, or not (he went kinda racist in the buildup for the Aldo fight as well). I'm still going to watch this farce at the bar. Can't be bothered to drop $100 on the PPV and I don't feel like having a party, but I can do a $10 cover to watch the best boxer of his era pick apart an amateur who has never had a pro boxing match.

Racism and homophobia has been and continues to be a part of boxing.

That's not an excuse, it's a simple fact. The sport feels like a relic of the past. I will say, I am disgusted with the UFC's involvement here. Didn't they drop Miguel Torres for his rape van joke? Haven't they dropped fighters for domestic violence? But they are ok with the comments by Connor and Floyd in this boxing match, which they are co-promoting? I guess money washes away all sins.

Gonna watch this fight and I am excited for it.

Of course this isn't gonna be any type of real boxing event.

However, we are seeing the biggest name in boxing squaring off against the biggest name in MMA.

I am interested to see how bad McGregor will get beat. End this whole debate that MMA guys can hang with boxers in the ring. Everyone knows boxers would get killed in the octagon, time to show that the same is true for MMA guys in boxing. These are two sports are not comoparable. This shpould put an end to it.

This is how I feel. I wish it were a kickboxing match, though. That would be more interesting.

BruceCLea

Banned
Got nothing on the GOAT Iron Mike tbough...

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" 

I love how he talked about the most homoerotic shit to his opponent in his little lisp

dream

It's not about your confidence, Bobby Roberts. It's about frequency, repetitiveness, and an apparent inability to ever stop talking.

And had I no confidence in sharing those frequent, repetitive comments, I'm sure the frequency of them might be less, yes? Correct?

If my very presence bothers you this much then put me on ignore, Dream.

My invite to Bunny is fully extended to you as well. All dong-chafed kiddoes can drop me a line anytime. I've got a free weekend.

dream

And had I no confidence in sharing those frequent, repetitive comments, I'm sure the frequency of them might be less, yes? Correct?

If my very presence bothers you this much then put me on ignore, Dream.

My invite to Bunny is fully extended to you as well. All dong-chafed kiddoes can drop me a line anytime. I've got a free weekend.

Here's the thing: we know that you think this PPV is a scam, that it's at best a squash match between a "racist" and a "homophobe." We knew this at 12:49am, eastern time, on July 15, 2017. We knew that without you repeating it ad infinitum in the subsequent hours. All you've been doing since then is jerking yourself off.

And if there was any inkling--even the slightest hint--that you knew what you're talking about, the way you do when you muse on, say, the Skywalker clan, there might be a discussion to be had. But when the twenty-seven posts that you've made in this thread basically amount to "don't buy this PPV because I am right," there's no real discussion here. There's just the monotonous sounds of a bleating Bobby Roberts.

Vagabundo

Have they fucked yet? Fought. I meant fought.

So have they fucked yet?

Damn, I did it again.

p1MZbWf.gif

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Man the trash talk here between Bobby and Bunny/Dream is better than Floyd and Conor.

Rur0ni

Here's the thing: we know that you think this PPV is a scam, that it's at best a squash match between a "racist" and a "homophobe." We knew this at 12:49am, eastern time, on July 15, 2017. We knew that without you repeating it ad infinitum in the subsequent hours. All you've been doing since then is jerking yourself off.

And if there was any inkling--even the slightest hint--that you knew what you're talking about, the way you do when you muse on, say, the Skywalker clan, there might be a discussion to be had. But when the twenty-seven posts that you've made in this thread basically amount to "don't buy this PPV because I am right," there's no real discussion here. There's just the monotonous sounds of a bleating Bobby Roberts.
I'm glad someone said this. I feel like my eyes were going to roll out of my head after reading (and eventually skimming, then ignoring) post after post he's bitched about this PPV in this uncomfortable self-fellating way.

Mahonay

Banned
So many suckers.

And handing over their money to fucking douchebags on top of it.
To be fair, many athletes in every major sport are tremendous douchebags. It's not unique to boxing. This is just getting blown up because they are trying to hype the fight up.

bionic77

I don't think anyone is being a sucker.

Pretty much everyone knows how this fight will go, and people want to see that.
A lot of people think Conor has a legit shot.

I know Floyd is going to clown him but at this point it is a cultural event and me and my friends will watch and then bitch about it afterwards like everyone else.

dream

I know Floyd is going to clown him but at this point it is a cultural event and me and my friends will watch and then bitch about it afterwards like everyone else.

Exactly. It's a spectacle, a genuinely cultural event in combat sports, and those are always fun.

It blows my mind that someone who quibbles over minutiae in event films like Avengers and Ghostbusters can't see that.

PopeReal

To be fair, many athletes in every major sport are tremendous douchebags. It's not unique to boxing. This is just getting blown up because they are trying to hype the fight up.

Very true.

But it is the combination of the absurtity of the fight and character shown by these dudes.

It is a shit sandwich either way you look at it.

I think those who think he has a shot are the hardcore MMA fans,

I am talking from my own anecdotal evidence, but most boxing fans know that boxing is a limited sport. A boxer who has trained his life to biox is not gonna be able to compete in the octagon

MMA fans seem to think that even the worst guy is gonna be able to KO a boxer in the ring,

I enjoy both sports, but one is a limited art while the other is guys learning several differnet arts. To think either could compete with each other is ridiculous.

Hopefully, this fight will end the debate and going forward we can enjoy both combat sports for what they are.

Takuan

More have joined the Conor camp as a direct result of this press tour, so mission accomplished. The purpose was always to catch the attention of the casual public. No one with a basic understanding of boxing believes Conor has a chance, not even Brandon Schwab.

Make no mistake, we're going to see these two hug it out and smile at the end of this. It's good business for both of them, and neither of them are going to care about the insults once their cheques clear.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Here is Conor's shot.

There is water in the ring and Floyd slips or Floyd decides to completely change up his style and do something stupid.

It would be better for people to understand that this is an exhibition match. It's as real as Thunder Lips vs Rocky. Neither one is going to do more than put on a show for the biggest payday of their life.

It's really too bad this isn't a Hell in a Cell match. No way a boxing match lives up to this hype.

Floyd and Conor are both working GAF hard lately though.

Oscar

Jon Jones is a shittier human being than both Conor and Floyd combined, but I still watch his fights because he's arguably the GOAT. I watch Boxing/MMA to see some high quality violence go down, not for the personalities.

Granted, I will be passing on this bout because I am not a fan of Mayweather's boring defensive point scoring centric style. If Canelo couldn't pull it off, I highly doubt novice Conor will.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

Floyd is one of the greatest salesmen of all time. Hey, I'm going to get you so mad at me that I'll make you pay money to be so invested in me losing, I'll do my part in propping up my opponent and then on fight night, I'm going to use his head as a fucking pinata for 12 rounds. Every. Single. Time. This fight will be no different, actually, it might be worse, Conor's head and midsection as a pinata.

Sad, andnot even just this but also the asian slurs against pac?

yeah i still wouldnt support this guy, luckily im not invested in boxing or mma anyways

BadAss2961

Floyd is one of the greatest salesmen of all time. Hey, I'm going to get you so mad at me that I'll make you pay money to be so invested in me losing, I'll do my part in propping up my opponent and then on fight night, I'm going to use his head as a fucking pinata for 12 rounds. Every. Single. Time. This fight will be no different, actually, it might be worse, Conor's head and midsection as a pinata.
The joy in Floyd's face when Conor got all of London to shout "fuck Floyd Mayweather!" I think he came.

Jon Jones is a shittier human being than both Conor and Floyd combined, but I still watch his fights because he's arguably the GOAT. I watch Boxing/MMA to see some high quality violence go down, not for the personalities.

Granted, I will be passing on this bout because I am not a fan of Mayweather's boring defensive point scoring centric style. If Canelo couldn't pull it off, I highly doubt novice Conor will.
Agreed. Jones got arrested for a DUI after wrecking his newly-purchased Bentley GT with two women inside, neither of whom were his betrothed baby mama, and a while after that fled the scene after running a red light and crashing into a car containing a pregnant woman in a separate incident. Also at one point harassed a kid on social media telling him that homosexuality is a sin. Real actions that affected real people, not just empty, albeit offensive, words said in an attempt to promote a PPV event.

Didn't I call it? In yesterday's thread where people were outright cheering and rooting for Mayweather to beat Conor I said that Floyd will say something horrible the next day and then those people will regret rooting for Floyd.

Saganator

Gotta hand it to Mayweather and his promotion company, they've really hyped this to the max. Mayweather and Conner are laughing all the way to the bank no matter who wins or gets offended.

VoxPop

I honestly don't think anyone really cares about the homophobic/racist insults hurled except GAF. And Lol @ people begging people not to watch the fight because it won't be interesting when there is literally 30 pages just about the press conference.

Yeah, it's a circus. They've both said some stupid shit. But in the end it's to watch them fight or rather just see the outcome. MayPac was a fucking snoozefest and that was hyped for a decade with both saying stupid shit and it was the biggest PPV of all time.

kinggroin

Banned
You think being wrong about a fight on the internet is all it takes to look like an "absolute clown?"

Jesus Christ.

Even if I do end up being wrong about the quality of this fight (and I'm not gonna be), so fuckin' what. It's the off-topic side of a gaming forum. 9/10ths of you guys are completely anonymous and don't talk to anyone else anywhere else but here. So the only people who are going to think I'm a clown are the people in this particular peanut gallery, and even then, it's gonna get forgotten for the most part in less than 2 days at most because the worst that happened is one loudmouth hobbit on the internet at one gaming forum guessed wrong about the entertainment level of a carny sham perpetrated by two repugnant pieces of shit.

If that's all it takes to attain Absolute Clownhood then I already have an entire closet filled with blousy polka-dotted pants and giant-ass shoes.

Best post

Dehnus

Did you not watch the video I posted just a few posts up? Ali was every bit as nasty and racist as Conor.

Ali was Nasty, I don't deny that, but he at least was a poet, rather than just blaring insults.

And no I didn't watch your videos as I just read over your post. This thread is moving fast, and one doesn't always read every reply to his posts. But let me give you an example of "Racist Ali" and why it was different.

Ali was a product of the 50's, so yes he was a racist. As was almost everybody back in those days. Segregation was a big thing back then, as was the push back from the black community to be seen as more than just "lesser human beings".

It was different just as it is different for a feminist to call for "castrating all men" is to the religious leader calling for "female circumcision". The latter is an oppressor trying to oppress, the former is trying to open up the eyes of the masses to the suppression going on in this world. There were some very angry black people in those days, and they had every right to be, they were beaten for simply going to a school!

Now don't get me wrong, I condemn practises like what the Nation of Islam did (it was a cult), but if you call out Malcolm ex, apostate of that cult, for being harsh with his words, when black people were still being hung for simply looking at a white person wrong? Then you are truly missing the point of his time.

But there is a difference between trying to shock, and being a racist chauvinist bigot. Muhammed Ali often tried to shock, he was nasty to his (ex) wives. But unlike the a bigot, he improved himself, he changed stances, he left the Nation of Islam (a bit too late if you ask me... but okay). He was proud of his daughter becoming a boxer whom is an apostate of Islam I might add.

And that is the main point here, Mayweather should know better, he isn't a product of the 50's. Granted he is still a product of the segregated USA, where even progressive comedies like Modern Family still show people marrying by the colour of their skin (Black with Black, white with white, and other bullshit like that). But unlike Ali, he knows that gay people are not gay by choice and even though it is still a setback to be born black over being born white in the USA (so much of a setback that you can end up being shot just for the colour of your epidermis), it is not as bad as it was in the 50's.

Mayweather should know better, and he choose to do it anyway. And that I hold against him, it is also why I hold Ali in higher regard than him. Times were different. Don't get me wrong, McGregor also is an arse, just as much. And I hope both will get very little cash from this over marketed event. But if you see how Mayweather shouts and articulates, or McGregor for that matter, and you see how Ali articulates and Rhymes, one can cleary see that Ali is the more intelligent and decent of the three.

Top Bottom