• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather called Conor McGregor a gay slur (the f one)

I'm cringing. You're trying so hard. Just stop

LOL.

You think that's a lack of self-awareness I'm showing there?

Who is that post you just made for?

Why are you cringing.

And who do you think I'm judging? You think I'm judging you? People who are going to buy the fight? I'm not judging you guys. I'm suggesting you might wanna save your cash for something that provides a better return on investment. But the only two people I'm seriously judging in any way are the two people at the center of this carny sham relying on racism, sexism, homophobia and the general lowest aspects of humanity to drum up attention in their "fight."

That's it.

Every person who buys this PPV should be put on a registry and have their voting rights removed and never be selected for jury duty. If you're sucker enough to fall for the most obvious scam in human history, I don't want you to have a hand in electing our leaders or in charge of determining whether someone goes to jail for life.

I like the idea that a serial wife beater doesn't actually hate gay people but is just playing a character to get more people to watch this fight.

I mean, there's a lot of assumptions in there...

The post is made for everyone else reading what you wrote who are all thinking the same thing.

Okay, then.

So you're all, apparently, thinking that I'm judging you guys, personally. That I personally think you guys are lesser than me for buying a PPV that's certain to disappoint you.

Why do you think that, Matt? What about anything I've written has led you to jump to that conclusion?

Conor's boxing skill is nowhere close to Mayweather's, what's the point of even pretending this will be a fight.

This is like pretending that a series between the Warriors and Brooklyn Nets would be close.

And obviously Conor would win if this was an MMA match.

BunnyBear

The only "clowns" are going to be the people who will live the rest of their life knowing they fell for the biggest con in sports history. I don't give a damn if you're so rich that 100 dollars is like a penny to you, would you willingly give a penny away to someone who is screaming in your face that they are trying to con you?

You will be a part of an infamous club in the annals of history alongside all those people who fell for the Nigerian e-mail scam and people who thought pyramid schemes were a good business opportunity. Enjoy.

Yeah, but what if it's good? I mean, it's possible. Pacqiou v Horn was meant to be a washout and it turned out to be probably one of the best boxing matches in years with an underdog winner.

That's my point. I'll never understand people who hitch their wagon 100 per cent to one particular side, especially in a non-linear sport where anything could happen and often does. Sure, have an opinion, but don't be so arrogant as to believe without doubt that you know what's gonna happen. You fucking don't. Nobody does. You're setting yourself up for failure and you'll like a prat ala PhoenixDark.

Yeah, but what if it's good? I mean, it's possible

But is it plausible?

Nah. It really isn't.

For someone being worried about the free judgment of people you've never met for the flimsiest of reasons, you're attaching a lot of weight to a person's entire worth based on whether or not they agree with you on something as relatively lightweight as this Carny Sham Fight of our Young and Shameful Century.

You honestly think "Looking a prat like PhoenixDark" is some sort of horrific black mark that will stain the very soul.

Like, why would anyone care. It's some "We got Dogdson" shit.

PopeReal

I'm cringing. You're trying so hard. Just stop. Pls. I bet you were one of the people who thought Hillary was a certainty, and that Diaz had no chance. Though maybe not because you clearly lack knowledge on either boxing or MMA.

Someone with your lack of self-awareness shouldn't be casting judgement on anyone.

Holy fuck dude, read your own post. Slowly.

Hillary? Self awareness needs to be practiced, indeed.

BunnyBear

The post is made for everyone else reading what you wrote who are all thinking the same thing. Basically anyone who read your post.

Exactly.

Okay, then.

So you're all, apparently, thinking that I'm judging you guys, personally. That I personally think you guys are lesser than me for buying a PPV that's certain to disappoint you.

Why do you think that, Matt? What about anything I've written has led you to jump to that conclusion?

No, I don't think nor care if you were judging us, but you come across as an arrogant and unnecessarily verbose know-it-all who is just asking to be proven wrong, and that's something I'll never understand. Why do it to yourself? We're in a world where the unexpected happens all the time. You repeatedly said the fight will categorically not be any good. How do you know?!

Just ease up. That's all.

Alebrije

Box is a circus these days. You know this when Canelo vs Chavez "fight" is a big event when just few years ago nobody would care about it.

Floyd McGregor is the same , box fights marketed as Wretlers. , soon before the fights we will have the complete clowns show.

Nxu5KM6L56F9WeYxYVr87ovbBa2IDvjQzEwhpP-z9_3UQ4DLITpxzgVIwWEgDbnesLXU5eAKUXkHuRQPWZQxb43bmaoN-WskSMC6RBCKGWMVga9hJTPT-Q=w320-h247-nc

No, I don't think nor care if you were judging us, but you come across as an arrogant and unnecessarily verbose know-it-all who is just asking to be proven wrong, and that's something I'll never understand. Why do it to yourself? We're in a world where the unexpected happens all the time. You repeatedly said the fight will categorically not be any good. How do you know?!

Why does it matter to you this much whether or not someone else has the confidence in their opinion to state it as plainly as possible? Why are you this bothered by the notion I'm not giving myself the out of any wiggle room so that I don't have to appear wrong in front of other people on the internet.

I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again. Being wrong isn't a fucking horrific scar I have to wear on my pudgy face like Kylo Ren for the rest of my pitiful days.

Like, it's being made very clear that what's important to you isn't even really the quality of the fight. It's that I'm personally annoying you not by suggesting you might be wrong, but by my being so certain I'm going to be right. That's what's itching your spleen so mightily. That the potential of my being wrong doesn't matter to me as much as it does to you.

That is fucking you up right now.

I don't get why.

Alebrije

Conor's boxing skill is nowhere close to Mayweather's, what's the point of even pretending this will be a fight.

This is like pretending that a series between the Warriors and Brooklyn Nets would be close.

And obviously Conor would win if this was an MMA match.

Well , if this was a fight :

images

Anything can be a fight.

BunnyBear

But is it plausible?

Nah. It really isn't.

For someone being worried about the free judgment of people you've never met for the flimsiest of reasons, you're attaching a lot of weight to a person's entire worth based on whether or not they agree with you on something as relatively lightweight as this Carny Sham Fight of our Young and Shameful Century.

You honestly think "Looking a prat like PhoenixDark" is some sort of horrific black mark that will stain the very soul.

Like, why would anyone care. It's some "We got Dogdson" shit.

You obviously care because you've spent four pages ramming your opinion down everyone's throat in increasingly verbose fashion. I don't know why you are continually doing so, but it must be some sort of need to be heard or a desire to point out how silly everyone is being.

I don't know what's gonna happen. I can guess, and I actually lean to your side on thinking it will be a bit of a fizzer, but I'm realistic enough to know anything could happen and that's why people are forking over the cash.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Sigh, we need a new Muhammed Ali really, someone who could rhyme and joke while making fun of his opponent without looking like a total douchebag.

Ali called Joe Frazier an Uncle Tom and a Gorilla. Social media today would have eaten him alive.

You obviously care because you've spent four pages ramming your opinion down everyone's throat in increasingly verbose fashion.

On top of my being confident enough in my opinion to share it in the appropriate thread, it also appears to annoy you mightily that I use words.

We're approaching "that bitch over there eating crackers" atmosphere here, Bunny.

Look: You want to entertain the possibility that the fight could actually be good, divorced from the fact the two people at the center of it are a human tire fire. Okay. Setting their bullshit aside, you want to believe there's a sliver of hope that something could come from this fight that will be even remotely entertaining.

I don't. I don't think there's worth in believing that at all.

That's all, man!

Every person who buys this PPV should be put on a registry and have their voting rights removed and never be selected for jury duty. If you're sucker enough to fall for the most obvious scam in human history, I don't want you to have a hand in electing our leaders or in charge of determining whether someone goes to jail for life.

Omg haha

Well, there is precedent. See any Mayweather fight ever.

n=49 is actually a pretty good sample size

Anth0ny

Ali called Joe Frazier an Uncle Tom and a Gorilla. Social media today would have eaten him alive.

It's so true. This shit has been "fake" since the 60s

Frazier died believing Ali's Parkinson's and brain damage was a punishment from god for his trash talk.

BunnyBear

Why does it matter to you this much whether or not someone else has the confidence in their opinion to state it as plainly as possible? Why are you this bothered by the notion I'm not giving myself the out of any wiggle room so that I don't have to appear wrong in front of other people on the internet.

I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again. Being wrong isn't a fucking horrific scar I have to wear on my pudgy face like Kylo Ren for the rest of my pitiful days.

Like, it's being made very clear that what's important to you isn't even really the quality of the fight. It's that I'm personally annoying you not by suggesting you might be wrong, but by my being so certain I'm going to be right. That's what's itching your spleen so mightily. That the potential of my being wrong doesn't matter to me as much as it does to you.

That is fucking you up right now.

I don't get why.

I have expended about a tenth of the energy and emotion that you have in this thread, so spare me the psychoanalysis.

I don't like unfounded arrogance, no, but I do constantly wonder and am continually baffled by people who are so sure of their opinion, despite a weight of recent evidence that doing so is an incredibly moronic thing to do. So when I see it in a thread about a boxing match that could plausibly go either way, I have to say something because I find it particularly asinine.

Plus, it's hard to debate with anyone who thinks they are 100 per cent right about SOMETHING THAT HASNT HAPPENED YET, particularly on a platform where debate is kinda the point. That irks me too. Don't worry, it's not just you, I see it a lot here.

I still remind NinjaScooter constantly about the time he gave Diaz no chance. We know how that ended.

Plus, it's hard to debate with anyone who thinks they are 100 per cent right about SOMETHING THAT HASNT HAPPENED YET, particularly on a platform where debate is kinda the point. That irks me too. Don't worry, it's not just you, I see it a lot here.

Was Mayweather vs Paquio any good?

There's your answer.

We've seen the training videos.

We know how each person fights.

Do you think its going to be anything other than Mayweather kicking the shit out of an overaggressive McGregor? Naw. IT AINT HAPPENIN'.

I have expended about a tenth of the energy and emotion that you have in this thread, so spare me the psychoanalysis.

I'm not psychoanalyzing you. You're just kinda offering all this shit up voluntarily, man. And I'd imagine that takes a lot more effort than my posts are. Not that it matters, because this isn't a contest anyway.

(We got Dodgson here!)

I do constantly wonder and am continually baffled by people who are so sure of their opinion, despite a weight of recent evidence that doing so is an incredibly moronic thing to do.

So yeah, you're personally bothered by the notion of confidence. And as support for that, you're citing the presidential election. I get it, that election shook a lot of people. Shook me too. But I don't know that whatever's been going on with the treasonous collusion that led to what is already the worst presidential administration in living memory is reason enough to start doubting everything to the level that looking at this carny sham necessitates I take a step back and start swallowing the nearest fence with my asshole.

I still remind NinjaScooter constantly about the time he gave Diaz no chance. We know how that ended.

(We got Dodgson here!)

Turin

Banned

Ali certainly wasn't a perfect person(at one point he went before the KKK to share his views on race separation) but, for what it's worth, he did walk back a lot of that bullshit as he got older and distanced himself from The Nation of Islam.

BunnyBear

On top of my being confident enough in my opinion to share it in the appropriate thread, it also appears to annoy you mightily that I use words.

We're approaching "that bitch over there eating crackers" atmosphere here, Bunny.

Look: You want to entertain the possibility that the fight could actually be good, divorced from the fact the two people at the center of it are a human tire fire. Okay. Setting their bullshit aside, you want to believe there's a sliver of hope that something could come from this fight that will be even remotely entertaining.

I don't. I don't think there's worth in believing that at all.

That's all, man!

The quality of Floyd or Connor as people is irrelevant when considering the potential quality of the fight. Most people don't watch either sport for the warm and fuzzy characters, it's to watch their fav fighter win or to see something they don't like beaten. The fact they both may be dirtbags actuallly increases many people's interest in the fight.

Yes, I am entertaining that possibility. It's plausible. And it's a lot more realistic to consider the fight may deliver something than to completely write it off before it happens.

I'll see you in the live thread, guaranteed.

The quality of Floyd or Connor as people is irrelevant when considering the potential quality of the fight.

Even if I wholeheartedly agreed (and I don't, but still) I already said we can set that aside, and did so. I don't think it's at all plausible you're going to watch a good fight. It's going to be shit. And if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll go on whatever list you're keeping of NeoGAF Scarlet Letters who got caught being wrong in public.

But you're not gonna see me in that live thread, Bunny.

Dehnus

I know, but keep in mind, Frazier wasn't the nicest of guys either. On top of that, I haven't heard Ali use words that are used to insult whole groups to insult deprecate one guy. And that is just what this is, it isn't that he used the word "faggot" it is that mister Mayweather finds being gay so despicable that we are subhuman to him. And thus a terrible insult to be hurled at the other party.

In that way it is the same as if someone uses the N-Word to insult someone, it isn't the word itself that hurts the most, it is that the person that uses it thinks black people are subhuman and thus to be used as an insult.

Ali was calling out Frazier as he was taking the sides of government and white racists, something that was an even bigger problem back then than now. (And it still is a huge problem). But there are no people that are born "Uncle toms" or born "Gorillas". A gorilla is an animal, and yes that can be used as an insult to a black person, but it is nothing compared to this. Gay people are born the way they are, and to use them to question another person's abilities or credentials with a very loaded slur is extremely hostile.

Both of these idiots can go fuck themselves. And I hope nobody is even buying a ticket for that damn fight, but alas... knowing society... the "Great White Hope" folks on one side and the "Gay Bashers" on the other will by themselves flood the ticket lines over this :(.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Even if I wholeheartedly agreed (and I don't, but still) I already said we can set that aside, and did so. I don't think it's at all plausible you're going to watch a good fight. It's going to be shit. And if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll go on whatever list you're keeping of NeoGAF Scarlet Letters who got caught being wrong in public.

This is what will determine if the fight is boring Bobby. How does Conor react to getting hit flush with hard punches he doesn't see coming namely counter punches. Guys like Marcos Maidana and Jose Castillo kept pressing Floyd even while getting hit and it made Floyd uncomfortable. Most of the other opponents he fought once they realize how accurate he is and how difficult it is to hit him flush get frustrated and start giving up a little mentally.

BunnyBear

I'm not psychoanalyzing you. You're just kinda offering all this shit up voluntarily, man. And I'd imagine that takes a lot more effort than my posts are. Not that it matters, because this isn't a contest anyway.

(We got Dodgson here!)

No. You're trying again. You've been on about this is multi-paragraph posts for four pages now.

I don't get the Dodgson reference but judging by the rest of your output I imagine it is clever, subversive and amusing.

So yeah, you're personally bothered by the notion of confidence. And as support for that, you're citing the presidential election. I get it, that election shook a lot of people. Shook me too. But I don't know that whatever's been going on with the treasonous collusion that led to what is already the worst presidential administration in living memory is reason enough to start doubting everything to the level that looking at this carny sham necessitates I take a step back and start swallowing the nearest fence with my asshole.

(We got Dodgson here!)

Point being, it's harmful in many ways to be so sure of the unknown. (Not so much in the case of this fight, but in politics it breeds complacency and that's what cost Hillary, led to Brexit, Labour's shocking rise in the U.K.). I don't like misguided confidence no, I see it as a major and dangerous character flaw.

No. You're trying again.

What am I "trying" to do besides talk to you?

Why is "trying" in and of itself as offensive to you as my confidence in my own opinion?

Point being, it's harmful in many ways to be so sure of the unknown. (Not so much in the case of this fight, but in politics it breeds complacency and that's what cost Hillary, led to Brexit, Labour's shocking rise in the U.K.). I don't like misguided confidence no, I see it as a major and dangerous character flaw.

This shit is getting deep, huh

(Dogdson is a Jurassic Park reference. It's not particularly clever or subversive, but I appreciate you gave me that much credit)

Give it a rest Bobby Roberts. You don't even participate in the MMA or Boxing threads. You're just investing an unhealthy amount of time and energy hating on this fight and arguing with Gaffers.

BunnyBear

*Who got caught being wrong in public after incessant smug and confident posts about a future event.

Oh come on, if this was the N word you'd be crying foul here. Just like the N word, gay people have heard this word thrown at them all the fucking time. In fact they only have to play an online game and hear it like 50 times in an average match. Just like the N word it was : Painted on their houses, used in their faces, used by celebrities on daily TV (even till this day), used while they were being beaten up and even killed.

So yes it's just as bad a word and Floyd Mayweather should know better. There simply is no excuse. But hey, I'm sure us gay people just have to grow a "thicker hide". I didn't care for this fight, but now? I just hope they both drop with a seizure after the first blow to each other's head.

I can't stand dickheads like this.

Sigh, we need a new Muhammed Ali really, someone who could rhyme and joke while making fun of his opponent without looking like a total douchebag.
Did you not watch the video I posted just a few posts up? Ali was every bit as nasty and racist as Conor.

Give it a rest Bobby Roberts. You don't even participate in the MMA or Boxing threads. You're just investing an unhealthy amount of time and energy hating on this fight and arguing with Gaffers.

I appreciate your concern about my health. Disagree with your notion that participating in MMA or Boxing threads on GAF means anything as some sort of barometer of my sports fandom.

*Who got caught being wrong in public after incessant smug and confident posts about a future event.

Your having a problem with confidence isn't my problem, Bunny.

Top Bottom