• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNBC: US military has launched more than 50 missiles aimed at Syria: NBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
She said lt like literally a couple of hours ago too, and yet you still have people rushing in to make fools of themselves

It's embarrassing. People are simply anti-whatever-Trump-does even if it matches up with their side.

Or are people that ignorant on Hillary's foreign policy? hmm...

ironcreed

Banned
But for real. Did we just declare war on Syria?

You don't just bomb their airfields and just say "It was just a message".

This is the beginnings of taking out the Assad regime imo.

Well, I would think that they will definitely respond... then it's like ping pong.

But for real. Did we just declare war on Syria?

You don't just bomb their airfields and just say "It was just a message".

This is the beginnings of taking out the Assad regime imo.

no. If I'm not mistaken, the President has authority for attacks like these, but someone more informed than me could give you a better answer.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If he attacked the airfield where the planes carrying the chemical weapons took off from, I think that's an appropriate action. Let's hope Syria doesn't further agitate with more chemical weapons

WedgeX

Banned
Russia already basically disowned them after the latest chemical attack. They convinced Assad not to fuck with Obama but I guess he took Trump less seriously

Ahh I had not seen that about Russia.

So just potentially Syria.

As messed up as what has happened in Syria with the war crimes and what not, however there is no reason for US to get involved until US citizens are harmed.

Honestly, I'd call that a good thing. The operation is likely to be better-run the less involved he is.
Except for the whole aspect of having some kind of political resolution or strategy for what to do following these strikes.

And that's beside any reports on casualties.

Kyzer

Banned
is everyone so wrapped up in pointing out every time Trumps dumb ass is being a hypocrite that they dont actually have any sort of feelings about anything other than opposing everything he does?

this is an incredibly nuanced issue to just be making sarcastic russia investigation and trump tweet jokes

Boke1879

It's embarrassing. People are simply anti-whatever-Trump-does even if it matches up with their side.

Or are people that ignorant on Hillary's foreign policy? hmm...

The difference. Hillary isn't President. Trump is. He authorized this. I could give two fucks what she or anyone else said. It's on him.

JordanN

Banned
Is Assad gonna whine to Putin to save him?

How can he, when his hands are full?

NewFearlessFish.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
As messed up as what has happened in Syria with the war crimes and what not, but there is no reason for US to get involved until US citizens are harmed.

Lol you think this is going to be the end of it. He finally found something that will get people to stop talking about Russia

jay

She said lt like literally a couple of hours ago too, and yet you still have people rushing in to make fools of themselves

That's because people believe in supporting shitty Democrats, not because they believe in knee-jerk, violent diplomacy.

ZOONAMI

The difference. Hillary isn't President. Trump is. He authorized this. I could give two fucks what she or anyone else said. It's on him.

People in here are really overblowing this. They hit a Syrian military airbase. It is a pretty well measured response.

quesalupa

As messed up as what has happened in Syria with the war crimes and what not, but there is no reason for US to get involved until US citizens are harmed.
Wtf? I'm sure Trump is doing this for all the wrong reasons but what the fuck is this? You think our lives matter more than theirs?

kaskade

Trump probably barely had anything to do with this decision. I'm sure Mattis and McMaster were moreso behind the decision.

I don't know why everyone is freaking out though. This seems like an appropriate response.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

So you think attacking Syria in any way as punishment for using chemical weapons (on civilians no less) is inherently bad?

TankRizzo

Banned
One way to "fuck the Syrian president" would be to take in refugees and do more humanitarian aid.

But I guess it's easier just to Bomb the country instead?
I'm completely ok with this. Taking in refugees doesn't solve the problem for those who didn't leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom