• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN reporting that Obamacare repeal only is dead as well

jiggle

Drudge spitting fire.

CLjGCJC_d.jpg
Look at them bulging pecs
How are they held up with no spine

mnannola

I mean it really is on the senate and congress side to blame for this. Trump knowing absolutely nothing about Healthcare or even caring doesn't help matters but he didn't write the bill.

There were only 3 or 4 senators that seemed to be opposed to bill (at least in public). If Trump was actually good at his job, he would be getting with these senators to discuss why this bill was great. He would be using his position, twitter account etc. to sell the American public on why they should be for this bill.

Instead he just complained about Obamacare and the news media. He absolutely failed at the part of his job that is supposed to help get legislation signed. The complete opposite of how active Obama was in getting Obamacare passed.

He has to take a large portion of the blame for this failure.

Kensation

"He was playing with a firetruck and trying on a cowboy hat as the bill was collapsing and he had no clue," a top Republican told CNN's Jeff Zeleny on Tuesday, mocking the "Made In America" week at the White House.
laughter.gif

JettDash

There were only 3 or 4 senators that seemed to be opposed to bill (at least in public). If Trump was actually good at his job, he would be getting with these senators to discuss why this bill was great. He would be using his position, twitter account etc. to sell the American public on why they should be for this bill.

Instead he just complained about Obamacare and the news media. He absolutely failed at the part of his job that is supposed to help get legislation signed. The complete opposite of how active Obama was in getting Obamacare passed.

He has to take a large portion of the blame for this failure.

Trump was incapable of selling the bill because he didn't know anything about it or healthcare policy in general. And it would be hard to sell such a turd of a bill anyway.

This is what it looks like when the right wing governs.

It's no wonder that a party which thinks the government should basically do nothing can't get anything done.

Imagine a government of people who gave a shit about passing legislation that helps people and what could be accomplished. Instead we have these disgusting, religious-nutjob, clueless fuckwits.

Zolo

Does he understand that this is actually 48-52? And thus an embarrassing loss since his party is the majority one?

He understands. He needs to make it seem like a larger # in comparison.

Also it may as well be that due to refusal to work with Democrats.

rjinaz

Does he understand that this is actually 48-52? And thus an embarrassing loss since his party is the majority one?

Dem votes don't count! Except when they do because they should have voted!

These statements were made in the same day.

Trump makes my brain hurt.

This all makes the party that Trump threw for the House even funnier.
Imagine being those guys. You voted for a draconian bill that will never become law, you celebrated at the White House, and took a group photo that will be used in countless political ads against you next year.

kcp12304

Banned
Rs gladly fanned rage against Obama(care) in order to gain power yet when it came time to repeal...they couldn't govern for shit.

Repeal is not dead until the GOP doesn't control one house of Congress or the Presidency.

Don't forget this. It's on life support, but not dead yet.

Zolo

Imagine being those guys. You voted for a draconian bill that will never become law, you celebrated at the White House, and took a group photo that will be used in countless political ads against you next year.

I'm seriously starting to wonder who thought that was a good idea except Trump.....or I guess more accurately, what made them think it was a good idea.

JettDash

That's why I was not upset when it passed the House. Knew it probably my would not pass the Senate. So a bunch of House Republicans fucked themselves for nothing.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Who would have guessed that a bill that was as unpopular as theirs couldn't get the votes necessary? Also who could have fathomed that the states getting medicare subsidies from Obamacare would not want it to be repealed without a replacement?

These guys are above all incompetent. They aren't good at their jobs. None of them could actually sell why the American public would want their plan. Trump had no clue what their plan actually did, and why it would be better than Obamacare. He never gave a single speech or press conference in support of the plan. Most GOP senators didn't seem to really support it either. Even if they were going to vote for it, I didn't hear any enthusiasm around the bill.

Now they can't even gather the votes to repeal. They just wasted half a year with nothing to show for it.

What a farce.

As someone said in the other thread.
It's basically impossible to make a better right wing version of obamacare.

This was all an attempt at a huge tax break for the wealthy at the expense of lives.

Steel

Banned
As someone said in the other thread.
It's basically impossible to make a better right wing version of obamacare.

This was all an attempt at a huge tax break for the wealthy at the expense of lives.

I mean, if they actually wanted a free market solution that has been proven to actually work, there are examples in switzerland and the netherlands, whose healthcare systems rank quite highly. But then they'd have to put up a bunch of regulations and build on top of Obamacare which already has some similarity to those systems.

Ithil

"We almost got a majority vote in the Senate, in which we hold the majority of seats".

In a manner that is impressive, but not in the way he thinks.

kaskade

I feel like the GOP has been holding onto Trump thinking it was going to make it easier for them to jam their shitty legislation through but this obviously isn't working. I wonder if we'll see more of them coming out against him.
probably not

Top Bottom