• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN reporting that Obamacare repeal only is dead as well

House bill

315028791.jpg

Senate bill

596d27571500006303bfdff8.jpeg

Lol I knew that deja Vu feeling meant something

Zolo

I feel like the GOP has been holding onto Trump thinking it was going to make it easier for them to jam their shitty legislation through but this obviously isn't working. I wonder if we'll see more of them coming out against him.
probably not

A president who's presidency is going to be defined by scandal?

I feel like the GOP has been holding onto Trump thinking it was going to make it easier for them to jam their shitty legislation through but this obviously isn't working. I wonder if we'll see more of them coming out against him.
probably not

Maybe a little bit but as long as Trump holds their base in thrall, they won't speak out too much.

Steel

Banned
Reporter: So what have you actually done?

McConnel: *Pause* Well... We got a supreme court justice and.... We repealed 14 regulations.

And, well we got more time to get things do- *Walks out of the press conference*

Mitch: It's clear we don't have 50 votes in the Senate to fix Obamacare

Ah, if only there were some way to find more than 52 Senators to choose from...

adj_noun

Reporter: So what have you actually done?

McConnel: *Pause* Well... We got a supreme court justice and.... We repealed 14 regulations.

And, well we got more time to get things do- *Walks out of the press conference*

And they had to resort to scumbag cheatery for the justice.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love this. I really want to know how long it will take for Obamacare to implode now. Because donny said that is happening right now.... a lot of times.

I mean, if they actually wanted a free market solution that has been proven to actually work, there are examples in switzerland and the netherlands, whose healthcare systems rank quite highly. But then they'd have to put up a bunch of regulations and build on top of Obamacare which already has some similarity to those systems.

These morons don't understand the concept of something being proven or demonstrably effective. The only thing that matters is what they believe to be true, no matter how demonstrably false it is. Any example from another country of an effective approach to anything is discounted because it's "nut Amurrica!"

The mindset of this horrible group of idiots is if something isn't working, it's not because it's a bad idea but because it has not been implemented to an extreme enough degree.

I mean look at the way they treat trickle down. Shit not trickling down after decades? Can't be because it's a stupid fucking idea that doesn't work; must be because we're not cutting taxes enough on the rich and funneling enough money to the top.

Mitch: It's clear we don't have 50 votes in the Senate to fix Obamacare

Ah, if only there were some way to find more than 52 Senators to choose from...

Yo, he's been doing the obstructionist shtick so long that he actually forgot how gov't is supposed to function LOL

Actually the real truth is that the Republicans have demonized the Dems to their base to the point where they can't work with them without being labeled traitors. So many chickens coming home to roost in so little time :D

robochimp

I fucking love this. I really want to know how long it will take for Obamacare to implode now. Because donny said that is happening right now.... a lot of times.

They say the same thing about social security and Medicare over and over and some how the still exist.

Dont worry this guy found the turtle.

CGMiStpUUAAxcL0.png

I'm not sure if this is even accurate since I don't believe the GOP, in their hearts, believe they are helping the American people. Maybe some SAY they do...but do they really? They are the party of "pull yourself up by the bootstraps". AKA - if you're not me, I don't give a shit about you.

At least this person in the photo thought they were helping the tortoise, even if he was sending it to its death (although - great to hear that it didn't die!! Definitely gave me anxiety to look at that photo!).

this image will be in every Trump thread from now on.

Mike Pence giving in the side-eye seals it

It can be used in any Trump context through 202
. Everything about it is perfect: the caption at the top saying "The White House earlier," the clueless look on Trump's face, the skeptical look from Pence, the Fox News logo and alert, and, of course, the enormous headline.

JettDash

the worst day!

nailed this one - yup, he said it was failing like a few dozen times, they won't own it etc cause that's what leadership looks like

Even if the individual markets all collapse fewer people would lose their insurance than would due to Trumpcare. Dems have no incentive to help that orange piece of shit pass that crap bill. They better refuse to even talk to him unless he agrees to no Medicaid cuts (among other things).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm no turtle expert, but those look like different turtles to me.

Same gloves, same shirt, and that's definitely a tortoise going into the drink.

Wag

Now they'll just fuck up Obamacare so every insurance exchange will have no choice but to drop out.

Top Bottom