• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres an IAMA posted by a Community Writer up on Reddit in case anyone's interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/o6zsk/iama_writer_for_the_nbc_show_community_and_former/

wait wait wait wait.

She thinks Donald has innocence?

on the impact Donald had on Troy as a character:
Donald Glover had a lot. To see how much, just watch any season three episode, and then the pilot. His character became infused with a lot of the innocence (and fearlessness) that Donald has.

She most have gotten a different copy of Culdesac/EP/Camp than me. Or never seen his interviews or standup or website lol.

beat

wait wait wait wait.

She thinks Donald has innocence?
No, I can see it. It's not that Donald doesn't know stuff, it's that his comedy approaches things with a light touch. I'd say that side of him comes through more in his stand-up than his rapping.

Edit: I think she kind of alluded to it before, but in this IAMA she confirms she wrote one of my favourite Onion articles ever: http://www.theonion.com/articles/but-if-we-started-dating-it-would-ruin-our-friends,11473/

Shaneus

I was listening to an interview with her yesterday that someone posed a week or so ago, and man she sounds like a female, slightly less jaded, more sociable Harmon. From that alone, I reckon we'll see big things from her in the future. Like, Tina Fey "big".

beat

"Beetlejuice" explained! http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...for_the_nbc_show_community_and_former/c3ex22z
We had the word "Beetlejuice" in #304, originally, (in the little speech the security guard gives Chang about the thing, the arm thing, the parking lot thing, with the stripes...) and one morning I realized that was the second time we had used that word. We also used it in the Bottle Episode. So I came in and jokingly warned Dan during our morning meeting, that the show had said Beetlejuice twice and we had better be careful. Then he out-nerded me by remembering that it was said once in first season (by Prof. Slater). We had the idea to take it out of 304 and put it in the Halloween episode, so we could have him make an appearance.

Perhaps not as impressive as planning it for three years, but come on. Have you ever heard a writing staff more nerdy about their own show?

I am a 50 post luddite.

Mmm I thought that might be the case after I posted that. Fuckin' luddites.

Theres an IAMA posted by a Community Writer up on Reddit in case anyone's interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/o6zsk/iama_writer_for_the_nbc_show_community_and_former/

Enjoyed reading this, this morning! She confirmed that the evil versions of the characters will be making a re-appearance. She got me very keen for #317!

Shaneus

From Ganz' IAMA, I now know that this was actually penned by her (it was her last article before starting on Community. Zooey Deschanel now has a serious contender for my next celebrity faux-crush.

Everyone should read it. It's amazing stuff.

Rewatched all Season 3 episode (except Chang Nior which i accidentally deleted on my DVR). Really enjoyed the "Model UN" episode. Wasnt that one not the most popular episode around here?

While Metacritic users are certainly not alone among TV viewers in feeling disappointed by the past season of Glee, we suspect that the same fans who elevated Community to #1 above were at least partially responsible for The Big Bang Theory's #2 finish among the year's most overrated programs (the two shows shared a timeslot last year).

:lol

gabbo

The slutty Halle Berry version and butler Pierce, yes!
I wondered if there was a 'regular timeline' pic to accompany the evil one. I have an accompanying background now, woo!
And then Greendale central (contention character choices, but good overall). Someone knows their stuff

fisheyes

Has this been posted? (incredibly vague plot spoilers I guess?)

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/community-law-order-homage-season-3/
Get ready to despise Community‘s ongoing hiatus even more in three, two, one…
TVLine has learned exclusively that an upcoming episode of NBC’s currently benched sitcom will pay homage to late, great procedural Law & Order.

The story behind “Basic Lupine Urology” is as zany as you’d expect from Community: The Greendale gang must channel their inner Lennie Briscoes when someone allegedly sabotages their science experiment — the yam they’re attempting to sprout is demolished! — and they decide to investigate the crime.

Once the Human Being in question is unearthed, Annie “Jack McCoy” Edison prosecutes the perp to the fullest extent of the law Greendale’s Code of Conduct, with Michael K. Williams’ Professor Kane acting as judge.

And here’s the best part: Sources tell us the episode will feature the crime drama’s signature “dun-dun” sound effect!

Also, new to me (though apparently old):
http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/community-hiatus-season-3-preview/
http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/community-season-3-balnket-fort-civil-war/

Is Gotham Central decent? I just finished Arkham City, and need more Batman in me as soon as possible. Granted, there are more obvious places I could go first (Killing Joke, Long Halloween, the rest of TAS and Brave/Bold) but I kinda want something a bit different.

Also, those plots sound great. Law and Order spoof? Yes please!

gabbo

I'm putting money on Britta ruing the yam. Sounds like something to be Britta'd if there ever was one.
More Darkest timeline? The felt goatee industry is booming!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is Gotham Central decent? I just finished Arkham City, and need more Batman in me as soon as possible. Granted, there are more obvious places I could go first (Killing Joke, Long Halloween, the rest of TAS and Brave/Bold) but I kinda want something a bit different.

Also, those plots sound great. Law and Order spoof? Yes please!

Gotham Central is brilliant but there is very little Batman in it. But the upside is you won't care because the book is so damn good. Have you read Year One? If I were you I'd start with that, it's got a fairly similar tone and is a lot more Batmanny, but it'll also give you a taste of the GCPD that Rucka and Brubaker would come along and pick up some 15 years later.

Gotham Central is brilliant but there is very little Batman in it. But the upside is you won't care because the book is so damn good. Have you read Year One? If I were you I'd start with that, it's got a fairly similar tone and is a lot more Batmanny, but it'll also give you a taste of the GCPD that Rucka and Brubaker would come along and pick up some 15 years later.

Yeah, I need to read Year One. But glad to hear GC is good :)

snesfreak

Banned
Tonight's episode seemed off to me, for some reason Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin were on it.
And it was set in New York, is this gonna be like when the Fresh Prince "moved" back to Philly?

DominoKid

are there actually people who are against the other 4 shows in the thursday block just because community's not in it? If so, wow.

im not against the shows, but i wouldnt watch them if they didnt come on right after community. 30 Rock is cool, but its not something I'd check out by itself.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
From the AMA:

I still think my idea of the season finale being vignettes of the darkest timeline characters taking over for the good timeline ones, like in Buffy's "Restless." It would rule even though I would have no clue how they could do it in 21 minutes.

AjF2QBzCEAAdTt_.jpg

@NathanFillion
I'm officially in love with all the girls on #Community. Even @kenjeong. Especially @kenjeong. pic.twitter.com/qi5ivXjj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom